First Gran Turismo Sport Live Event of 2019 Set for Paris March 14–18

I would say they most likely all were using ABS default, don’t know for sure though and I doubt any were using TCS.

The wheels were Thrustmaster T-GT’s, not sure on pedals, T3PA Pro’s most likely. ;)

I think we need "official setting" for sport mode and FIAGTC. So we can practice using that setting all the time. Differrent setting results different improvement, and different style of driving. I don't mind if using both ABS and TC off as long as it is official. I am glad PD give option to turn off suggested gear, finally.

ABS standard and everything else off

--------------------------
Edit:

so @TRL LIGHTNING hit the wall in the pit entry? It wasn't shown and so I was wondering where the huge time loss to Nico came from after they pit.

Now I understand why Mikail was THAT much sad in the end, obviously an very unnecessary error.

But hey, its everything about learning from it mate. What should Igor say? He threw everything away because of an REALLY unnecessary mistake, since there is not that big time pressure in the pits while deciding if you fill up or not.

Last edited:
Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? The N class racing felt just as entertaining as the rest imo, there would be no point in having 70% of the game's cars if they didn't get featured once in a while. To each is own I guess though..

No one pissed in my cornflakes mate, but I just feel PD owed it to the competitors to give them a race where they could showcase all of their driving abilities, some drivers were only seen in the flesh for 5 laps

Would be nice to get this HUD in the game. It's so clean.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 23.38.09.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 23.38.09.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 69
Would be nice to get this HUD in the game. It's so clean.
It would be nice to have the option although I couldn't see myself using that one. PD also did really cool circuit presentations for the World Tour events which should be used ingame as they show location topography. Seems a lot of work for just these events.

I noticed there was no 'Suggested Gear' assist in the races either. That is something I would like to switch off.

I haven't had a chance to really look back at the races so this is more initial general thoughts.

Important thing to note about Lexus is that since the Finals, there's been changes to the game making front tire wear worse along with a 1% power loss for the Gr3 car. Brands was also not an ideal track for qualifying. Lexus was snappy and that unfortunately happened during the qualifier.

Even being in that hole, all of us had chances to overtake during our individual races but it was like every move we made to try and gain positions costs us spots instead. A podium could've been possible if only we were one or two spots ahead at certain events that unfolded. It is what it is. We did what we could.

Personally, all my practice trying to emulate a TG-T with a G29 at home had mixed results. I must get one somehow at this point if I want to elevate my skill level and be ready before going to any future live events. At least they had plenty of rigs to use to really get acquainted with the wheel. Have several times I set which I'll compare when I return.

Watching Nations on site was great, as expected. Thrilled that Nico finally came on top but I was so sad for @TRL LIGHTNING. I watched him hit the pit road barrier from my seat and the time he lost (2~4 seconds) was the deciding factor. Was astonished it was missed by the broadcast.

I did hear he got a lot of flack for how he looked in the podium. All I can say is that I was also there live when Nico blew the Bathurst pit entry in Vegas. Even the best out there can make mistakes and it can be so painful when that costs someone a victory. Both are great young people and I can't even imagine the pressure on them with such high expectations on their shoulders. Nico finally did everything he needed to do at the right time and I hope Mikhail can do it in the future.

Paris, generally, turned out well. Weather wasn't the most cooperative but met even more great people. Just the experiences is what makes me want to keep trying, even if my odds will only get harder. It's a challenge worth taking.

PS: Yes, I brought my PS2 with old GT games again but unlike Vegas, I got it to work. Let's just say license tests can get rather addicting.

It would be nice to have the option although I couldn't see myself using that one. PD also did really cool circuit presentations for the World Tour events which should be used ingame as they show location topography. Seems a lot of work for just these events.

I noticed there was no 'Suggested Gear' assist in the races either. That is something I would like to switch off.

It’s minimalist and to the side you know? The suggested gear being off would be welcome for me too.

Different format for my personal thoughts this time.

Qualifying:
Rubilar’s dominance in both sessions is made all the more impressive when you notice that 2nd through to 22nd (21 drivers) were separated by just 1.057 seconds in the first session. I think this demonstrates the talent of the entire field for almost all of them to be in the 31’s in a version of the X2014 that they were unable to practice in back at home.

Semi-Final A:
Consider me stunned. The pre-event talk was pointing to the Supra dominating this one. Turns out the new cars had something to say about it, especially Hizal who fooled us into thinking he wasn’t going to do the alien thing. I’m still going to criticise Blazsan though for almost losing to an E-Type. Further back was complete chaos, a fierce fight to stay in the competition. Fortunately, the guys I was rooting for all made it out alive.

Semi-Final B:
Instead of missiles, we’ll now have to refer to looking bad as “becoming a Portilla” after that start. And then Fraga and Carrazza pulled a Renault. Fraga arguably made a double blunder by not thinking to go to lap 6 before taking his required Mediums. But I’ll praise Carrazza for keeping the hammer down and scrambling back to 9th when I thought he was done. Faultless drive from Wong/Saika at the front though.

Repechage:
The biggest s***post in sim racing since Maxx Bantz. I’m not even going to attempt to analyse this one and just congratulate those who qualified out of this. I will praise PD for finally basing the repechage and final grid order on the previous race rather than qualifying, as now every position in every race matters.

Final:
I would however like qualifying to be tiebreaker for grid position when there are two or more group races. It doesn’t make sense for Wong to out-qualify Hizal, win his group race, yet line up 2nd because he was in group B. I don’t think it made a huge difference to the result though. Rubilar carried over his pace from qualifying and hit them all with the incredibly rare overcut. The memes are dead, the Nico curse is no more. Also very interesting that, for all the talk of fuel being a factor, the front runners did not actually take any extra fuel on board. I’m not surprised though, given the low refuelling rate at the live events these days.

Conclusion:
There’s still room for improvement. The N-class racing always leaves huge question marks regarding whether those that qualify for the final did it on skill alone, or if the BoP favoured them. This isn’t helped by the lottery system that needs to be scrapped already. However, I really enjoyed the final race and believe it was one of the best races we’ve seen at a World Tour yet. Congratulations again to Nicolas Rubilar.

Last edited:
Priorities done right!

Whoever suggested Lenny Ibizarre's works as GT Sport's menu deserves a beer :cheers:
Except for that Melancholy ear garbage. I hate that crap so much, I mute the audio when it comes on. So annoying, and seems to go on forever.

A terrible event for me. I didn't have the pace of Nico in qualifying but definitely had the pace for a top 5. I got blocked on my first flyer by someone who decided to carry on his lap after spinning on the grass by blocking me for most of the last sector. But, 10th out of 24 wasn't a disaster.

My Aston Martin was OK for the first 2 laps of a stint but the third lap was terrible which is why I had to use hards for my second stint. My mediums only lasted 3 laps.

I got hit off turn 1 and dropped to 10th as you all saw, but my race wasn't over. At least, until I was used twice as a wall by other cars to take the hairpin. Both incidents were off screen and for "only" 10th position, a position the stewards didn't even realise would secure you a spot in the repechage (true fact).

The cleanliness of the driving across the weekend was the worst across any race/event I've ever watched or raced in. The stewards told us in the morning driver briefing they wanted the driving to be cleaner than in the manufacturers races the previous day. Unfortunately the stewards and PD are prioritising the entertainment and drama value for the stream and compromising the quality of racing. It's sad.

Plan for next time: do better in qualifying and avoid the "racing" lower down the field. On to the next. 👍

Few pics:

@Jordan
DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Last edited:
So, Paris being the first venue to held GT World Tour and I can say the event is a nice comeback from last year. Both Manufacturer and Nations Cup races are fun and entertaining, with Nations Cup had a lot of drama with Lightning gutted and Igor did a mistake but I'm sure they will be back in good shape later 👍

Speaking of repechage race, it is probably the only races that gone rough but from what I've seen all the drivers trying to kept it clean while in the same time struggled to handle the car on dirt track and I think that should be appreciated :cheers: Feels like rallycross with car having contact most of the time and the gap between cars were close makes it a competitive race. This also shown that Gr.B has it's own potential to be featured in future World Tour or FIA Championships event so I hope PD take note and start to adding few numbers of rally car and dirt/snow track (We had snow tires options pity if it can't be used until now though...)

Also, congrats to all winner and people who involved in this event (including @Jordan and all GTP staff that gave us the coverage through weekend :gtpflag: ). Well done! 👍:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back