Ford Fusion / Mondeo Sport - 325hp, 380 lb/ft, AWD, $34,350 USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 123 comments
My main problem with their concept is that without manual controls; that means if the auto drive system fails, the passengers could be in trouble as there's no way to take control in case of a disaster. Honestly, I rather see auto drive as an option.
I angree. The planet is just not ready. If anything, cars should be going full electric before autonomous. 2021 is too soon.
30 years ago, I thought flying cars would be the norm in the year 2000.

Sure, mass producing ONE model may happen as Ford planned. There are just too many cars that are not "self aware" to make driving autonomous safe.

I'm hoping one of the driving games gets the Fusion Sport in their line-up. Should be a nice drive.

I imagine that Turn 10 may model another one in the future as they added the 2010 Fusion Sport back in FM3 & 4.

• Ford will stop building the Fusion/Mondeo
  • Ford won't export the next-generation Fusion/Mondeo from China to North America/Europe
  • Fusion/Mondeo are an important part of the Ford car lineup
Talking about conflicting information. I'm confused.

If there won't be a next-generation Mondeo anymore, it's probably better to keep my 2002 Mondeo. It will be worth a lot of money in the future. :eek:

:sly:

• Ford won't export the next-generation Fusion/Mondeo from China to North America/Europe
It'll be important to their lineup in China, where the mid-range passenger car market isn't oversaturated to the point of bursting (yet). Meanwhile, here in Cheeseburger Freedomland they're probably going to focus on dominating the sector of leasing rolling living rooms to people who want to flaunt their paychecks but think SUV's aren't "rugged" enough.

If there won't be a next-generation Mondeo anymore, it's probably better to keep my 2002 Mondeo. It will be worth a lot of money in the future. :eek:

:sly:
I bet the Mercury Mystique has that beat. :P

I bet the Mercury Mystique has that beat. :P
Nope! :sly:

Look what a beauty.

DSCN3208 b.jpg

DSCN1849.JPG

DSCN4230.JPG

I've seen one of those and i was a bit confused with the front. I was wondering why this Focus looked different. Was this Mondeo Europe only?

I've seen one of those and i was a bit confused with the front. I was wondering why this Focus looked different. Was this Mondeo Europe only?

Yeah, Mondeo was Europe and Mexico only at that point, ironic given Mondeo being based on mundus lol.

Not really surprising to me that the Fusion/Mondeo is coming to its end. The market seems to have moved on from that now to crossovers and what not. I've hardly seen any of the new Mondeos on the road compared to the amount of older generations I'd see.

Crossover killed the Mid-Size saloon star :P

But I can see why the market is shifting toward high-riding vehicles instead. They offer an elevated driving position with better driving visibility and their taller stance with padding around the lower body makes them look safer than a traditional saloon, which is a pretty big factor in a family car. Plus if you have a 2WD variant of a crossover, there is virtually no increase in running costs.

Not really surprising to me that the Fusion/Mondeo is coming to its end. The market seems to have moved on from that now to crossovers and what not. I've hardly seen any of the new Mondeos on the road compared to the amount of older generations I'd see.
When Mitsubishi outsells Ford down here, the crossover is definitely the hot model in any lineup(except Nissan, I don't know what they're doing. They've got nothing but SUV/CUVs).

Top 10 selling models 2017
Model Sales Variance %
Toyota HiLux 47,093 +11.8
Ford Ranger 42,728 +15.7
Toyota Corolla 37,353 -7.4
Mazda3 32,690 -9.5
Hyundai i30 28,780 -23.8
Mazda CX-5 25,831 +5.2
Hyundai Tucson 23,828 +18.4
Holden Commodore 23,676 -8.4
Toyota Camry 23,620 -10.8
Mitsubishi Triton 23,605 +7.8

Top 10 selling brands 2017
Brand Sales Variance %
Toyota 216,566 +3.3
Mazda 116,349 -1.6
Hyundai 97,013 -4.5
Holden 90,306 -4.2
Mitsubishi 80,654 +9.9
Ford 78,161 -3.8
Volkswagen 58,004 +2.5
Nissan 56,594 -15.3
Kia 54,737 +28.3
Subaru 52,511 +11.7

If crossovers edge out sedans, hatchbacks, and wagons; then there's absolutely no vehicles in the future that will interest me other than pickup trucks. I just can't stand crossovers.

If crossovers edge out sedans, hatchbacks, and wagons; then there's absolutely no vehicles in the future that will interest me other than pickup trucks. I just can't stand crossovers.

I think it is only the non-premium mid-size segment which is taking a massive hit from the rising popularity of crossovers. Other popular segments, such as compact hatchbacks and executive saloons, are still thriving.

SUVs are just as popular it seems, and hatches/wagons still seem to be generating a big segment of the market too. Only cars that seem to lose out are mid size and full size sedans.

Curious that it has a muffler. I figured with as much effort as Ford has taken to get rid of sedans, they surely wouldn't bring them back as an ICE car.

I'm guessing it's a new sedan for the Chinese and European markets only, would be neat if Ford actually brought it back.

Are they going for the Citroen C5 "we didn't know what genre to put the car in so we put it in all of them" vibe?

With the Evos, yes.

As for the camouflaged prototype pictured above, it looks a lot more like a traditional sedan so hopefully the end product doesn't have such an identity crisis.

Back