First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length

5.807km

Race Distance

307.471 km

Lap Record

1:31.540 Kimi Räikkönen (2005)

There's a chance of rain for this weekend, perhaps that can make up for the dullness of last weekend.

Doo1e7rUcAAqyfT.jpg

Updated Ferrari livery

Although to be fair, this is a far more important development

Mission Winnow...a bit late for that no?

I went on their official twitter page, what a load of tosh. “We want to learn from our mistakes in the past and use technology to make the future a better place” (paraphrased)...ya, thanks Phil, but no thanks. Just clever way for Phillip Morris to use Vape Pens to get around tabacco advertising restrictions. I cringe at what a “Phillip Morris better world” could look like - better for whom?

The Haiku book is legendary though. It’s really strange it was handed out at the officia livery unveil...seems an odd thing to hand out to full grown adults :lol: Maybe this is a glimpse of PM’s “better future” :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mission Winnow...a bit late for that no?

I went on their official twitter page, what a load of tosh. “We want to learn from our mistakes in the past and use technology to make the future a better place” (paraphrased)...ya, thanks Phil, but no thanks. Just clever way for Phillip Morris to use Vape Pens to get around tabacco advertising restrictions. I cringe at what a “Phillip Morris better world” could look like - better for whom?

The Haiku book is legendary though. It’s really strange it was handed out at the officia livery unveil...seems an odd thing to hand out to full grown adults :lol: Maybe this is a glimpse of PM’s “better future” :lol:
I guess Vaping is better than gambling and drinking... so maybe PM's sponsorship isn't actually the worst anymore??

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Vaping is better than gambling and drinking... so maybe PM's sponsorship isn't actually the worst anymore??
I guess only time will tell :lol:

Unrelated, found this video this morning, thought it was kind of a cool

Mission Win Now? Perhaps they should have launched this campaign a bit earlier in the season...

The whole thing strikes me as decidedly sinister - and for some reason I feel like a smoke.

Reminds me of the eyetime weirdness from the Austrian GP. Mission Winnow might not be a MLM scheme, but with the description being as clear as mud, it’s hard to be fully comfortable with it.

That being said, I do like the look of the logo on the car, lol.

It may be a bit early to tell, but the results of FP2 seem to indicate a distinct possibility another Mercedes front row lockout.

It could be that Ferrari are sandbagging. It's certainly something that can't be discounted, but going on recent form where Ferrari have lacked the pace to hold onto Mercedes it seems unlikely.

That's really freaky looking.
Reminds me Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy for some reason.

Thanks for remind me that song exists :)

The first race this year that's at a weird time. Gonna have to watch qualifying late and try staying up for the race.

Rain is forecast for Saturday, which could make the race a bit more interesting even if it’s a dry Sunday
I hope the track is dry for qualifying, might be a while before F1 has cars with this much downforce again. Looking forward to see how brave the drivers are going to be.

Back