Flyin' Miata Super Cup S2 | Season Complete - Thanks to all participants!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 176 comments
I find it a bit crazy that the only reason someone would click on the thread is for the addition of three letters. Wouldn't be ran any differently, racing would be just as good. I don't get it.
It's all about association. If you see something associated with a larger organization you may be more inclined to check it out, believing it to be cleaner, more organized, etc. You see a random one-off guy with his plucky series idea and it comes off as non-reputable. That's how the layman thinks.

"Let's say, if every GTPlanet Forums member interested in Sim-Racing had a look at the thread we would already have 2 lobbies"
This is why. We have to make people see the thread. So maybe with the IRS tag more people open the thread. Like: are you interested in an event organised by Formula 1 or an event organised by an unknown person? This is what I'm talking about. But it's just my opinion.
I'm not exactly unknown around here, that's for sure. And if three letters is what it takes to get more people interested then I find that a bit silly to be honest. Again, nothing else would change so I find it unnecessary.

I'm not exactly unknown around here, that's for sure.
And yet numbers are still lower than you'd like. Couldn't hurt to be a little humble about it :)

If nothing else, the time slot doesn't help but to me that's not a major priority.

And yet numbers are still lower than you'd like. Couldn't hurt to be a little humble about it :)

If nothing else, the time slot doesn't help but to me that's not a major priority.
Time slot isn't really changeable for me so if it doesn't work for anyone then it is what it is I guess.

I'm not exactly unknown around here, that's for sure. And if three letters is what it takes to get more people interested then I find that a bit silly to be honest. Again, nothing else would change so I find it unnecessary.
I just don’t get get it, you said to us to spread the word about the series and all and then someone offers help that can maybe get the series started and you find it silly

What if that actually help us to get the 12 minimum to get us racing ; i think that’s all people want

Considering the fact that the only argument you give about not taking this idea working is that’s because it’s « silly ». It’s pretty pessimistic

If it’s for the best of the series then why not?

It's all about association. If you see something associated with a larger organization you may be more inclined to check it out, believing it to be cleaner, more organized, etc. You see a random one-off guy with his plucky series idea and it comes off as non-reputable. That's how the layman thinks.

I just don’t get get it, you said to us to spread the word about the series and all and then someone offers help that can maybe get the series started and you find it silly

What if that actually help us to get the 12 minimum to get us racing ; i think that’s all people want

Considering the fact that the only argument you give about not taking this idea working is that’s because it’s « silly ». It’s pretty pessimistic

Exactly. I agree with both of you.

I just don't get why that's a big deal. To each their own I guess.

If you’re still planning to do this, I’ve registered. I should be able to make all races except the finale. The Sunday time slot works a lot better for me than the Monday night slot I last saw this series in.

I'll jump on to be a late addition since I'll be free! Gotta be no practice squad for it since I'm gonna be watching FIA Nations Cup Finals.

I'll jump on to be a late addition since I'll be free! Gotta be no practice squad for it since I'm gonna be watching FIA Nations Cup Finals.
Won't actually be starting tomorrow, so I have to update everything. Was going to message and ask if you were going to join again this season and totally spaced it. :lol:

I’m setting uo my practice lobby, what are penalty setting? Is it like last season which there were no virtual issued penalties?

Quick update, we have 16 registered as of right now. Assuming everyone arrives for the first event, we'll be off to a good start. 👍 Only one of you have chosen to take the co-driver option, which I highly recommend if you are unsure if you'll make all of the rounds.

I will post the race preview tomorrow night, and we'll see everyone on Sunday. :cheers:

Announcement:

It's race week! This is your weekly reminder as well as your source for additional information if needed before each round. I will also tag all registered drivers as a reminder. If I tag you and you cannot make the races for some reason, please let me know. No-shows with no communication will be removed from the registration. With that said, let's get it on!

49139231218_719482b242_o.png

Driver tags:
@Alex Mart @RappyThePro @Litchi @JakeKing39 @GTPvw_slc @DesertPenguin @The Gran Finale @Wardez @Drummer79 @tincanofdeath @Antares26 @GODvandK

Drivers with no GTP account: @pepsione77 @ZRT_ReaperQC @Arron_Ice_Man

I will make sure that ZRT_ReaperQC and Arron_Ice_Man joins the race ; we are team mates. I'm responsible for pepsione77 joining so i'll contact him as well.

Will let you know

Back