Flyin' Miata Enduro Cup | 3pm EST Sundays | 45 Minute Races + Tuning Allowed

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 23 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
49336560543_697d66e8c8_o.png

Welcome everyone! With a couple sprint race seasons under our belt in GT Sport it was time to change things up. Hopefully the intense racing on track will continue with the new format and changes to the car. Our event time will remain the same, which should see the races ending within 30 minutes of the FIA Manufactures series start time.

Here are the upcoming major changes:
  • Total of 8 rounds for points, all on real circuits. 2 drop rounds will be allowed.
  • 10 minute qualifying session sets the grid for a 15 minute qualifying race
  • Finishing positions from the qualifying race set the grid for a 45 minute feature race (minimum race time)
  • Vehicle weight will remain 2,086lbs (946kg) but power increases to 231hp (Std weight is unrealistic)
  • Tuning will be allowed
  • Same livery guidelines but changing to center lock wheels to match pit stop animations
Unofficial Schedule:
  1. Interlagos
  2. Laguna Seca
  3. Bathurst
  4. Autopolis
  5. Suzuka
  6. Spa Francorchamps
  7. Nurburgring GP
  8. Brands Hatch GP
I will have more information as time progresses. Right now there is no target start date set as we will require a minimum number of registered drivers for the season to start. Once we reach that number (likely 14) we will move forward. I will update this thread in the coming weeks.

If you would like to register for this series, click the big registration button below. Before doing so, please check the current entry list by clicking on 'Driver Lists' to make sure you do not choose a duplicate number. If you need to make a correction to your entry, just tag me in a post with the changes and I will edit the sheet.

We will continue to use the co-driver system. If you would like to participate but know that you are unable to run every round, having a friend take your place will result in no lost points. Make sure to include their details in the registration if this interests you.

Considering making a couple of the races 60 minutes. For those we would start a few minutes earlier to have the race finish before the FIA stuff. Probably Spa and Laguna.

Waiting for that season to start, I've decided to add few things to my usual livery. Here's a teaser, since I'm probably be working on it more before we start

FMSC 2020 teaser.jpg

See you on track!

Hey, guys. I've been playing Gran Turismo for close to two decades, but new to this type of spec racing league, and a total noob with livery. I'm interested in joining your next season, but I'd definitely need some help meeting the livery requirement. Is there a tutorial, or guide? Also, is there any regular practice schedule? It might be a good place for me to start. Or maybe as a co-driver? And maybe I missed it, but can someone confirm the correct model Mazda MX5? It looks like the Mazda Roadster Touring Car in the images, but I want to make sure it's not a different model that's been modified. TIA

By the way, I currently own a 2003 Mazda Miata 6-speed, but have it up for sale. Fun car in real life. My kids are starting to drive and I need something a little more practical for them. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.

Hey, guys. I've been playing Gran Turismo for close to two decades, but new to this type of spec racing league, and a total noob with livery. I'm interested in joining your next season, but I'd definitely need some help meeting the livery requirement. Is there a tutorial, or guide? Also, is there any regular practice schedule? It might be a good place for me to start. Or maybe as a co-driver? And maybe I missed it, but can someone confirm the correct model Mazda MX5? It looks like the Mazda Roadster Touring Car in the images, but I want to make sure it's not a different model that's been modified. TIA

By the way, I currently own a 2003 Mazda Miata 6-speed, but have it up for sale. Fun car in real life. My kids are starting to drive and I need something a little more practical for them. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.
Not sure if there are any tutorials around, maybe someone else knows. If it comes down to it, I can make one for you. I already have a few made up and ready, or I can customize it to your liking. Let me know. As far as practice schedule, nothing at the moment. We've been having some issues with participation numbers so for this next season we'll wait until we get a good amount of registered drivers before we move forward. I could do a small practice thing on Tuesday night if anyone is interested.

And correct, the car is the Roadster TC.

Once this start I’ll be practicing few times during the week days: mostly monday and tuesday (sometimes saturday). So you can add me on PSN if you’d like : AlexMart55

I've been in GTPlanet hibernation for years and I'm excited to find this league now. I'm looking forward to joining and wish the best for it.

Really happy for that we got that Miata TC in GT Sport too! If anyone is free Wednesdays or Thursdays for practice let me know!

Last edited:
@R1600Turbo I just filled my entry.
The car is the mazda touring right?
What tires and fuel cons are we going to use?
** I think I will better sit out of this series**
Roadster Touring Car. Fuel and tire consumption not determined yet but probably in the area where it will require a stop during the race.

Hi!

I just registered for the league. I have raced in plenty of leagues on Gran Turismo 6 and Project Cars 2, and I honestly can't wait to get back to Gran Turismo league racing!

Anyone want to start practicing? Tuesday nights, Thursday nights, Sundays are usually good for me. PSN: digitalrelay

Thanks for the interest guys. Probably going to put Miata's on the back-burner for a while as I have something else I would like to get going. Just finishing up the final details, will probably be posted sometime in the next couple weeks. This Miata enduro series may end up being a summer league, starting after the one I am working on now.

Back