First Drifting video

• Thread starter rakanishu
  • 37 comments
Hello everybody!

I'm new here and I just finished my first driftingvideo (not all drifting). It is 8 minutes long and about 70mb large, so broadband is almost a must. This is my first edited video (all in a days work, all done with Premier 6.5) so just tell me what you all think.

First driftingvideo Right Click -> Save Target As...

Drifting away, into the night.... :mischievous:

not bad, ur 4WD drifts r pretty good
that one EVO drift down the Laguna Seca "Rainey Curve" was the one drift i liked

BTW, what'd u use to get the vids into ur comp?
does ur video card have TV IN?

Nice vid, what are the odds that my cousin and I finish our video's on the same day (or at least posted them). Problem is i have nowhere to put them. How did you get your video's online?

Originally posted by fto_drifter
how do i directly hook my ps2 up to my comp
I play my PS2 on my PC
The L+R audio in a adapter to the Line-in from my Sondblaster Audigy and the S-Video to the Video-in of the Pinnacle PC-TV Pro TV-card!
I like it more than the picture on my TV!
And there are a lot of things I can do with the sound and picture! :cool:

To record the replays I connected my ps2 to my TV-Tuner standalone-card (Pinnacle pcTV-PRO). I used a program called virtualdub to ripp the videos to my hard drive. To put all the pieces together I used a program called Adobe Premier 6.5. Thanks for all the feedback :D . I'm looking forward to seeing some of yours videos.

BTW. All my drifting is done with the dualshock2 controller

Just for the record, I don’t own a PS2 (borrowing my friends), everything in the movie was done in a day (buying, tuning, driving, recording and editing) and I didn’t make this video to show-off my drifting skills, just to try out premier;)

I'll try to do some real drifting by next week, maybe release a video with a bit more action.

Originally posted by rakanishu
BTW. All my drifting is done with the dualshock2 controller
:lol: i can tell ^_^
ur not the only oe who uses dual shocks to drift (even though i temporairily own a logitech driving force 2 steering wheel)

Originally posted by rakanishu
I'm looking forward to seeing some of yours videos.
Don't expect video's from me, 'cuz I don't understand how to use Adobe Premiere 6.x and that other program!
And since I'm a lazy-ass... I don't feel to read some tutorials or something! :rolleyes:
AND I'm not a good drifter... almost all my drifts ends in a spin! :irked: :banghead:
I think I'm addicted to the accelerator... 'cuz I just can't release it!! ;)

hehe^^ I didn’t mind reading any tutorials either. I always end up with endless hours of testing and errors. I have just been discussing for about an hour with my friends about gaming skills, because they claimed that so called "driving-games" didn’t require any skills:banghead: . They went on and on about how stupid it was to compare gt3 to counter-strike because the community wasn’t as big and so on.... I'm exhausted :irked:

Nice drifts... but the part I didn't really like was the 1st part.. where u go through everything so fast... It was like ---------------------------------------> and I was like -_-... if u know what I meant..

Great video! I like youre editing, you got some talent. Some of the color changes and the negative image bit wasnt for my taste. Other than that some execelent work. 👍

Nice choise of music. :D

thx keitshi :)

Dunno about the 56k video. It is a 8 minute video and i think compressing it to a 56k-level would have to be too nasty to watch.
Sorry Thino... If I can compress it properly I may upload another copy.

I'm sorry to say I won't be releasing a new video in the near future because my friend suddenly wanted his PS2 back :( I guess he saw some of the videos on the site and was inspired^^

Hi,

Why don't you buy your own PS2! :)
I've borrowed a PS2 from a friend to, but that doesn't work!! :irked:
Just buy your own one! 👍
(A PS2 isn't expensive anymore)

The video was so-so in my eyes. I absolutely loved the background music. The thing that irked me most was the monotony of it all...A lot of the drifts were mediocre and you kept showing the same turns over and over...But, I still really enjoyed the production and I'm sure with a little refinement in skill and editing you'll have one serious video on your hands.

Back