Formula 1 2012

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 189 comments
If there was a straight fight in the same car between Vettel Alonso & Hamilton I think Hamilton would be the fastest, they would all be double world champions if Raikonnen hadn't stole it from him by 1 point (which he did beat Alonso, in the same car!)

Lets not forget that Vettel was out raced by Paul Di Resta in F3000 in the same car!

I don't have sky which is a bummer ill watch the highlights tonight if there are on...

Oh thats the new deal where BBC only shows some of the races. We can only watch on pay tv here.

Hey what did you guys think of the spanish GP? great win for a 'Pay driver' ay? Lewis hamilton with a great drive and Alonso always going for the points.

McLaren have lost serious pace, hoping Jenson can make the most of his time on the Super Soft's next week in Monaco and get the win!

Spanish GP was just great this year, I enjoyed every minute.

Button has lost serious pace, hoping Jenson can make the most of his time on the Super Soft's next week in Monaco and get the win!
Fixed this for you. Hamilton was on fire Saturday and Sunday.

Watching Alonso this year has really been a treat I have to agree you. I honestly thought Maldonado was doomed on Sunday, talk about keeping a cool head. Not a single slip up with, of all people, Alonso bearing down on him. I only wish Raikkonen had a few more laps to catch up and make things even more interesting :drool:

The Ferrari is only going to get better! Watch out for Fernando! ;)

Well, for Alonso anyway. He is a terrific driver and it's a testament to his skill that in the inferior Ferrari he can challenge the McLarens, RBRs, and Lotuses. Massa, I think, is pretty much done at Ferrari after this season unless he does really well really soon. I like him, but....

yeah... i WAS a fan of massa until a coupleyears ago, then i am a red bul/ McClaren fan, and i would say massa has fallen into a deep hole and he has quite a bit of work to do to get himself back out... seems to ME that this might be his last season with ferrari...

Wow, Canadian GP was great. Kudos to Hamilton, Grosjean, Perez for great driving. Hamilton benefited from Ferrari and Red Bull's lack of good strategies, but still did very well himself and overcame a few bad pit stops (nothing new here). And Perez? Just wow.

Very exciting race, I agree with you. It was interesting to see Jacques on Sky, even though I don't feel nearly as strong as he does about Pirelli and DRS I'm glad that his side of the argument got some airtime.

I'd love to see Vettel/Alonso in a McLaren Mercedes. Arguably the fastest cars in F1. Vettal won last year in a car that runs about 10th in top speed. Hamilton should win every race.

I'd love to see Vettel/Alonso in a McLaren Mercedes. Arguably the fastest cars in F1. Vettal won last year in a car that runs about 10th in top speed. Hamilton should win every race.

Might of been 10th in speed in straight line but was 100 times quicker than anything else in cornering which is arguable more important. Ask Mercedes, straight line isnt everything. We've already seen Alonso in a McLaren and Hamilton still beat him. Also Hamilton would of won alot more this season but thats down to things that weren't in his control

Might of been 10th in speed in straight line but was 100 times quicker than anything else in cornering which is arguable more important. Ask Mercedes, straight line isnt everything. We've already seen Alonso in a McLaren and Hamilton still beat him. Also Hamilton would of won alot more this season but thats down to things that weren't in his control

If you don't have great speed you need to make up in cornering, that's a given. IMHO Alonso is the best driver, making the most out of the problematic Ferraris. Vettel is what all companies want in driver, he's geared fast and you have to slow him down.

What's with Vettel? Seems like the Red Bull just doesn't like race day.

Putting the top drivers on the same team has never seemed to work well.

I agree, Fernando is the best driver on the grid! :dopey:

I think Maldonado should have backed off, Lewis' tyres were clearly gone but it's not as if that was the last corner Maldonado could have possibly done anything, there were plenty coming up where he could have gained that position but because he decided to try and re-enter the race track he's lost himself 15(?) points and lost Hamilton some points.

It pains me to say this but Alonso did fantastic, I was confused when after a few laps I saw him up in 7th from 11th but I feel his win was also quite lucky because of what happened to Vettel and Grosjean.

I don't know what to think of the crash between Maldonado and Hamilton.. If I was Maldonado I did the same but if I was Hamilton I probably closed the door too.. And if I were them I would blame each other for it! :D

IMO that was 100% Maldonado. He should have backed out, or reentered the track a bit farther up the corner when it was safe to do so. Either way it wasn't his position or his corner, and there was no reason to barge back onto the track with such ridiculous urgency. Maldonado pushed folks off the track at least two or three different times throughout the race (Raikkonen once or maybe twice, I can't remember who else) yet they had enough good grace to concede the corner rather than start a game of bumper-cars.

What makes it even more absurd to me is the fact that Maldonado easily would have had him in the next lap or so, by displaying even a shred of patience, because as we all could see Hamiltons' tires were in a bad way.

I don't know what to think of the crash between Maldonado and Hamilton.. If I was Maldonado I did the same but if I was Hamilton I probably closed the door too.. And if I were them I would blame each other for it! :D

It matters not to me who was at fault...as long as Hamilton is out...
Where is Jenson Button, seems like he's fallen off the radar?

Back