Finally, Say Good Riddance to the (Christian Dior) Mangusta: What’s Next?

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
Now that it’s time appears to be reaching an end… can we please replace it with the Escudo!? Please…
Does anyone remember how long the Dior model has been in this position? Could it be the same amount of time the escudo has been missing?

EDIT: Just like the additional “Hot Buy” spots that came with last update, there is no countdown on the number of days left in limited stock, assuming because it was a new feature without precedent.

Has anyone found ANY reason at all to purchase this before it’s gone if we already have the regular Mangusta ‘69?

Any other guesses on what might be next???

I Don’t Understand why ANY car needs to be in the rotation that long. There are a number of ways that could’ve been implemented that were more useful and engaging than all the wasted space for so many months. I think it’s position would actually be better served as as spot that rotates MORE frequently than all the others, such as every other day. They have so many opportunities to make an exciting change. The only thing I can think that would be worse is if they just dissolve that position in the LCD altogether and not replace it at all.

I don’t want to get my hopes too high but I have a feeling that something good might come out of this. What ideas/or predictions do you all have?

Attachments

• 272CDC4E-EAFC-4509-AD1A-49D01F231980.png
    272CDC4E-EAFC-4509-AD1A-49D01F231980.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
1675069141590.png

Its been there since August, so 6 months. I'm glad to see it leave too but to be fair it didn't take up one of the precious spots in the LCD (There is 10 spots that cars rotate through) but was separate from the regular rotation.

View attachment 1227019

Its been there since August, so 6 months. I'm glad to see it leave too but to be fair it didn't take up one of the precious spots in the LCD (There is 10 spots that cars rotate through) but was separate from the regular rotation.
For sure, thats one way to look at it. 10 regular rotations and a “Wild Card”.

I actually would NOT prefer for it to become a regular rotation; Keep it a different type of slot… just make it more special and unique, rather than any single car in the same spot for 6 months, any car (especially the Dior) for such an extended time period isn’t useful for anyone.

So many things they could do to breathe new exciting life to the LCD

Has anyone found ANY reason at all to purchase this before it’s gone if we already have the regular Mangusta ‘69?
There's no reason to purchase it at all. Even the game doesn't class it as a car.

Just to explain that... it doesn't appear in the Car Collection at all, buying it doesn't fill in a blank in there - it doesn't qualify as a Mangusta for the purposes of the Car Collection, whether you have one already or not - and unlike every other car in the game there's no blue book icon (which only signifies whether you have owned it for the Car Collection) when you buy it. Quite simply, it's not a car according to GT7 itself.

Seeing as it's an "extra slot", there's a chance it'll just disappear without being replaced by anything. And then we just have a regular 10-car rotation in place.
exactly, we will just have 10 spots again until the next wildcard car, i'm not expecting anything :lol:

There's no reason to purchase it at all. Even the game doesn't class it as a car.

Just to explain that... it doesn't appear in the Car Collection at all, buying it doesn't fill in a blank in there - it doesn't qualify as a Mangusta for the purposes of the Car Collection, whether you have one already or not - and unlike every other car in the game there's no blue book icon (which only signifies whether you have owned it for the Car Collection) when you buy it. Quite simply, it's not a car according to GT7 itself.
PD must have hated it just as much as we did. Denying its very existence as a vehicle is a new level of hatred :lol:

I see the Dior Mangusta as a spot for brand exposure.
So, plain advertising then.

It has certainly been mentioned once or twice since it was revealed.

Liveries and car designs must be a fairly cost effective method of brand placement. Especially compared to the spectacular and legendary ”Nike-way” of doing it, designing unique content simulating products well outside their business model.

So if the Dior exposure are, or will be considered a success, we may see others just like it. Or not. But I’m not betting against it.

Last edited:

Thanks everyone for the additional info, I did read at some point about it not having a special slot in the collector place but that clears things up more.

Sorry, I should have clarified what I was thinking regarding whether or not to purchase it. I hope PD wouldn’t do this as a sick joke…
I had this weird feeling after noticing this that after it disappears, possibly forever, that the next update (or one on April Fools) would have some amazing engine swap for only the Dior version of the car and we would never have access again. Yet we all had 6 months to grab it lol

Last edited:

For once I agree with GT7 :cheers:

The checks from Christian Dior must have stopped. Unless it ends up in the same dustbin as the Suzuki Escudo and Ford Roadster, it will be back in the regular rotation before either the Escudo or Roadster...at a higher price than the 500,000 Cr. it is at the moment.
Thanks everyone for the additional info, I did read at some point about it not having a special slot in the collector place but that clears things up more.

Sorry, I should have clarified what I was thinking regarding whether or not to purchase it. I hope PD wouldn’t do this as a sick joke…
I had this weird feeling after noticing this that after it disappears, possibly forever, that the next update (or one on April Fools) would have some amazing engine swap for only the Dior version of the car and we would never have access again. Yet we all had 6 months to grab it lol
Like the Ford Roadster?

Last edited:
The checks from Christian Dior must have stopped.
My guess is that there must have been a contract that stated it had to appear and stay active for a set period of time. Possibly a contract for 6 months of exposure as it appears like that's how long its been there, if not to the day, before being removed. That's my guess anyway.

My guess is that there must have been a contract that stated it had to appear and stay active for a set period of time. Possibly a contract for 6 months of exposure as it appears like that's how long its been there, if not to the day, before being removed. That's my guess anyway.
It's close enough. Assuming it sells out at midnight UTC, it will have been available for a few hours short of 160 days, as it first came into Hagerty's after the 1.20 update on 8/25.

Back