FITT challenge. Viper Strike Closed Congratulations to Lap; Lionheart2113 & Drivers choice Xande1959

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 425 comments
It amazes me how quickly you guys can tune a car. I think I spent a good 6-7 hours on my Viper tune.:bowdown:
1 hour tune for me, plus another 30-40 minutes doing 1 click up, 1 click down to see if I found something better then left it where I started. Now, if @MrGrado can get my tune to go that fast, I'll really be impressed:dopey:. Then I will sign up for driving lessons and get behind Lionheart in line:crazy:

PicsArt_1405132313013.jpg

Viper GTS '13 634pp/750hp/747.6ft-lb
GT-Auto:
Aero Type C
Custom Wing
Flat Floor
Other Part A
Body color Misano Red Pearl Effect
Wheel Color AMG Monza Grau Magno
Rays TE37
Inch Up Wheels
Chassis Reinforcement
Parts:
F/C Suspension
Racing Brakes
F/C Transmission
F/C LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon drive Shaft
Engine Stage 3
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight reduction Stage 3
Tune:
Height: 88/88
Spring Rates: 11.50/12.35
Dampers Compression: 3/4
Dampers Extension: 7/8
Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 1.8/1.8
Toe: -0.16/ 0.00
Brake balance: 6/7
LSD: 15/26/12
Power Limiter: 86.0%
Downforce: 16
Ballast: 40kg at position 15%
Transmission: after installing everything else, set final to 4.600, then Max Speed to 149(lowest value). Then set the gears to:
1: 2.780
2: 2.017
3: 1.550
4: 1.245
5: 1.050
6: 0.917
Final: 3.300
Tuned with only ABS 1, controller sensitivity at 7.

I've tried your Viper replica, and I can honestly say that this is the my favorite replica tune of yours so far. And yes, a 42 sec first sector is easily done with it!

The replica was made a while ago, I only altered the power part/limiter to fit no oil change ( same 680HP ) and added 10kg to fit 1300kg. I usually spent 200-300km of driving to finish a replica, for the Viper, I did most of testing at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP and Bathurst. For this event, I spent about 10 minutes adapting the power and weight ( fiddling in tuning page ), then added camber, drive for around 5 laps and happy with it :D This is on 1.08, so I'm kind of blindly adding camber, untested on 1.09, so testers here would give me the feedback :lol:

So, I have been really busy, just started catching up on threads and I notice tunes are due tonight. I'm going to try to tune it out in these couple hours, start to finish. I will also try to test the cars.
Around 4PM GMT?
I think more like 5PM GMT but good luck also man. 👍

Trial Mountain Circuit_3.jpg

Tuned with ABS 1, no other aids, and G27

SRT Viper GTS '13
601 pp
750 hp @ 6,400 rpm
681.2 ft-lb @ 5,400 rpm
1300 kg
Power to Weight 1.73
Weight Distribution 50/50

GT Auto
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Custom Wing: (B,B,B)
Height -2 Width +20
Wheels: Stock: Enkei JS+M (dark)
Paint Body: Moulin Rouge
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Sports Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 90/85
Spring Rate 9.50/10.25
Dampeners Comp 3/3
Dampeners Ext 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/2
Camber Angle 0.8/1.0
Toe Angle -0.10/0.30
Brake Balance 4/6

Transmission
Initial Final 2.000
Max Speed 280
First Gear 4.500
Second Gear 3.020
Third Gear 2.240
Fourth Gear 1.760
Fifth Gear 1.400
Sixth Gear 1.150
Final Fear 2.000

LSD 10/10/20

Power Limiter 97.3%
Aero 15
Ballast Weight 40
Ballast Position 0
Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is then. Found a bit more speed in the gearing this morning.👍 It might even be drivable in auto! ;) Its still lurching around tho as I never quite got the balance right between suppleness and stability. My advice to testers is to use brake lift off rotation to get it in the corner, feather it through and nail the throttle as early as you dare!:lol:
Best of luck everyone! :cheers:
View attachment 184701
SRT Viper GTS `13
Your name drew the ace so your tune is first out of the gate for the official times and reviews. Couple of questions...
I couldn't get your first gear ratio, the lowest it would go for me was 2.546. And the other thing (minor) on the weight ballest and position the numbers are backwards. Easily fixed. But can you let me know about the gearing?:cheers:

Just a heads up you have about 2 1/2 hours from now to post your tune or make corrections. I need to drop my wife off at a training downtown than come back check my tune than close. I will not be rebuilding my transmission as planed just checking for typos.

@DolHaus i will give you to the end of the day MST to post yours so 7am gmt.

Just a heads up you have about 2 1/2 hours from now to post your tune or make corrections. I need to drop my wife off at a training downtown than come back check my tune than close. I will not be rebuilding my transmission as planed just checking for typos.

@DolHaus i will give you to the end of the day MST to post yours so 7am gmt.
Thank you, I think I will have the car done soon anyway as I managed to get the afternoon off.
Not entirely happy with how its coming together, feels like too much car for the track. I shall use the TVR method of road testing in that I'm going to throw a car together and then work out how well it handles by counting the amount of testers I find on fire and up trees afterwards :lol:

@DolHaus lol good method hehe.

Alrite but to heck with it my wife cancled her training so I won't have time to do anything on this today. Deadline extended till 8am MST Tuesday op updated on timeline. Tuners if you want to run back and make some changes you have tonight todo so.
That's is what I get for not checking my wife's day off before setting the time table. Pfft lol

Viper Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

FITT Viper GTS ‘13
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 750 BHP @ 5100 Rpm / 115.3 kgfm @ 4700 Rpm
Weight: 1300 kg
Performance Points: 637 PP
Wheels: Standard Size
Fitted parts: Type C Aero, Flat floor, Improved Rigidity
Tires: SS
Weight Distribution: 52:48

Suspension : (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 110 Rear: 95
Spring Rate: Front: 10.24 kg Rear: 12.50 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 2 Rear: 3
Dampers (Extension): Front: 4 Rear: 7
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 7 Rear: 7
Camber Angle (-): Front: 1.4° Rear: 0.4°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.30° Rear: -0.06°

Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 7 R: 8

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

1) Set final to 4.750
2) Set Max Speed to 149
3) Set in sequence (6-5-4-3-2-1)

1: 3.140
2: 2.300
3: 1.734
4: 1.370
5: 1.114
6: 0.935
Final: 3.650​

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff​

Initial Torque: R= 9
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 12
Braking Sensitivity: R= 12
Torque Distributing Centre Differential: -
Clutch & Flywheel:
Twin-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 72.5%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Sports
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: Supercharger
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
Yes
Downforce: F: 0 R: 0
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 55 kg
Ballast position: -50

Your name drew the ace so your tune is first out of the gate for the official times and reviews. Couple of questions...
I couldn't get your first gear ratio, the lowest it would go for me was 2.546. And the other thing (minor) on the weight ballest and position the numbers are backwards. Easily fixed. But can you let me know about the gearing?:cheers:
Sorry about the cock up!:dunce: Tune is now updated 2.615 first gear. Wouldn`t have mattered tho. If you ever need first gear you`ve already crashed! ;)

@DolHaus lol good method hehe.

Alrite but to heck with it my wife cancled her training so I won't have time to do anything on this today. Deadline extended till 8am MST Tuesday op updated on timeline. Tuners if you want to run back and make some changes you have tonight todo so.
That's is what I get for not checking my wife's day off before setting the time table. Pfft lol
So I didn't have to rush a 2 hour tune after a hiatus from driving? :mad: Well, I'll take a double check tonight then just to check suspension. Good looking event, definitely a good compliment of track and car. 👍

SRT Viper GTS '13
601 pp
750 hp @ 6,400 rpm
681.2 ft-lb @ 5,400 rpm
1300 kg
Power to Weight 1.73
Weight Distribution 50/50

GT Auto
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Custom Wing: (B,B,B)
Height -2 Width +20
Wheels: Stock: Enkei JS+M (dark)
Paint Body: Moulin Rouge
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Sports Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 90/85
Spring Rate 9.75/10.00
Dampeners Comp 3/3
Dampeners Ext 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars 2/2
Camber Angle 1.0/1.0
Toe Angle 0.15/0.30
Brake Balance 4/6

Transmission
Initial Final 2.000
Max Speed 280
First Gear 4.500
Second Gear 3.020
Third Gear 2.240
Fourth Gear 1.760
Fifth Gear 1.400
Sixth Gear 1.150
Final Fear 2.000

LSD 10/10/20

Power Limiter 97.3%
Aero 15
Ballast Weight 40
Ballast Position 0
Weight reduction should be stage 3 to make 1300kg;)
I don`t have Moulin Rouge paint chip. Does it give black or white stripes? Need to get these things right you know! I think black stripes are worth half a second!:lol:
@DolHaus What colour is your car? Looks green but I can`t tell from your pic? Stripes?:cheers:

I don`t have Moulin Rouge paint chip. Does it give black or white stripes? Need to get these things right you know! I think black stripes are worth half a second!:lol:
@DolHaus What colour is your car? Looks green but I can`t tell from your pic? Stripes?:cheers:
Wrong wrong wrong, Blue/White Stripes is always faster:sly:

One of the GT military greens with white stripes and mirrors, I think that colour is going to be mine from now on

Wrong wrong wrong, Blue/White Stripes is always faster:sly:
Ladies, the bingo hall is that way>...we all know pink is the way to go closely followed by orange and green, in that order!:P

@iainoflo85 your clear to start, there may be minor changes to one or two tunes but I doubt it. I'm going to confirm my IFG setting is correct but other wise my tune is finished I won't be changing any of the suspension or anything.

I ended up giving 24 hour extension due to me not having stable access to the site today. As eveadent by my what 6 hour? vacancy in the thread.

I'm going to confirm my IFG setting is correct but other wise my tune is finished I won't be changing any of the suspension or anything.

Your initial is fine, it's just one of your other gears that didn't match up, let me just check.

EDIT: No it's all okay now - after I put Bowtie's tune on the 2nd tab went back to yours without adjusting the power all gears match fine now.

Perhaps I tuned the gears after I reduced the power limiter.

Last edited:
Your initial is fine, it's just one of your other gears that didn't match up, let me just check.

EDIT: No it's all okay now - after I put Bowtie's tune on the 2nd tab went back to yours without adjusting the power all gears match fine now.

Perhaps I tuned the gears after I reduced the power limiter.
Ok cool. Well have at it if anyone makes a last mintue change just here.

Back