Ford Launches 'Fordzilla' Esports Team

i think it is a good thing and yes unless it is nascar most north americans couldnt be bothered. so i get the eu recruiting .

and since it seems they had a thing with forza already , i am not surprised that would be the game they at least start with

Any reference to Godzilla and motorsports conjure up thoughts of Nissan. To hear the term ”Fordzilla” used in an official capacity is... odd. I would expect the word “Fordzilla” to be plastered on the side of a privateer drag racing team running an RB26 swapped Mustang, not on the logo of a factory backed e-sports team.

So what will Nissan call their e-sports team, the Nismo Clint Eastwoods?

Any reference to Godzilla and motorsports conjure up thoughts of Nissan. To hear the term ”Fordzilla” used in an official capacity is... odd. I would expect the word “Fordzilla” to be plastered on the side of a privateer drag racing team running an RB26 swapped Mustang, not on the logo of a factory backed e-sports team.

Agreed. "Fordzilla" sounds like material you'd find on /r/fellowkids.

> American automaker

> Only is recruiting EU players

Que?

Me too. It had me scratching my head.

Well, they don't make car's in the US anymore. Only trucks. Lol

At least their European wing still makes cars.

If they are just looking to be represented in various top level games, GT Sport still has representation by both the Mustang & Ford GT (mid-'00s model). Plus, we don't know if Grid will be up to snuff as a capable Esports title. Then there's iRacing, Asseto Corsa, Race Room, etc.

The Nismo Rednecks. :lol:

Back