FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd

FITT: "British Invasion"

by Bowtie-muscle

15623001146_69dcb31b07_z.jpg

Three Classes to choose from:

Roadsters: 450pp on Sport Hard at Brands Hatch Indy
Street Sports: 525pp on Sport Medium at Autumn Ring Reverse
Pro Touring GT: Spec Built on Racing Hard at Silverstone GP

Each class will be different with a different set of rules.
ALL CLASSES will not allow rim size upgrade, oil change, engine overhaul, rigidity improvement!
Tuners and Testers may choose as many classes as they feel they can finish.

All participants should be familiar with the general FITT rules which can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuners-and-test-drivers.291311/#post-9017285

Scoring:
Each class will have 2 podiums, one for fastest lap time averaged across all testers. And one podium for Driver’s choice, each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver’s Choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum of DC points that can be earned is 10 points. Please choose DC on a scale of 0.0 -10.0.

Drivers Choice Scale:
10.0 Among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 A great tune that could be a little better if …..
4 to 6 A good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 A tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)

All tuning and testing is expected to be done in Arcade Mode, grip set to real, ABS 1 only, all other aides off (Best Line is optional).

Special Note:
All tunes must be posted before midnight, where ever you are in the world, on the day of the deadline. Any tune posted after the deadline will NOT be eligible. Changes to tune, if needed, must be done before the deadline, changes will NOT be allowed after. If a change is needed, PLEASE tag myself and all testers for said class in a post informing of the change (thank you).
Testing will officially begin for each class on a different date for each class, all reviews should be posted before midnight December 6. If testing is started early, be aware that no tune is official until the deadline for tuning.

Deadlines are all posted in each class, midnight is considered EST. As long as it is posted by the time I get to the computer the following morning.

Thank you, and let's have some fun!

Last edited:

FITT: Roadster Class
15025950894_842abbff9a_n.jpg

Vauxhall VX220 '00

15647525092_4bef818726_n.jpg

MG TF160 '03

15647521152_145f4d899e_n.jpg

Lotus Elise Type 72 '01

450pp For the Lotus
460pp for TF160/VX220
Sport Hard Tires
Track: Brands Hatch Indy
See opening post for ALL rules and banned parts!

Additional Restrictions:

No front aero
No rear wing
Standard Rim Size ONLY
850kg Minimum weight (applies to VX220/Elise)
Standard Clutch ONLY for the Lotus ( MG and VX220 can use twin or triple plate)
Standard Brakes ONLY
Ballast allowed
Fixed (non adjustable) 5 speed trans ONLY For the Lotus!
VX220 may use - Stock, 5 speed fixed or Full Custom.
MG TF160 may use - Stock, 5 or 6 Speed fixed, Full Custom.
P
ower limiter no lower than 90%.

Special Note:

Please be advised of a transmission issue that may occur when building tunes, switching tune sheets or changing from 1 tune to another. It is best to remove trans and re-install standard trans first, then build and set the tune and finally install 5 speed non-adjustable to avoid gearing issues.

All tunes need to be posted by midnight November 9.
Testing begins Nov. 10, reviews need to be posted by midnight Nov. 23.

Last edited by a moderator:
Street Sports Car
15025937064_4568317f95.jpg

Lotus Espirit V8 '02
15026526993_7cf7514a85.jpg

TVR Tuscan Speed 6
525pp on Sport Medium Tires
Track: Autumn Ring Reverse
See opening post for rules and banned parts!
Front Aero Allowed

Additional restrictions:
No rear wing
Standard Rim Size ONLY
Power limiter no lower than 80%

Note:
To avoid confusion for testers, please give detailed instructions on how to build transmissions. Some testers use MPH and some KPH. Explain max/min or how many clicks from left or right on top speed!

Tunes need to be posted by midnight November 16.
Testing begins Nov. 17 and reviews need to be posted by midnight Nov 30.

Last edited:
Pro Touring GT
15461134340_165956e64e_z.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
15644013141_d1d6328675_z.jpg

Jaguar XKR-S '11

Very Important, please read carefully as this class is Completely different and unique!

Read opening post for rules and banned parts!
Track: Silverstone GP
Each tune MUST include the following parts:
Racing Hard tires
Front Aero
Rear Wing (tuners choice, tester can use the same for all)
Flat Floor
Standard Rim Size ONLY
Full Custom Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Custom Transmission
Full LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch
Carbon Driveshft
Weight Reduction Stage 3

Window Weight and Carbon Hood are optional.
Power Parts and Power limiter are car specific. Parts cannot be changed or substituted. Cars must maintain 1400kgs, no more no less! Horse Power must be 638, torque will be 525ft-lb for DB9 and 526ft-lb for XKR-S.

Tuners have freedom to set ballast/position, trans-LSD-suspension and rear downforce.
Follow parts instructions for each car below.

Note:

To avoid confusion for testers, please give detailed instructions on how to build transmissions. Some testers use MPH and some KPH. Explain max/min or how many clicks from left or right on top speed!

DB9:
POWER LIMITER - 97.4%
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sport Catalytic Converter
Intake Tuning

XKR-S:
POWER LIMITER - 99.9%
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Racing Exhaust

Tunes need to be posted by midnight November 23.
Testing begins Nov 24, reviews need to be posted by midnight December 7.

Last edited:
FITT British Invasion: Closing thoughts and results.

Roadster Class:

Lap Time -
@praiano63 - 50.917
@Motor City Hami - 51.071 (+.154)
@xande1959 - 51.108 (+.190)

Honorable Mention:
@DolHaus - 51.119 (+.202)
@Bowtie-muscle - 51.171 (+.254)
@Otaliema - 51.228 (+.310)
@sinof1337 - 51.280 (+.363)

DC -
@praiano63 - 9.0
@Motor City Hami - 8.9
@DolHaus - 8.6

Street Sports Cars:

Lap Time -
@praiano63 - 1:21.510
@DolHaus - 1:21.530 (+.020)
@Bowtie-muscle - 1:21.935 (+.424)

DC -
@praiano63 - 8.72
@DolHaus - 8.54
@787bcgr - 8.44

Honorable Mention:
@DaBomm4 - 8.30

Pro Touring GT:

Lap Time -
@DolHaus - 2:01.7769
@Otaliema - 2:01.9596 (+ 0.1827)
@sinof1337 - 2:02.3262 (+ 0.5493)

DC -
@DolHaus - 9.10
@Motor City Hami - 8.91
@Otaliema - 8.66

Honorable Mention:
@xande1959 - 8.51
@Bowtie-muscle - 8.46

Closing Thoughts:
First, this challenge would not be possible with out help in set up, Thank You to @DolHaus and @shaunm80 for ideas and testing cars for use in the challenge; and to @Otaliema for handling the scoring. In all, 14 tuners submitted 31 tunes; tested by 12 testers and there were 9 for the Pro Class including 3 new testers! Thank You to everyone who took part.:)

A very special shout out to @DolHaus who won lap time in the Pro Touring, finished second in Street by only 0.020, and just missed a third place podium finish in the Roadster class by 0.012!! He also managed to finish 1st (Pro), 2nd (Street), and 3rd (Roadster) in DC, you can say he stole the show! 👍

The Roadster Class had some issues but we managed to get them sorted, in the end though, the Elise was just too much even with a handicap. Some really good 450pp tunes for future use. Eight tunes were separated by 0.523!

The Street class went off without a hitch, again the Lotus prevailed but the TVR did bring some good fight.

The Pro Touring GT Class, what happens when you change the rules and set up two cars with the same power and weight and build the torque to within 1lb/ft apart? You learn why PD gives one 6pp more. These cars were super close and brought a new idea for building a challenge, hopefully someone else will try this method again.

I also suggested Blind Testing for a future challenge and we saw the first look at this with @Lionheart2113 's review. Not knowing whose car he was testing until he finished brought a new look that should (in my opinion) be considered in the future. Many of the fast times in each class were set by the tuner testing his own tune. Is there any advantage, hard to say but it certainly does not hurt. ;) My tunes were faster in my hands, and the results show that it really was not up to par for most of the testers :irked:. So many good tuners is making it harder for me to stay near the top of the leaderboards, but that is always a good thing.:dopey:

Last edited:
To anyone who peeked :P

As for everyone else, let me know if I missed anything or if anything needs to be made clearer.

Very Special thanks to @DolHaus and @shaunm80 for all their time, effort and input in putting this challenge together.
:cheers:
No worries. Happy to help. Put me down for all three classes as Tuner.

Question. Any limit on how much Power Limiter we can use for each of the first two classes?

Last edited:
To anyone who peeked :P

As for everyone else, let me know if I missed anything or if anything needs to be made clearer.

Very Special thanks to @DolHaus and @shaunm80 for all their time, effort and input in putting this challenge together.
:cheers:
Think nothing of it, happy to help :cheers:

Put me down provisionally as a tuner/tester in all three classes, I might drop out of the Pro-Touring as I suck at Silverstone but I'll give it a whirl and see if it peaks my curiosity (I assume its at Silverstone, not listed in the OP) 👍

Think nothing of it, happy to help :cheers:

Put me down provisionally as a tuner/tester in all three classes, I might drop out of the Pro-Touring as I suck at Silverstone but I'll give it a whirl and see if it peaks my curiosity (I assume its at Silverstone, not listed in the OP) 👍
DolHaus. You surprise me.. Not very good at Silverstone? Its the National British circuit.. :) Do it for the home nation!

Why is there aero restrictions on the sports and roadsters class? Is there an "unfair" reason? Because I don't see how anything can be unfair if its available to everyone?
Each of the class's has one of my favorite cars in it, but I personally prefer rear and front aero on them. For driving feel yes, but also vanity. They look better too, lol.

Anyhoo, was just wondering. If maybe I could pursued you guys to think about allowing it, now before everyone started would be a great time :)

Thanks guys^^

Why is there aero restrictions on the sports and roadsters class? Is there an "unfair" reason? Because I don't see how anything can be unfair if its available to everyone?
Each of the class's has one of my favorite cars in it, but I personally prefer rear and front aero on them. For driving feel yes, but also vanity. They look better too, lol.

Anyhoo, was just wondering. If maybe I could pursued you guys to think about allowing it, now before everyone started would be a great time :)

Thanks guys^^
The specs are intended to keep costs and complications down to a minimum for the testers 👍

Thanks guys^^
I was not really concerned with anything other than making it simple on the testers. The last challenge was not hard on them either, but a few before that were. The tracks were most likely the hardest part of the last, car selection should be the hardest part of this one and that is what I was aiming for. Cars closely matched to make it difficult on the tuner to decide which car to use, not what parts to put on. If aero was to be considered it would have been on the Sports Class only, but I thought front only was the best way. Testers will only have to purchase one of each car per class, for the Sports, if they test without aero and then all with aero of each car, they still only purchase one of each. The issue here is more of a rules change, if a concession is made to allow rear wings, then I would have to consider changing weight on the Pro Touring Cars as @MrGrado has asked above (although I believe not seriously), but you get the point. Unless everyone signed up for a class would want the change, the rules stand. Hope this explained it without sounding rude.:)

Added you to the Sports Class.:cheers:

Pro Touring GT
15461134340_165956e64e_z.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
15644013141_d1d6328675_z.jpg

Jaguar XKR-S '11

Very Important, please read carefully as this class is Completely different and unique!

Read opening post for rules and banned parts!
Track: Silverstone GP
Each tune MUST include the following parts:
Racing Hard tires
Front Aero
Rear Wing (tuners choice, tester can use the same for all)
Flat Floor
Standard Rim Size ONLY
Full Custom Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Custom Transmission
Full LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 3

Window Weight and Carbon Hood are optional.
Power Parts and Power limiter are car specific. Parts cannot be changed or substituted. Cars must maintain 1400kgs, no more no less! Horse Power must be 638, torque will be 525ft-lb for DB9 and 526ft-lb for XKR-S.

Tuners have freedom to set ballast/position, trans-LSD-suspension and rear downforce.
Follow parts instructions for each car below.

Note:

DB9:
POWER LIMITER - 97.4%
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

XKR-S:
POWER LIMITER - 99.9%
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Racing Exhaust

Tunes need to be posted by midnight November 23.
Testing begins Nov 24, reviews need to be posted by midnight December 7.

yes this is a fantastic car for nurburgring nordschleifer (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 ) 550 PP

Well I'll be tuning the Esprit, and front aero is the important one on her anyway :)

But as far as the Elise goes, and why I decided not to do that class, IMHO, This Elise without any aero at all is pretty much good for getting back and forth to work and thats just about it, lol.

But don't worry, at least I found a decent car to play with in the Esprit ;)

"Additional restrictions:
No rear wing
Front Aero allowed
Standard Rim Size ONLY
Power limiter no lower than 80%"

Says allowed in the above post?
Hope thats not a typo, lol.:scared:

"Additional restrictions:
No rear wing
Front Aero allowed
Standard Rim Size ONLY
Power limiter no lower than 80%"

Says allowed in the above post?
Hope thats not a typo, lol.:scared:
If you mean front aero for Sports, yes it IS allowed. I will fix if that is what you are talking, it is not restricted.

Back