Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
If you're looking for a challenge, I got one for ya...

Buy a brand new R33 '95, purchase a set of Comfort Soft tires, and take it to Mid-Field Raceway. Here, you will attempt to complete a lap in under 1:24

Think you can do it? I just spent the last hour, yes a whole entire hour, trying to do just that. I kept getting 1:24.0 over and over and over and I finally gave up. The Toyota Supra RZ and Hyundai Genesis are worthy competitors for the R33.

Garage specs post-race:

319 hp / 6,800 rpm
309 ft-lb / 4,400 rpm
1,530 kg
458 pp

It's not much faster than the R32 '89

Drove the R33 around the nordshleife and it was an absolute blast to drive! Even stock it is still a quick machine, with the stock tires. Though I premium version of the R33, I'm still gonna keep this car because I think it has great potential. Plus, it could be a competitor with the R34, and other Japanese sports cars. Leaving Japan though, this weeks car takes American muscle to the next level. This weeks forgotten car is . . . . . .

buick_special_by_gt6_garage-d72aax1.png

This vehicle won the Gran Turismo Award, thanks to its high level of customization.

Price: $725,000
Displacement: 7,456 cc
Max Power: 556 HP / 5,000 rpm
Max Torque: 585.8 ft lbs / 4,750 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 186.0 in.
Width: 71.0 in.
Height: 49.0 in.
Weight: 1,364 kg
The Buick Special '62. I remember driving this car on the test course back in GT4, and it was a true rocket. I reached a top speed of ~220 mph which I think is incredible for a muscle car this old. But to just drive it is fun too. I seen a lot of these online in GT5, but I have yet to see one in GT6. Don't know if everyone forgot it or they just don't want to pay $725k for it.

This commemorative Buick managed to take the coveted Gran Turismo award at the 2003 SEMA auto show. Officially named "Ted and Sue Richardson's 1962 Buick Special Bu'Wicked", this car was based on the 1962 Buick Special 2-door, which was known for its handsome styling. This particular car was rebuilt from the chassis, with all of its mechanical components completely restored. The frame was an Art Morrison racing main-rail to which was added a variety of modifications. The car also featured all kinds of special touches including the roll cage that was attached directly to the frame and completely built into the interior.

The engine, based on a 455ci block, featured a TA Performance aluminum head and a ProCharger F-1 centrifugal mechanical supercharger. The engine was paired to a Richmond 6-speed manual transmission, and the car also had a 9 in. Ford differential. Based on the affordable classic, this Buick was transformed into a high a performance custom vehicle that blended tradition to modern technology. It represented all that was good about American cars of yesteryear, when the cars had personality, and the people who drove them were proud and enthusiastic owners.

So what do you think of the supercharged speed demon? Share your thoughts and as always, keel the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
I am sorry, especially for hurting the feelings of some of you, i just have to voice my opinion..

I hate this Buick, i hate the look of it, i really dont like the droppy back end, which is lower than the front...

Why is it like that? ... did you buy too many logs at Home Depot??

Personally i dont think this car looks right...
I really want to like it ... but ijust can't....

Sorry ...

I hate this Buick, i hate the look of it, i really dont like the droppy back end, which is lower than the front...

I'm sure Slash could explain exactly why they did this but it was a pretty standard suspension setup for older cars, and the people modifying this are obviously into that.

Don't know if everyone forgot it or they just don't want to pay $725k for it.

Didn't forget about it, but 'been there, done that' back in GT4. For 725,000 credits there are newer premium SEMA cars to purchase.

It's still a great car though. 👍

........xsnipx

The Buick Special '62. I remember driving this car on the test course back in GT4, and it was a true rocket. I reached top speed of ~220 mph which I think is incredible for a muscle car this old. But to just drive it is fun too.​

When, deep in GT4, I used to come back home from work after an hour of fighting dusty downtown traffic, or bumper-to-bumper stop-and-go highway torture . . . it was to the cool of my chair, a DFGT in my hands and the beautiful blazing blissful speed of this awesome beast. Around and around on the Test Course totally zoned out. This was the car for that.
My B-Spec driver used it, too, to earn credits at the Laguna Seca Enduro, and very quickly I had all the other expensive cars.
It's a great muscle car - all muscle, all haunches and the kind of lumbering speed that once gathered in full takes you on with nigh unstoppable momentum. An exciting car when run right at tracks that encourage its full potential.
I have one.
Actually that's saying a big deal, because . . . I limit my garage (leave my OCD alone) to 500 cars. It's one of the 500. :)

Drove the R33 around the nordshleife and it was an absolute blast to drive! Even stock it is still a quick machine, with the stock tires. Though I premium version of the R33, I'm still gonna keep this car because I think it has great potential. Plus, it could be a competitor with the R34, and other Japanese sports cars. Leaving Japan though, this weeks car takes American muscle to the next level. This weeks forgotten car is . . . . . .

This vehicle won the Gran Turismo Award, thanks to its high level of customization.

The Buick Special '62. I remember driving this car on the test course back in GT4, and it was a true rocket. I reached a top speed of ~220 mph which I think is incredible for a muscle car this old. But to just drive it is fun too. I seen a lot of these online in GT5, but I have yet to see one in GT6. Don't know if everyone forgot it or they just don't want to pay $725k for it.

This commemorative Buick managed to take the coveted Gran Turismo award at the 2003 SEMA auto show. Officially named "Ted and Sue Richardson's 1962 Buick Special Bu'Wicked, this car was based on the 1962 Buick Special 2-door, which was known for its handsome styling. This particular car was rebuilt from the chassis, with all of its mechanical components completely restored. The frame was an Art Morrison racing main-rail to which was added a variety of modifications. The car also featured all kinds of special touches including the roll cage that was attached directly to the frame and completely built into the interior.

The engine, based on a 455ci block, featured a TA Performance aluminum head and a ProCharger F-1 centrifugal mechanical supercharger. The engine was paired to a Richmond 6-speed manual transmission, and the car also had a 9 in. Ford differential. Based on the affordable classic, this Buick was transformed into a high a performance custom vehicle that blended tradition to modern technology. It represented all that was good about American cars of yesteryear, when the cars had personality, and the people who drove them were proud and enthusiastic owners.

So what do you think of the supercharged speed demon? Share your thoughts and as always, keel the suggestions coming!!!
When I used to play GT4, one thing that really irritated me was the top speed of muscle cars. After discovering the Buick Special though, I couldn't believe how fast it went. So I completely forgot about the other iconic muscle cars!:lol:

This commemorative Buick managed to take the coveted Gran Turismo award at the 2003 SEMA auto show. Officially named "Ted and Sue Richardson's 1962 Buick Special Bu'Wicked, this car was based on the 1962 Buick Special 2-door, which was known for its handsome styling. This particular car was rebuilt from the chassis, with all of its mechanical components completely restored. The frame was an Art Morrison racing main-rail to which was added a variety of modifications. The car also featured all kinds of special touches including the roll cage that was attached directly to the frame and completely built into the interior.

I bought the Special in GT4, but never used it in GT5 or GT6. I think PD should include who modified this car, because in 1962, you could not buy a Buick with 556 horsepower and these rims. Excellent old car, but it is a shame that PD did not make it Premium, as I would love to see this car's interior.
It's still in my list of cars that I have to buy in every new part of the series. Along with the Formula Gran Turismo, Tommy Kaira ZZII and Amuse S2000 GT1
View attachment 336017
Those wheels go incredibly well with this car. What paint did you use?

I bought the Special in GT4, but never used it in GT5 or GT6. I think PD should include who modified this car, because in 1962, you could not buy a Buick with 556 horsepower and these rims. Excellent old car, but it is a shame that PD did not make it Premium, as I would love to see this car's interior.

Those wheels go incredibly well with this car. What paint did you use?
It does have a nice interior indeed

62-buick-interior.jpg

Yeah, I don't care much for this car myself. It's a tuner car so I hated when it was meant to compete with actual muscle cars in GT4. I have to admit I had never seen anyone max out a 62 Buick before so it is unique. Never thought it was a particularly good looking Buick though. But no way should this beast be considered a "real" muscle car.

Yeah, I don't care much for this car myself. It's a tuner car so I hated when it was meant to compete with actual muscle cars in GT4. I have to admit I had never seen anyone max out a 62 Buick before so it is unique. Never thought it was a particularly good looking Buick though. But no way should this beast be considered a "real" muscle car.
Like you said, the Buick Special does not qualify to be a muscle car. No matter what you do to the exterior or how much you upgrade the engine.

It does have a nice interior indeed

62-buick-interior.jpg

Sweet interior. Retro rocket-ship.

I think the wheels used on that custom are Steel Smooths? Does adjust the offset, car has a better stance IMO. I like the original wheels a lot, though. If we could paint it, and add some livery, it would be a great car for a redesign to fit modern tastes.
The original car, as is, stock, in its original livery is quite iconic, though, and is definitely a beast to muscle around; it has its own peculiar handling characteristics that set it apart.
There's no sports muscle in this car - its all brawn. And big brawn, the kind you need for sheer blazing speed.

I had 2 of these in real life ( stock though ) a convertible and coupe. This was a great car in GT4, especially against the Cobra in the historic cups. I was super fast and handled great. It so outclassed the Cobras that it became boring. Then along came GT5, and it was no longer eligible for anything historic. The handling went south, so it became nothing more than an ill handling american muscle car. Fast forward to GT6... it still is not eligible for the historic events and handles even worse than in GT5. I hate this car, and for someone who owned and loved 2 of them, that is sad.

I feel that the Buick Special got 'nerfed' pretty badly over the last few games. It was very fast in GT4, and could corner pretty darn well...but as new games were released, its handling got worse and worse, until it turned into an 'all power, no cornering' machine like the Cerbera Speed 12 (in Gran Turismo at least).

I feel that the Buick Special got 'nerfed' pretty badly over the last few games. It was very fast in GT4, and could corner pretty darn well...but as new games were released, its handling got worse and worse, until it turned into an 'all power, no cornering' machine like the Cerbera Speed 12 (in Gran Turismo at least).

Makes one wonder what they were thinking. "Oh, this car is too nice, lets just screw it all up" I mean why in the world do they make things worse? Yeah, yeah, I know, there are threads for this type of thing. Only in the mind of KY.

I think a lot of these forgotten cars are the older (1960's-1980's) Japanese cars are forgotten, like the Bluebird or something like that.

Indeed.
When my mates and I race online we have a class that's 460pp, 1970 or before road cars on sports hard tyres. All but abs turned off.

They make for some most excellent race nights as the racing becomes very strategic.

If you've got a crew to race with I recommend it as a class.

I seem to be one of the only people who use a 300C. Granted, mine is pretty slidey and I can't really control it, but still...
And the '03 Honda Accord Coupe is so fun to drive.. Looks boring, can pack up to 500hp. Pretty amusing to use in free run/cop lobbies when I suddenly just launch off. It's also fun to drive when tuned normally.

We have that car in our online races regularly!

Being Aussie, we love V8 supercars, but not much going on in Gt6 for that.
So, we have a class; road car, 550pp, race med tyres, v8 engine, 4 door and fit an adjustable wing.

The 300c actually does well in that class. And it makes for some awesome races and no mistake.

I am sorry, especially for hurting the feelings of some of you, i just have to voice my opinion..

Personally i dont think this car looks right...
I really want to like it ... but ijust can't....

Sorry ...
Weight transfer. If the rear is lower than the front sitting still, imagine the extra weight that gets to the rear wheels for traction.

I'm a fan of muscle cars and this Buick, but the fact that PD has been modeling the quickest gear ratio transmissions they can find for muscle cars leaves this dominating the rest, unless you throw a racing transmission in all of them, at which point you have to listen to a metallic whine that overrides anything that would be nice to hear...

Most of the cars a lot of people forget are the ones that never came back.
For example,

Saleen SR Widebody
image.jpg

image.jpg

Ford GT90
image.jpg

image.jpg

Venturi Atlantique 400 GT
image.jpg

image.jpg

Suzuki Cultus Pikes Peak Version
image.jpg

image.jpg

Vector M12 / Wiegert Vector W-8 TwinTurbo
image.jpg

image.jpg

Lotus Elise GT1
image.jpg

image.jpg

Jaguar XJR15
image.jpg

Renault Espace F1
image.jpg

image.jpg

The better TommyKaira ZZII Model (opinion)
image.jpg

Toyota GT-One Road Car (GT2 and GT3)
image.jpg

image.jpg

MINI Cooper 1275S Mk 1 Rally Car
image.jpg

Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car (GT4)
image.jpg

And then who can forget
1886 Benz Patent Motor-Wagen
image.jpg

1886 Daimler Motor Carraige
image.jpg

There are lots of others, but I might put them in at a later time.
Thanks to Rinspeed from Internet Car Database for the 1886 wagon pictures.
All GT2 screenshots were taken personally by me. (I know they're bad, deal with it.)
All real life shots and Triathlon Car came from other sources.
Enjoy! :gtpflag:

For example,

Saleen SR Widebody
View attachment 340241
View attachment 340239
Ford GT90
View attachment 340244
View attachment 340245
View attachment 340246
View attachment 340250
View attachment 340251
View attachment 340253
View attachment 340255
View attachment 340256
Lotus Elise GT1
View attachment 340259
View attachment 340258
Jaguar XJR15
View attachment 340260
Renault Espace F1
View attachment 340261
View attachment 340262
View attachment 340263
View attachment 340264
View attachment 340265
View attachment 340266
View attachment 340267
And then who can forget
View attachment 340268
View attachment 340269
All GT2 screenshots were taken personally by me. (I know they're bad, deal with it.)
Thats a lot of pictures :eek:. But how could anybody forget the espace f1, or the patent motor wagons?

For example,

Saleen SR Widebody
View attachment 340241
View attachment 340239
Ford GT90
View attachment 340244
View attachment 340245
View attachment 340246
View attachment 340250
View attachment 340251
View attachment 340253
View attachment 340255
View attachment 340256
Lotus Elise GT1
View attachment 340259
View attachment 340258
Jaguar XJR15
View attachment 340260
Renault Espace F1
View attachment 340261
View attachment 340262
View attachment 340263
View attachment 340264
View attachment 340265
View attachment 340266
View attachment 340267
And then who can forget
View attachment 340268
View attachment 340269
I also miss the Plymouth Spyder Concept, the older Nissan R390, and all the older Super GT cars...

Finally made it to week 20!!! But before I get to that, I'd like to say some last words about the SP1. Very competitive car that can definitely give other sports cars a run for their money. Anyone who is a car collector should have this car in their garage, or if you prefer the F430, that is good as well. One thing's for sure, this beauty is not leaving my garage anytime soon. Now for this week. This thread has come a long way since the beginning since the 323F/Lantis. I even have cars planned in advance up to week 30! Long story short, thank you guys for your continuous support for this thread. Since it is week 20, I figured I would pick a car that is 20 years old. And coincidentally, there is a well known car that turns 20 years old this year, but is overshadowed by its younger siblings. This weeks forgotten car is . . . .

nissan_skyline_gt_r__r33___95_by_gt6_garage-d7i45kt.png

When this 4th-gen GT-R made its debut, it posted amazing real-world performance numbers.

Price: $47,850
Displacement: 2,568 cc
Max Power: 276 HP / 6,800 rpm
Max Torque: 271.2 ft-lbs / 4,400 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: 4wd / T
Length: 184.1 in
Width: 70.1 in
Height: 53.5 in
Weight: 1,530 kg
The Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) '95. Possibly the most iconic car of the Gran Turismo series, this car turns 20 years old this year. But it's really sad on how this car is so underrated compared to the R34. If I were to ask a bunch of people if they preferred the R33 or R34, 95% of those people would say the R34 right away. Maybe it because of 2 fast 2 furious, I don't know. But anyhow, the R33 is still in the hearts of many car enthusiasts.

When the ninth generation skyline sedan was introduced, one model was missing conspicuously from the lineup, the GT-R. The R32 GT-R was still being sold at the dealerships, but engineers were working on a car that would surpass the R32. The car was unveiled at the 1993 Tokyo motor show, but fans were forced to wait until January 1995 for it to hit the dealerships. Although many had their doubts on the R33, it not only met peoples expectations, it surpassed them. In a test on the Nurburgring, the R33's time was 21 seconds faster than the R32.

Under the R33's hood, there was the RB26DETT, but this one was more refined. It pumped out a whopping 276 HP at 6,800 rpm and 276.2 ft-lbs of torque at 4,400 rpm. Gear selection was performed through a 5-speed manual gearbox that sent power to Nissan's ATESSA E-TS all-wheel-drive system. Also included in the mix was an active LSD, strut-tower bar, and powerful ABS-equipped Brembo brakes. In 1996, Nissan released the R33 LM limited edition to commemorate the 24 hours of le-mans. What do you think of this beast. Share your thoughts below, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

There's already a Premium R33, but the problem is...

the premium R33 is also forgotten, i never saw it on multiplayer.

I noticed that there is some mixed feelings about the '62 Special. Some love it, some hate it. Sure, there are other tuned cars that are premium, but I prefer the classics. I do agree that the performance has gotten a bit worse than in previous GT games, but I believe that it deserves a place in GT6. This week I decided to takes thing off the beaten path, if you know what I mean. It's even my favorite car in its class. This weeks forgotten car is . . . . .

subaru_impreza_rally_car_prototype__01_by_gt6_garage-d7f488u.png

Subaru's 2001 Impreza rally car ushered a new level of aerodynamics into the sport.

Price: $300,000
Displacement: --- cc
Max Power: 295 HP / 5,500 rpm
Max Torque: 347.1 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: 4WD / T
Length: 173.4 in.
Width: 69.7 in.
Height: --- in.
Weight: 1,230 kg
The Subaru Impreza rally car '01. (Note: I could not find a picture of the actual rally car, so I had to use the prototype model instead.) First thing I have to say about this car is that if you are looking for a rally car, this is the car for you. I had a fun time tuning this car and to drive it was even better. It would be even better to relive some childhood memories of driving this countless laps around the Tahiti Maze.

The year 2001 was a noteworthy year for the WRC (World Rally Championship) Impreza rally machine. Not only did the road going Impreza undergo a full model change, the race went from a 2-door to a 4-door body style. Naturally there were concerns of body rigidty with the new car, but Subaru made sure it possessed as much, or even more structural rigidity than its predecessor without any weight increase. But what really set the new car apart from the 2-door were the dramatically improved aerodynamics, a product of a new body style that was highlighted by the cars unusual face.

The revitalized Impreza gave driver Richard Burns a victory in the 10th round at New Zealand. In 2002, STI engineers improved the engines torque, lightened the chassis and improved structual rigidity. They entered two cars in the WRC, piloted by Tommi Mäkinen and Peter Solberg; however, they fell short of the title that year. Determined to win, Subaru completely redesigned the front fascia and the rear wing to improve aerodynamics. Low-end torque was improved to gain speed out of the corners. As a result, Peter Solberg recorded four wins out of 14 races and took the drivers championship. Four-time world champion Tommi Mäkinen decided to end his 17 year career here, and the Impreza rally car became the last rally car he raced. So what do you think? Feel free to comment, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back