First News on the Next Forza Motorsport Coming May 7

So you are telling me that just because T10 has just started working on it (one and a half year after release) mean that engine sounds don't need improvement?? What kind of logic is that??
When did I say that? I said at the very start it will take time to improve, and that this is ONLY a start. I never once said it didn't need improvement. Now you're just putting words in my month...

When did I say that? I said at the very start it will take time to improve, and that this is ONLY a start. I never once said it didn't need improvement. Now you're just putting words in my month...

"You shouldn't falsely claim that the engine sounds need improvement" That's what you said, wasn't it? And it does sound like you were implying that it didn't need improvement...unless you didn't mean by that then I'm sorry. Anyway, I don't think they have enough time. They have about 18 months to fix the sounds, if they could manage to fix 6 or 7 sounds per month (which is nearly impossible imo) they would only be able to fix around 120 before they stop supporting the game. Quantity over quality, that has been their philosophy for many years. Which is why I said at the very begining I wouldn't get my hopes up, and you shouldn't either.

"You shouldn't falsely claim that the engine sounds need improvement" That's what you said, wasn't it?
Oh my bad, that's on me. Sorry.
And it does sound like you were implying that it didn't need improvement...unless you didn't mean by that then I'm sorry.
No need to apologize, it does need improving. I'm only saying it will maybe take some time to be done. :)
Anyway, I don't think they have enough time. They have about 18 months to fix the sounds, if they could manage to fix 6 or 7 sounds per month (which is nearly impossible imo) they would only be able to fix around 120 before they stop supporting the game.
You're right. They won't have enough time to get this done before the next game, especially when there are other issues in the game that needs improving and fixing, like online racing for example.
Quantity over quality, that has been their philosophy for many years. Which is why I said at the very begining I wouldn't get my hopes up, and you shouldn't either.
No worries. It's as low as the highway haha. Although I am a little hopeful that FM8 will feature dirt tracks and seasons. :P

The single biggest thing they could do to improve the next Forza is...........................GHOST LAPPED CARS IN PUBLIC LOBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then what will all the muppets have to do?

When the leader gets within say 100ft of your car when you are being lapped, you are ghosted to all lead lap cars.

The single biggest thing they could do to improve the next Forza is...........................GHOST LAPPED CARS IN PUBLIC LOBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then what will all the muppets have to do?

When the leader gets within say 100ft of your car when you are being lapped, you are ghosted to all lead lap cars.

That's actually coming to FM7 soon-ish, according to T10.

The team at Turn 10 is still hard at work on the FRR feature set. Future updates will allow players to enable FRR in private lobbies, along with highly requested features like the ghosting of lapped players. In addition the team is working on penalizing car-to-car collisions in the game. Look for more details on all of these updates in the future.

I do worry that FM8 might be rushed, just because the extra year between games has been spent on FM7
Core development of FM8 started way before FM7 goes gold. M$ needs techdemo for there new hardware and there isnt anything that could do job better than Forza Motorsport. One of the main features of next console generation will be Ray Traysing tech and ,most likely, VR - car game will be best advertisement for those.

I’m pretty sure there’s still several cars still using the models from Forza 1 & 2. The C5 Corvette has always been one of the most obvious ones for me personally

For me the Bugatti EB110 is one of the most obvious low quality cars. I mean it looks like it’s a plastic toy car...

On the subject of FM8, I honestly would not mind a reboot of the cars again. With over 800 cars already now in FM7, I also feel the devs are limited to what they can do. We already heard a feature being cut from FH4 because updating all the cars for it would be too much work (was this paintable break callipers? I don’t remember but it was in one of the FH4 streams).

I would actually prefer FM8 to be a complete car reboot. It can have 50-100 cars at launch but with a ton more features:
* buying a car at the dealership would be much as in real life. You choose your exterior trim, interior trim, maybe some limited edition liveries etc. You choose LHD or RHD model, factory rims. All the official engines and rims would be there as well.
* afterwards you can go to an aftermarket dealer to get extra power upgrades, wide body kits, custom paint jobs, etc.
* convertibles can be driven with the roof open or closed. For me it doesn’t need to be dynamic on track, but you would be able to save it in ForzaVista.
* I would like FM8 to become a bit more towards sim as well, the way it is now is a joke. I want a “real” setting for assists (ESP on/off) and gearbox (man/auto) so that it follows what the car is in real life. I want different tyre compounds so pit stop races become fun and tactic. I want windscreen wipers and headlights to become optional controller buttons for more realism and immersion. And of course real dynamic weather and day/night cycles for endurance races instead of what we have now in FM7.
* I believe current car assets are created full HD? It’s been revealed in a FM6 stream a while ago. To be ready for the future I think creating new car models need to be in 8K.
* The Forza engine needs a massive overhaul in the shadow and lighting department. FM7 can look gorgeous at times on those dynamic rain tracks, but in plain daylight the lighting on the car and track assets looks downright ugly.
* Get rid of the darn 2D trees and deforestation of certain tracks...

I mean FM5/6/7 have been fun for this generation (FM6 even being my nr.1 most played game on X1 with nearly 900 hours clocked). If FM8 is just a continuation of the core mechanics of FM7 then IMO that’s a bit of a disappointment. Sure it will be fun, but it could be so much more. If you want a revolutionary game, you need to break away from the past and that means cutting down the 800+ car count.

Still whatever they decide to do, for sure I will pick it up at launch (the new Xbox console and ultimate editions of the next gen FM and FH games). Lately I’ve been playing a lot of non-racing games like BFV, BF1, Anthem (yeah...), Assassin’s Creed Origins/Odyssey, Far Cry 5 & New Dawn, CoD WW2, The Divison 2, ... and the gaming world outside Forza is an absolutely cluster**** of micro transactions. Especially EA’s life service formula (BFV and Anthem) is absolutely pathetic with content just being cut out of the game before launch and being sold later as micro transactions. Publishers are so greedy lately except... Microsoft/Turn10/Playground. If you look at it, all the character customisation in FH4 could been infested with micro transactions as well. Instead of putting everything on wheel spins, it could have been coming from a MTX shop. Even in this MTX world of 2018/2019 Microsoft decided against it and I respect them greatly for that. Side note: a lot of respect for PD as well for doing the same on the GT Sport front, many new tracks since launch and all for free.

Anyway I’m VERY cautious with preordering new games now because I’ve been burned before (Anthem, BFV, ...) but for sure FM8 and FH5 (and GT7) will be blind preorders for me. And as far as the next gen consoles go, I now have a X1X and PS4 Pro as well, I will upgrade to the new generation when it is released.

The only way that I will even touch the next Forza Motorsport is if they either completely revamp the physics and tuning system, allow for more spec options of cars (not just high-end models), strict racing rules, realistic pit-stops and strategies, changing of tire compounds from just street/racing to soft/hard like Gran Turismo.

I haven't played FM7 too much and have been playing FM6 quite a bit, but I really am not satisfied with what I've seen from Turn 10 this generation. It seems they have more than enough power with systems like the Xbox One X and the future Xbox coming, so I hope they make something happen.

I'm probably going to move to Assetto Corsa or Gran Turismo if they can't get things together.

Honestly, the only quality FM has going for itself now is its car-list and a few other things. The livery editor, tuning, physics, graphics, sounds and many other things can be found from any other game that calls itself a simulator or racer.

It's sad seeing how much this game has failed to innovate over the past few installations.

Honestly, the only quality FM has going for itself now is its car-list and a few other things. The livery editor, tuning, physics, graphics, sounds and many other things can be found from any other game that calls itself a simulator or racer.
If you take away these aspects from most any game, you'll find that many others aren't really doing that much more as well, at least not anything actually innovative. It's a difficult Genre to be innovative in, in my opinion, at least on the more serious side of the spectrum. Most of these games now are just borrowing all kinds of idea's from each other, and aren't really unique in structure, in my opinion.

I feel that we don't need innovation, because it just makes me think that they'll put too much focus on trying to be flashy and exciting and it will just end up being mediocre at best. Instead, like many Devs are already doing, and much like T10 is already doing too, I'd prefer to just get the better idea's that are already out on the table, and bring them in. That, and expand upon one's they already have implemented.

If you take away these aspects from most any game, you'll find that many others aren't really doing that much more as well, at least not anything actually innovative. It's a difficult Genre to be innovative in, in my opinion, at least on the more serious side of the spectrum. Most of these games now are just borrowing all kinds of idea's from each other, and aren't really unique in structure, in my opinion.

I feel that we don't need innovation, because it just makes me think that they'll put too much focus on trying to be flashy and exciting and it will just end up being mediocre at best. Instead, like many Devs are already doing, and much like T10 is already doing too, I'd prefer to just get the better idea's that are already out on the table, and bring them in. That, and expand upon one's they already have implemented.
I understand, though I will say that I questioned using the word innovate but I left it there. Mainly, I just want them to improve on key features and making it that much more in-depth, that's all.

The news we're looking for on May 7th is a post saying there'll be news on May 7th?
It's a teaser of what will be explained.

Previously we dont know what exactly. There are several posts here actually speculates the new Forza Motorsport is coming, which turns out definitely not the case.

It's a teaser of what will be explained.

Previously we dont know what exactly.
We still don't know what.

There are several posts here actually speculates the new Forza Motorsport is coming, which turns out definitely not the case.
Really? All I see are people speculating what's coming to Forza 7. Who's speculating its coming when, since we already know for sure it's not coming this year?

Latest Posts

Back