first hybrid in gran turismo4(made it myself)

Hybrids aren't possible in GT4 , unless you have created a new method of allowing swaps with other car parts.

180sxdrifter
uh gameshark is hybriding right?
' btw got my car to fly out of test oval and go 50,000+ mph!
Sorry, but can you "prove" this claim? Pictures maybe?

G.T
Sorry, but can you "prove" this claim? Pictures maybe?
I think he means he used some super turbo cheat using gameshark to get it to go that fast. As far as I know, hybrids are cars that you use parts from different cars to make, like a civic with a supra engine, 787B wheels, and so on, so I wouldn't consider it as a hybrid.

my cams out of batteries:grumpy: but if u have gameshark u can do it yourself, it was so funny i started to go in tears,lol but yeah ill try to get pix somehow

MINICOOPER120
I think he means he used some super turbo cheat using gameshark to get it to go that fast. As far as I know, hybrids are cars that you use parts from different cars to make, like a civic with a supra engine, 787B wheels, and so on, so I wouldn't consider it as a hybrid.
Yes, the deffinition of a hybrid(in GT terms) Is a car that has part of other cars built into it. This was popular in GT3 mainly but there have been not true hybrids YET in GT4.

It's possible with an Action Replay.

Super turbo cheats can make cars go real fast. IE 5000mph+ Toyota GT1.
Supersized wheels......all that can be achieved with an AR2. My brother has one, and he makes his gt1 break outta the test course regularly.

EDIT: not really a hybrid, tho.

As far as I know, there's no way to unpack the VOL-files of GT4 (which contain all the game data) yet. That means that there's no way to get to the actual car data, which means: no hybrids. A car with changed settings using a GameShark is nice, but not a hybrid.

Regards
the Interceptor

the Interceptor
As far as I know, there's no way to unpack the VOL-files of GT4 (which contain all the game data) yet. That means that there's no way to get to the actual car data, which means: no hybrids. A car with changed settings using a GameShark is nice, but not a hybrid.

Regards
the Interceptor
That's pretty much what I said but I dont think anyone has came close to cracking the VOL encoded in the game save file

180sxdrifter
my cams out of batteries:grumpy: but if u have gameshark u can do it yourself, it was so funny i started to go in tears,lol but yeah ill try to get pix somehow
I have several Gamesharks, What's are the codes so I can share this wonderful truth with everyone? Thanks!

(((((((I will mis work if you could Hybrid in GT4)))))))

the Interceptor

Regards
the Interceptor

How do you know? I've read it can be converted and used in BSD, Linux, and Solaris systems.

That is, files with .VOL extensions.

HACKr
How do you know? I've read it can be converted and used in BSD, Linux, and Solaris systems.

That is, files with .VOL extensions.

The uber-gurus behind GT3 hybrids spent many an hour on this problem and came up empty.

VV
Vol files are not a real problem.
The real problem is the encryption used in the MC files.

You got a point there. PD doesn't want people hacking the crap out of their software.

And if only the PS2 wasn't 128 bit.
I was kind of thinking of using a Game Shark to make a ram dump. Something what I do with my Apple IIgs, poke 56,3 and it dumps for me. Now, the PS2 is worlds ahead, but is there a poke to make it dump the ram? (On the screen, like and error message or a BSOD) Maybe have the dump trigured when you are looking at a any car by turning on the Game shark, so you could find the car code or something. You would have to do a lot of trial and error. Is there a dump function in the BIOS? Are there any memory maps anywhere?

Anyway, this is too much to do. Who needs GT4 hybrids that much?

I've done 30k MPH with the Toyota 7, broke through the walls on backwards Seattle (like you can in GT3)

Of course I was cheating...but that's beside the point.

I have pics here on the forum of me doing it...but too lazy to search now.

Edit:

dscf00096pf.jpg

dscf00126tr.jpg

dscf00137bo.jpg

HACKr
Anyway, this is too much to do. Who needs GT4 hybrids that much?

Umm, ME!💡 I have so many ideas for hybrids in GT4 it would take me months to get them all completed. But, sadly, PD doesn't want me to.:guilty:

GT3man2001
Umm, ME!💡 I have so many ideas for hybrids in GT4 it would take me months to get them all completed. But, sadly, PD doesn't want me to.:guilty:

And thats the truth. PD don't like hackers that much. *Second guesses whats in that GT1 disk case*

Delirious XVII
I've done 30k MPH with the Toyota 7, broke through the walls on backwards Seattle (like you can in GT3)

Of course I was cheating...but that's beside the point.

I have pics here on the forum of me doing it...but too lazy to search now.

Edit:

dscf00096pf.jpg

dscf00126tr.jpg

dscf00137bo.jpg

where the heck did you break out in seattle??

there is this small trick, that you can break out in cota d'azur, which is pretty easy, and in seattle there is that place after the start finsih straight....the wall....but the thing is, i'm getting stock half way through there....

:ill:

Go the other way round (or select seattle II) an dyou can break out by driving into the corner of the first bend (on the right)

ultrabeat
Go the other way round (or select seattle II) an dyou can break out by driving into the corner of the first bend (on the right)
Just like you can in GT3, not to be rude or anything but you didnt MAKE a hybrid, you just gave it tons of power via a quad turbo cheat

Christhedude
in seattle there is that place after the start finsih straight....the wall....but the thing is, i'm getting stock half way through there....:ill:

where?
which side?

HACKr
You got a point there. PD doesn't want people hacking the crap out of their software.

Damn fun nazis!

Back