Finally. Prologue

• Thread starter linoleum
  • 10 comments
United States
The Cold Desert
After months of inactivity and procrastination, I finally bought Prologue and the appropriate boot disks. The slide card worked flawlessly and I was greeted with a beautiful opening movie. Man, the interface since GT3 is MUCH improved.

Without repeating what most have already posted, I will leave just a couple comments.

1) I LOVE the new physics engine. [I am a dualshock user] The throttle off rotation is much more pronounced, braking provides more feedback.
2) Graphically its greatly improved since GT3. The car modeling is very complete, detailed and glossy.
3) Fuji is a wonderful circuit
4) The Rally physics are very sensitive [realistic], so hammering the throttle finally equals a spinout.
5) Unfortunately I understand zero Chinese, so the test reviews are worthless.

So after 45 minutes of playtime last night, I am stoked to return again tonight for some more testing/arcade mode.

Couldn't be more happy with my 45 dollar investment. Should be a perfect distraction until Nov/Dec GT4 release!

Rich.

Should have bought the PAL version and tried to get that going instead. :)
I'm looking around for a black 21" Sony TV but all of them appear to be silver. :(

Mustang-man
Should have bought the PAL version and tried to get that going instead. :)
I'm looking around for a black 21" Sony TV but all of them appear to be silver. :(

Except there would be the issue of PAL doesn't play on NTSC TV's without modification or patching of some sort. Has to due with the differences in refresh rates and screen sizes...

PAL = Taller, Slower refresh rates
NTSC = Shorter, Faster refresh rates

Something like that.

~CYD

So for a slide card it is the same as a flip top right? I have a modded PS2 and it wont boot any DVD-R or Imports, but EVERY CDR and origional, I tried the flip top thing and it wont work, I think my laser is picky.

Should just buy a chip!.....Im not to keen on swap disks.......My PS2 with a Blue M 2 chip plays all regions games and DVD's. Fake or real

CYD
Except there would be the issue of PAL doesn't play on NTSC TV's without modification or patching of some sort. Has to due with the differences in refresh rates and screen sizes...

PAL = Taller, Slower refresh rates
NTSC = Shorter, Faster refresh rates

Something like that.

~CYD
PAL has a higher resolution but has a slower refresh rate. NTSC is the opposite - lower res, higher refresh rate. Take your pick.
I would've picked up the PAL version as there's an AR code to make it run in 60hz, so you have both of best worlds.

Back