Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
Is there gonna be a poll for the car of the year?
No. I would like to keep it a secret until I reveal it because it could be a unanimous vote towards one vehicle. If you have a nomination, start a conversation with me.

The GT350 seemed to be a pleasant car to drive in the right hands. Doesn't take too much to drive it, you just have to get past some understeer and wheelspin. Other than that it is a great car. Any true muscle car fan would love to have this in their possession. This week I chose a car that was a pretty important one back in GT3, but now has been left in the shadows of its younger brothers. This weeks forgotten car is.....

Mitsubishi%20Lancer%20EVO%207%20-%201024x768.jpg

mitsubishi-lancer-evo-vii-4.jpg

Handling performance was taken to another level with the 7th-gen Evo that included an improved LSD and new ACD.

Price: $29,980
Displacement: 1,997 cc
Max Power: 276 HP / 6,500 rpm
Max Torque: 282.0 ft-lb / 3,500 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: 4WD / T
Length: 175.4 in.
Width: 69.7 in.
Height: 57.1 in.
Weight: 1,400 kg​

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR '01! I'm sure you remember the rally version of this car and that frustrating license test around Tahiti Maze. Anyway, this car was kind of a big deal in GT3 because it was used to go against the Japanese Sports cars, such as the R34, Supra, and its natural rival, the Impreza. I did have this car in GT6 a long time ago and it drove great, so I'll try it out again.

In 2001, Mitsubishi was forced by the FIA to race in the WRC using WRC rules for building a car instead of the Group A class rules, and thus did not need to follow homologation rules. The Evolution VII was based on the larger Lancer Cedia platform and as a result gained more weight over the Evolution VI, but Mitsubishi made up for this with multiple important chassis tweaks. The biggest change was the addition of an active center differential and a more effective limited-slip differential, while a front helical limited-slip differential was added. Torque was increased again to 385 N·m (284 lb·ft) with engine tweaks that allowed greater airflow, and horsepower officially remained at 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp).

The introduction of the Evolution VII also marked the first time an automatic drivetrain was included within the model lineup—the GT-A. Seen as the 'gentleman's express' version of the visually similar VII GSR and the RS2, the GT-A model was only produced in 2002 and had the following distinguishing interior and exterior specification: GT-A-only diamond cut finish 17-inch (430 mm) alloy wheels, clear rear light lenses and all-in-one style front headlights (later used on the Evolution VIII). The GT-A had the option of either no spoiler, the short spoiler (as per the Lancer Cedia; and later used on the Evolution VIII 260) or the thunderspoiler as used on the standard Evolution VII models. The most distinguishing feature was a smooth bonnet with no air-grills on it at all and the revised front bumper. Although offering inferior cooling capabilities, the bonnet was designed to give a cleaner line through the air with less air resistance at motorway speeds.

Interior could be specified with factory options of a deluxe velour interior, full leather or the Recaro sports seats. The GT-A interior was different in that it had chromed door handles, a different instrument panel (to show the gear selection) and chrome edged bezels around the speedo and tach. The GT-A also had additional sound deadening installed from the factory and the engine manifold and downpipe had been engineered to be quieter.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...3uNQE_&usg=AFQjCNFnR3EIdPiYp1s7_HNHqe4IUfTJag

Last edited:
Next time I play GT6 and have enough money...I vow to remake the Evo VII Prototype. An Evo VII GSR, Palma Red, the closest to those wheels, aero parts and tuning.

What's the WiLL like to drive? I always thought it looked interesting in GT4, but it had no power so I never bothered, expecting it to be rubbish.

Has the Seat been done yet? I seem to recall it being pleasantly surprising to drive in GT4. Quite quick if I remember correctly.

Well the Evo 7 drove like a dream. You can throw it in any corner and it'll do what it's supposed to do. It would be nice to see how the Evo compares the the STI of the time, as I think they would be pretty close in terms of performance. This week I have chosen a vehicle that will leave some people confused on exactly what it is. This week's forgotten car is......

toyota_will_vs_purple_front_2001.jpg

12092.jpg

This unique-looking hatchback was designed in the image of a stealth fighter jet.

Price: $20,500
Displacement: 1,795 cc
Max Power: 187 HP / 7,600 rpm
Max Torque: 133.0 ft-lb / 6,800 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / NA
Length: 172.6 in.
Width: 67.7 in.
Height: 56.3 in.
Weight: 1,190 kg
The Toyota WiLL VS '01 (thanks to @tankuroded for the suggestion)! I'm not sure what to think of this one, as I have yet to drive it in GT6. It doesn't look like something that Toyota would make, but has sort of an appealing look.

The WiLL brand was a marketing approach shared by a small group of Japanese companies who decided to offer products and services that focused on a younger demographic from August 1999 until July 2004 in Japan. The companies that participated were the Kao Corporation (a manufacturer of personal hygiene, household detergents, and cosmetics), Toyota, Asahi Breweries, Panasonic, Kinki Nippon Tourist Company, Ltd, Ezaki Glico Candy, and Kokuyo Co., Ltd. (an office furniture and stationery manufacturer). Toyota also engaged in a similar "youth oriented" approach in North America, with the Project Genesis program. This selective marketing experiment reflected a Japanese engineering philosophy calledKansei engineering, which was used by other Japanese companies.

The WiLL VS was years ahead of its rivals in car design when it was first introduced in 2001. It was formally introduced at the 2001 Los Angeles Auto Show, as a precursor to the introduction of Scion to North America. It was manufactured at Kanto Auto Works. The WiLL VS came in three levels of trim. The top of the range model came with alloy wheels, fog-lamps, body kit and tiptronic gearshift. Models are available in automatic transmission, tiptronic, and a six-speed manual, powered by Toyota's 1800 cc VVT-I engine offering 140 hp or VVTL-I engine offering 180 hp, which is the unit in the higher spec Toyota Celica. The VS joined the revised Vi, renamed the Cypha, and offered WiLL buyers the choice of a wider car with a more powerful engine. The width dimensions of the VS exceeded Japanese Government regulations that taxed vehicles based on exterior dimensions, which buyers of the VS were liable.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiLL&ved=0CEkQFjALahUKEwjVj8_Nit7IAhXF5CYKHQEYCEg&usg=AFQjCNGOBtrlTyFUf_Hyx9AiMnK9vu0l1

Last edited:
Why the WiLL VS must end up in 🤬 countries when being exported out of Japan? That car isn't 25 year old for the U.S., I know, and in other countries used car imports are frowned upon (but sometimes can be skirted). :indiff: :irked:

I made a perfect Evo VII Rally Car prototype replica if anyone wants to trade for one/know the specs. Drives excellently off road.

The WiLL VS definitely has an interesting look, like a fighter jet at that. Quite an interesting car to drive but something about it didn't seem right to me. Whatever that thing was, I'll just say that it's worthy of being a forgotten car. Well after 52 weeks of this thread being intact, it is time to name the 2015 Forgotten Car of the Year! I received a brilliant suggestion from @SonicCharmeleon of a car that was a headline of GT6, but has somehow been overshadowed by other cars of the same make. This week's forgotten car, and the forgotten car of the year is......

ferrari_dino_246_gt__71___p06_by_m2m_design-d71wbj3.jpg

ferrari_dino_246_gt__71___p07_by_m2m_design-d71wbv6.jpg

This collectors car took the nickname of Enzo Ferrari's son, Alfred "Dino" who passed away at the age of 24.

The 1971 Ferrari Dino 246 GT!!!

Price: $90,000
Max Power: 192 HP / 7,600 rpm
Max Torque: 166.3 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: MR / NA
Length: 166.7 in.
Width: 67.0 in.
Height: 45.0 in.
Weight: 1,080 kg
This car is one of my favorite classics in GT6 and I really hope it stays for GT Sport. The interior is incredibility detailed and to drive this car is an awesome feeling. It is surprising though, this car is overshadowed by the Enzo, the FXX, the 458, etc.

In 1969 the 206 GT was superseded by the more powerful Dino 246 GT. The 246 GT was powered by an enlarged 2.4 L V6 engine, producing with 195 PS (143 kW; 192 hp) at 7,600 rpm in European specification. Initially available as a fixed-top GT coupé, a targa topped GTS was also offered after 1971. Other notable changes from the 206 were the body, now made of steel instead of aluminium, and a 60 mm (2.4 in) longer wheelbase than the 206. Three series of the Dino 246 GT were built, with differences in wheels, windshield wiper coverage, and engine ventilation. Dino 246 production numbered 2,295 GTs and 1,274 GTSs, for a total production run of 3,569.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_(automobile)

Last edited:
The WiLL VS definitely has an interesting look, like a fighter jet at that. Quite an interesting car to drive but something about it didn't seem right to me. Whatever that thing was, I'll just say that it's worthy of being a forgotten car. Well after 52 weeks of this thread being intact, it is time to name the 2015 Forgotten Car of the Year! I received a brilliant suggestion from @SonicCharmeleon of a car that was a headline of GT6, but has somehow been overshadowed by other cars of the same make. This week's forgotten car, and the forgotten car of the year is......

ferrari_dino_246_gt__71___p06_by_m2m_design-d71wbj3.jpg

ferrari_dino_246_gt__71___p07_by_m2m_design-d71wbv6.jpg

The 1971 Ferrari Dino 246 GT!!!

Price: $90,000
Max Power: 192 HP / 7,600 rpm
Max Torque: 166.3 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
Length: 166.7 in.
Width: 67.0 in.
Height: 45.0 in.
Weight: 1,080 kg
This car is one of my favorite classics in GT6 and I really hope it stays for GT Sport. The interior is incredibility detailed and to drive this car is an awesome feeling. It is surprising though, this car is overshadowed by the Enzo, the FXX, the 458, etc. I will be giving a full review of this car sometime this week, so be sure to not miss that.

In 1969 the 206 GT was superseded by the more powerful Dino 246 GT. The 246 GT was powered by an enlarged 2.4 L V6 engine, producing with 195 PS (143 kW; 192 hp) at 7,600 rpm in European specification. Initially available as a fixed-top GT coupé, a targa topped GTS was also offered after 1971. Other notable changes from the 206 were the body, now made of steel instead of aluminium, and a 60 mm (2.4 in) longer wheelbase than the 206. Three series of the Dino 246 GT were built, with differences in wheels, windshield wiper coverage, and engine ventilation. Dino 246 production numbered 2,295 GTs and 1,274 GTSs, for a total production run of 3,569.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_(automobile)
These were forgotten? I see these cars a lot in 500 PP races.

Hey everybody. This post might be overreactive, but I just want to say that today marks exactly one year since I created this thread. I would like to thank some people for making this thread possible, and I'm gonna start with @MidFieldMaven for posting his lap times, @HDT Commodore and @Lubeify100 for sticking around and posting their opinions, and most of all I would like to thank each and every person who visits this thread. So here's to another 53 weeks, and hey, week 100 will be here before you know it!

Well the Dino may not be forgotten to some people. It depends on which lobbies you go into, or maybe where you are in the world. But to every serious car lover out there, this is far from forgotten. It performs like a classic in GT6, and hopefully it returns for GT Sport. Ok, this week I decided to go with a car that very little people drive, as this thread is about. This week's forgotten car is.....

ford_ka__01_by_gt6_garage-d7dxfg2.jpg

With a short and catchy name, this compact emphasized utility, design and driving pleasure.

Price: $12,920
Displacement: 1,297 cc
Max Power: 59 HP / 5,000 rpm
Max Torque: 77.3 ft-lb / 2,500 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / NA
Length: 142.5 in.
Width: 64.2 in.
Height: 53.9 in.
Weight: 965 kg
The Ford Ka '01. I first seen this in GT4 (before I got GT2) and thought nothing of it. I dug through the dealerships in GT6 and found it collecting dust, so I'll see how it drives.

The car was introduced on 11 September 1996 as a small and low-cost addition to the Ford range. It was based on the Mark IV Ford Fiesta platform, but with a completely different exterior design. The design borrowed a lot from Ghia's "Saetta" show car, a roadster designed by Filippo Sapino. The Ka evolved from concept vehicles to production with minor changes. The large, one piece, moulded bumpers and wheel arches made the vehicle more durable and easier to repair. The vehicle was manufactured on the existing Fiesta production line in Almussafes, Valencia, minimising new model investment costs. The Chief Program Engineer was Kevin O’Neill. The designer of the car was Chris Svensson of Sunderland, who had designed a similar-shaped car when at the Royal College of Art in 1992.

When the Ka was introduced to the public it provoked mixed reactions, due to its original and striking New Edge design, overseen by Jack Telnack and executed by Claude Lobo. Besides the styling, the Ka, like its sister cars Fiesta and Puma, was lauded in the motoring press for its handling. Under Richard Parry-Jones' supervision, the suspension and steering settings allowed for hard cornering and high levels of grip, providing strong handling characteristics.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ka

Last edited:
I read it is supposed to be pronounced like "ca" in "cat". Ford "ca" sounds even sillier than "ka".

This one once again I remember driving in GT4. It wasn't very exciting.

Well the Ford Ka is forgotten or left out in a few ways. It has very low HP, apparently is prone to rust after one year of owning it, and there are better cars to use in it's class. I'll have to take a closer look at this one to see if there's any strong point on the car. This week I chose a car that most of you know, but one that is never talked about very much. This week's forgotten car is.....

brl914.jpg

hommel-berlinette-rs-09.jpg

Developed by Michel Hommell, this sports car is quite rare.

Price: $47,360
Displacement: 1,998 cc
Max Power: 164 HP / 6,500 rpm
Max Torque: 144.6 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
Length: 162.2 in.
Width: 70.1 in.
Height: 45.3 in
Weight: 950 kg
The Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99! I've heard people say that this is an expensive car to buy and that a Lotus Elise would be a better choice. I think this car has a nice look, as long as your not OCD about the placement of the reverse light in back.

Hommell is a French Automobile manufacturer, started in 1990 by Michel Hommell, a former racing driver and the owner of Échappement, a French car magazine. The company is based in Lohéac, near Rennes, Brittany. A prototype of the kind of sports car he would like to be produced was shown at the 1990 Paris Salon, where it was well received, encouraging him to go ahead with a production version. This was shown at the 1994 Geneva Motor Show. The 2 seat sports coupe is powered by a mid-mounted 2.0lt Peugeot engine and 6 speed gearbox in a tubular steel chassis with all-round independent suspension. In 1998, the Barquette, an open-top version was announced, and at the same time the Berlinette RS, as the original model was now called, had a more powerful Citroën engine fitted.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...a77C9Y&usg=AFQjCNGeKmHoy_9jEp0JFpb_YD-2QyQt2g

Last edited:
When I bought GT4 and PS2 bundle the very first thing I did was fire up arcade mode... and took out the Hommell at the Nurburgring. It is a really special car to me as it was the first car I drove after hanging up my ps1 controller with GT2...

The wonky reverse light does make me say "I'm an excellent driver" over and over again though.

I had a lightly tuned one on GT5 for some reason. I expected too much from it and didn't really like it. Have you discovered a theme in my posts? I don't like anything.

Back