First News on the Next Forza Motorsport Coming May 7

Finally some news on this! Sounds exciting, even if it is just what is coming down the pipe later on. Hopefully some new actual motorsports racing series machines, like the universal aero kit for IndyCar. The rear bumpers are just hideous.

I want to feel excited, but I'm honestly worried. If Forza won't come back to its classic formula, keeps on cutting corners, making weird restrictions for its offline mode and overall rushing on quality control (mostly for PC), then it's back to put my hope into PD. But if Gran Turismo keeps its new focus on competition and game structure from GTS, than I'm out of options with car games... :(

Listen, dude. The 1990 Mazda Miata HAS THE 1994-97 INTERIOR IN IT. Is something wrong with your eyes? Did you not read this correctly? How can you be okay with this?

No it dont. Learn your vehicles man. 94 was first for us miata to get passenger airbag, redesigned dash. 90-93 has different dash at the center tombstone and passenger side. People and not knowing vehicles. Even the most raced car in the world. Mx5

Listen, dude. The 1990 Mazda Miata HAS THE 1994-97 INTERIOR IN IT. Is something wrong with your eyes? Did you not read this correctly? How can you be okay with this?

Forza creators dont care. I can point out issues on their cars all day. Where as gran turismo, i really cant because they know cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't expect a revolution.
Where as gran turismo, i really cant because they know cars.

Which is why it took them 7 games to make a Corvette sound like it has a pushrod V8. Gotcha. And they never labelled an Integra GS-R as a Type-R in GT2 either, nope. Or had a bunch of Toyota models badged as Lexuses in the same game, despite said trim never actually existing. Or making stats up for cars. No, clearly, they've never done so because they know cars.

Shall I go on?

To bring back an old GAF staple:

301037.jpg

The things I dislike the most about FM7 are the atrocious car sounds. They totally break the immersion for me. Hopefully those will be improved in FM8, wouldn't get my hopes up though...

I don't expect a revolution.

Which is why it took them 7 games to make a Corvette sound like it has a pushrod V8. Gotcha. And they never labelled an Integra GS-R as a Type-R in GT2 either, nope. Or had a bunch of Toyota models badged as Lexuses in the same game, despite said trim never actually existing. Or making stats up for cars. No, clearly, they've never done so because they know cars.

Shall I go on?

Wow. First time in awhile ive seen someone who has been part of the site longer than me. My original account i still hold is march of 2002. Heck i even remember when jordan had a community page in like 2000 or 2001. I remember back when we had a feedback section and my idea was actually put into gt5, in race saves. I clicked on that page the first i saw it and no one had anything on there. Then a couple days later i signed back in and you guys made a post about it and there was like hundreds of people on it. Good times. Seeing your account from 2002 flooded me with good old memorys. Ill have to sign into my old account soon if i can remember my password for my email to make a new password here haha

I *really* hope T10 adds some offroad tracks to do all the Forza's offroad vehicles justice.

I know it's a long shot, but a man can dream, right?

Or horizon to add some circuit tracks. I guess the same thing haha. They should just combine both of the teams talents into one game

Finally some news on this! Sounds exciting, even if it is just what is coming down the pipe later on. Hopefully some new actual motorsports racing series machines, like the universal aero kit for IndyCar. The rear bumpers are just hideous.

You said it!

I *really* hope T10 adds some offroad tracks to do all the Forza's offroad vehicles justice.

I know it's a long shot, but a man can dream, right?

Or maybe additional full racing series like IndyCar,, IMSA, WEC, Aussie V8.... Phillip Island is an Amazing track or Surfers Paradise. DTM, BTCC

Last edited by a moderator:
A major aspect I hope T10 focuses on is the existing car models. Sure, the vast majority of them are quite good, but I think we can all agree that there are a few models that are in serious need of an update. Think the S15, R32 and 22B. :indiff:

A major aspect I hope T10 focuses on is the existing car models. Sure, the vast majority of them are quite good, but I think we can all agree that there are a few models that are in serious need of an update. Think the S15, R32 and 22B. :indiff:
I’m pretty sure there’s still several cars still using the models from Forza 1 & 2. The C5 Corvette has always been one of the most obvious ones for me personally

Hm, not sure what to expect. Probably not much since Turn 10 more or less confirmed that this game is still in its early concept stage? So maybe Dan Greenwalt will talk about their ideas and vision, but i doubt they will be able to show anything.

That being said, the next Xbox puts me in a difficult spot. I have a rather powerful PC, but not as powerful as the next Xbox console will be. Exclusives have always been the best reason for me to buy an console, but the next Xbox will be just an option for customers, one way of many to play the latest Xbox games, not the only one. I expect that Microsoft will release all of its upcoming games on PC, the next Xbox and the Xbox One - the later via streaming. So if you have a fast internet connection and are willing to sign up to Xbox Game Pass and their future streaming service, i guess you dont even need to buy the new Xbox console. Those modern times *sigh*

Damage simulation would be subject to negotiations with the car brands, many of whom don't want their cars crumpled up because of antiquated notions of how it would impact the perception of the safety of their cars.

Dynamic terrain deformation should definitely be doable though. Forza Horizon 4 already kinda-sorta does it, though it's cosmetic.
If you take it at face vaule they should be happy cause you can do next to anything and the car will keep going.

Nope, they're all in FH4 and also sound better in FH4.
How can you judge something if you haven't even tried it yet? Go drive the Honda Civic Type-R (EK9) in FH4 then in FM7, and while you're at it, the Carrera GT as well. You'll noticed a BIG difference in engine sounds.

How can you judge something if you haven't even tried it yet? Go drive the Honda Civic Type-R (EK9) in FH4 then in FM7, and while you're at it, the Carrera GT as well. You'll noticed a BIG difference in engine sounds.

So I should go back to FM7 just because a couple of the 800+ cars sound good? And what about race cars? The race cars in FM7 sound absolutely awful. Too high-pitched and sound like they were recorded in a tin can. Unless they miraculously manage to improve the sounds of most of the 800+ cars I'm not going back.

So I should go back to FM7 just because a couple of the 800+ cars sound good? And what about race cars? The race cars in FM7 sound absolutely awful. Too high-pitched and sound like they were recorded in a tin can. Unless they miraculously manage to improve the sounds of most of the 800+ cars I'm not going back.
I'm not saying you should go back to FM7. Just saying you shouldn't falsely claim that the engine sounds need improvement WHEN IN FACT T10 has just started work on it, than acting like FH4 has better engine sounds (which it doesn't) when you haven't even tested it yet...

Last edited:
I do worry that FM8 might be rushed, just because the extra year between games has been spent on FM7. Only recently they've said they've switched over, so does that mean only another 2 year dev time? Obviously that's only if the Xbox (hopefully people learn how to name sequels, looking at you Hitman 2 and XBOX One) releases late '19/early '20.

I'm not saying you should go back to FM7. Just saying you shouldn't falsely claim that the engine sounds need improvement WHEN IN FACT T10 has just started work on it, than acting like FH4 has better engine sounds (which it doesn't) when you haven't even tested it yet...

So you are telling me that just because T10 has just started working on it (one and a half year after release) mean that engine sounds don't need improvement?? What kind of logic is that?? And imo FH4 does have better engine sounds. If you don't agree, that's OK, but don't make it sound like a fact, it's just your opinion after all

Back