Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
I remember when this was THE FINAL CAR in Midtown Madness 1 & 2! :)
724.jpg

I could imagine that in GT2
In fact, it probably was in GT2.

Anyway, I have another forgotten car for you. It is the 2004 Pontiac GTO.
image.jpg
This car is almost exactly the Holden Monaro. It looks the same, and its specs are very similar. Don't ask what Pontiac was thinking when they named a duplicated Holden Monaro from Australia and called it a "GTO". It looks nothing like the classic GTO Judge, and its sales weren't that great. If Pontiac made their "GTO" look more like the Judge, it would've sold better, and would be more popular on GT6. But for now, Mitsubishi's GTO is better than Pontiac's.

I think part of the reason this car is under rated is because the quality isn't that great. It is a standard, and there are many jagged edges. This car is mentioned in the thread "Standards: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
The Bentley Speed 8 EXP is a very Underrated car and it's a premium car, never saw this car in multiplayer.

The Bentley Speed 8 EXP is a very Underrated car and it's a premium car, never saw this car in multiplayer.

I've purchased one, without knowing it was premium.. lets take it out for a shoot soon!

In my opinion the Ferrari 599 is something of a forgotten car, surprising as it has a huge 600bhp 6-litre V12 and quite a few Ferrari badges. With the right tune it can be really sharp through corners and a lot of fun to drive. *ahem ahem*

In my opinion the Ferrari 599 is something of a forgotten car, surprising as it has a huge 600bhp 6-litre V12 and quite a few Ferrari badges. With the right tune it can be really sharp through corners and a lot of fun to drive. *ahem ahem*
I am kinda surprised a Ferrari like this would become underrated. Maybe it is because there are faster options, like the Enzo and the FXX.

I am kinda surprised a Ferrari like this would become underrated. Maybe it is because there are faster options, like the Enzo and the FXX.

True, I think the people that tend to drive Ferraris online tend to be the people that want to be fastest in their lobby, so they're mainly in FXXs and Huayras these days.

True, I think the people that tend to drive Ferraris online tend to be the people that want to be fastest in their lobby, so they're mainly in FXXs and Huayras these days.
Agreed. Poor 599 just can't catch up with them...

Since were talking about Ferraris, does anybody see the 365 gtb 4 in any online lobbies ( other than one make races )? Surprised I haven't come across one yet.

I think part of the reason this car is under rated is because the quality isn't that great. It is a standard, and there are many jagged edges. This car is mentioned in the thread "Standards: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Interesting you mention that, as the car is ugly to begin with. (My opinion, but I think it look horrifying!)

Since were talking about Ferraris, does anybody see the 365 gtb 4 in any online lobbies ( other than one make races )? Surprised I haven't come across one yet.
No. Because of its price tag, it remains unseen from any online lobbies.

Seen a few. Considered buying one, but I don't know if they're worth it.

Which classic Ferrari do you guys think performs and looks better? The 512 BB or the GTO? I think the GTO is better for me...

The 512 I think looks better, especially with the wire rims put on. But I think the GTO performs better, so its really your choice.

I've been driving the Mazda Demio Sport '10 since yesterday evening and I'm loving it :D Did some modifications to it (well, pretty much all available :rolleyes:), and it looks really cool and handles pretty good as well, except for a bit of understeer..
View attachment 312862
(It looks cooler in-game during replays)
That's the one with the CVT gearing isn't it?

Back