Ford Mustang Mach-E

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 286 comments
So, is it going to be a Mustang Mach 1 or not? I'm now a bit confused, because between the pony emblem and 3-bar taillights for the Mach-1 teaser; it's coming off to me as a new Mustang.

I actually kind of hope it's a Focus-Active (the one they cancelled for the US market), or even better, an Ecosport, except with an electric powertrain and Mustang badges. The outrage is already palpable.

Car and Driver posted another article about the Mach-E crossover.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28158001/ford-mach-e-future-electric-suv/

and there's a new render, with a pony on the front.
cdb05011925cwwf-019-1-1561327805.jpg

If the real thing looks like that with a lower waistline, I'd be very satisfied.

Ugh, looks like a bad Tesla rip off. Could have been very unique, to use Mustang styling cues. Yet, they chose to play safe. Very disappointing.

For being "Mustang-inspired", the front looks like it came from an Audi e-tron

Okay, I'm intrigued. In camouflage, that front could pass for a Hyundai though.
upload_2019-11-8_19-6-57.jpeg

Speaking of which, I saw that new Hyundai Venue(not a fan of the triangle reverse lights). These CUVs are here to stay for a good while.

It doesn't matter what manufacturers do to their SUVs to be 'inspired' something else in their range, you just can't get away from that generic SUV shape without getting rid of the practicality people buy them for in the first place. Take away the identifying badges and grills and they could be by anyone. An Urus could pass as a Cayenne, a Bentayga for a Touareg (all the same platform so that's a given) Remove those identifying features from a Levante or a Stelvio and you could easily imagine them with Kia badges.

I don't mind what I see so far, but for Ford to say this is "Mustang inspired" in its marketing strategy is nothing short of attention seeking. Like @TheCracker said, it is really difficult to deviate from the traditional crossover shape without severely compromising practicality, which is their main selling point.

Nissan and Land Rover attempted open-top crossovers and we all know how well those went....

Something tells me that if they really wanted to emphasise the Mustang connections, Ford would've been better off going the Polestar 2 route. As is, the general shape looks fairly nice, but there's something off about the lights/grille shown in the photos and CAD renders.

I'm more annoyed that the nameplate is being revived at all than what it's being revived for. Not that the vehicle that originally bore the nameplate is so far wide legendary that the name deserves to be retired for all eternity--it's just another Mustang--but that it's being done to tug at heart strings in an effort to bolster interest and potential sales. Frankly I'm tickled that so many are being thrown into a tizzy over this "atrocity" because it may very well undermine the effort.

And called the maché, which means "mashed" as in papier maché.

Still not Pajero levels of stupidity but close.

I don't mind what I see so far, but for Ford to say this is "Mustang inspired" in its marketing strategy is nothing short of attention seeking. Like @TheCracker said, it is really difficult to deviate from the traditional crossover shape without severely compromising practicality, which is their main selling point.

Nissan and Land Rover attempted open-top crossovers and we all know how well those went....
And VW, who currently has one.

And VW, who currently has one.

I don't mind the T-Roc convertible, but I am baffled why VW thought it was worthwhile to launch such a niche product with minimal appeal to most enthusiasts. The most use I can see it having is serving as an oddball in the VW heritage fleet.

I don't mind the T-Roc convertible, but I am baffled why VW thought it was worthwhile to launch such a niche product with minimal appeal to most enthusiasts. The most use I can see it having is serving as an oddball in the VW heritage fleet.
Should have been a T-hing.

Meh

This SUV thing dilutes the Mustang brand. From the camo pictures, it doesn't seem like a great looking design either.

Back