Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Season 1 | Congrats to Champion GT_Alex74!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 745 comments

Preferred start time?

• 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • 1pm PDT / 4pm EDT / 8pm GMT

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 9pm GMT

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 10pm GMT

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw a couple really nice ND Miatas racing in the World Challenge Support race this weekend. Yummage.

20191019_200144.jpg

And put the roof up!
Hard top. ;)

Points are updated. There will of course be a shakeup when drop rounds go into effect for those that haven't missed any rounds, but it is quite close up top. Bathurst next week!

-------------------------------------

As far as my races, pretty forgettable. Didn't have any pace, couldn't get the handle on the car in the cloudy conditions, was way too loose for me. Second race felt better off the start with a bit more understeer but had a small radar incident with @JakeKing39 where I got the worst end of it. Then I made a mistake shortly after and really put the nail in the coffin. Third race went better, picked up 5 spots for a good finish but no matter how hard I pushed the car I was still losing 2-3 tenths a lap to the leaders. *shrugs*

You know, I already started this series, so I won't quit it, but I started to hate the Miata after the Brands Hatch race. Does anyone have any tips to be faster with it? Because I have a total different pace with others race cars. I finished last in almost every race, so what should I do to at least enjoy more racing with this car? Anyway, @Wardez @Nicktune @GT_Alex74 you are aliens. I decided to quit Race 3, and to spectate you, and wow, it was impressive how you all didn't do any mistake.

@RappyThePro at your level, for now focus on being smooth and consistent with your inputs. Don't power out too soon with this car as it's quite understeery. When you can lap consistently, then you can start to learn how to throw it in the corners. There's also a sweet spot where you can use the throttle to help it rotate a bit. Only practice will help you figure it out though.

Man I wish this series was at a different time slot as I‘m already occupied elsewhere at that exact time slot :(

@RappyThePro at your level, for now focus on being smooth and consistent with your inputs. Don't power out too soon with this car as it's quite understeery. When you can lap consistently, then you can start to learn how to throw it in the corners. There's also a sweet spot where you can use the throttle to help it rotate a bit. Only practice will help you figure it out though.
Thanks. Actually lapping constantly isn't my problem, last races I made 52' every lap. The fact is that when I try to push more, the car understeers and oversteers too much, even when I don't go on the throttle too soon, and I get the opposite effect, instead of going faster I go slower.

Announcement:

Who's up for some Kangaroo dodging? Bathurst this weekend! Long track equals low lap counts, but the long straights will be interesting with the draft in play. Should be a great time! :D As always, copy/paste and add your name to the list. 👍

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EP_Bathurst.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. R1600Turbo

Driver tags:

@Wardez @DesertPenguin @LancerEvo7 @bnop9001 @GT_Alex74 @Lost Sheltie @GaudyHornet @GrayFox32 @RappyThePro @Pigems @damonc84 @Phlano099 @bloodyboyblue @Nicktune @fernandoyb @JakeKing39 @GTPvw_slc @Alex Mart

1. R1600Turbo
2. TPC_Pigems
3. AlexMart55
4. RappyThePro
5. GT-Alex74_VS
6. Nic-KL

Edit: @RappyThePro Be patient and enjoy what you do. A lot of us have been racing here for nearly 10years. It's not happening overnight. 👍 You can improve your craft with licences tests and circuit experience. Look at the replays of the top ten in daily race.

Last edited:
1. R1600Turbo
2. TPC_Pigems
3. AlexMart55
4. RappyThePro
5. GT-Alex74_VS
6. Nic-KL
7. GrayFox32

Unfortunately I think you have two things going against you.

1) You're a single person and not an organization, so people automatically think of this as more casual.
2) Being on Sunday afternoon for the US and being seen as casual gives people less incentive to show up instead of doing any other activity with their day.

I really wish we could bring you under the IRS banner and you would still have your Sunday to play around with, but I think it will help bring in a few more consistently attending drivers.

Unfortunately I think you have two things going against you.

1) You're a single person and not an organization, so people automatically think of this as more casual.
2) Being on Sunday afternoon for the US and being seen as casual gives people less incentive to show up instead of doing any other activity with their day.

I really wish we could bring you under the IRS banner and you would still have your Sunday to play around with, but I think it will help bring in a few more consistently attending drivers.
I honestly don't get why it matters if one person or multiple are running it. Pretty much turns out the same way as far as how everything is presented. Sunday afternoons work best for me because it doesn't involve work and it's my sit around the house and do nothing day. Saturdays, especially now that the temperatures here are cooling off, are my days to go out and do things.

Acronyms often mean it’s an event run by self-important pricks, and that seems to be the case with about 70% of the series on GTP.

Every Sunday series I’ve been apart of has gone like this, other than ones run in public lobbies

The truth is that most people are incredibly boring and anything other than Gr.3 or Gr.4 scares them.

Last edited:
Back