Formula 1 2018 Honda Japanese Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 179 comments
I have hope for LeClerc. Ferrari, not so much. Though if Ferrari win a championship in the coming years, it’ll be with LeClerc.

"Kimi, please do a few pit stops so Seb can pass you."

-

When your star driver is too far back for team orders...
Is he though? Kimi can’t make up anymore places... seemed clear to me soon as Vettel moved into p6 that Kimi needed to back off to allow him past...

Is he though? Kimi can’t make up anymore places... seemed clear to me soon as Vettel moved into p6 that Kimi needed to back off to allow him past...

Too risky, I think. He'd have to go too slow.

Hence: Pit him instead.

Indeed perfect weekend for Mercedes. Convincing win. No threat for Hamilton (anymore?).
RedBull 3&4 was not expected. And Daniel DOTD 👍
Ferrari maybe lost the race during quali strategy. They must have had aero/downforce issues because they had no race pace and they played the fifth/sixth violin today

It's over!

Lewis Hamilton - "Hey guys, did you hear that? Sounds like someone left the water running. Someone check if my toaster's still plugged in? Is that thing squeaking? Is it? Talk to me guys, talk to me! Oh... it's over. Never mind."

Valterri Bottas - "I'm very happy for the team."

Max Verstappen - "No, I don't think I did anything wrong. You never hit red cars you don't aim for."

Daniel Ricciardo - "You blokes do know there were two Red Bulls in this race, right?"

Kimi Raikkonen - "..."

Sebastian Vettel - "Clearly I did nothing wrong. You don't hit blue cars you don't aim for."

Sergio Perez - "No, I feel perfectly fine. Why is it suprising that I didn't hit anyone?"

Romain Grosjean - "I can Haas cheeseburger."

Esteban Ocon - "McLaren here I come. Wait... that's not happening?"

Carlos Sainz - "Why is nobody interviewing me? We're still on track for 4th in the championship, right? Guys?"

If Vettel finishes anywhere aside 1st or 2nd in Austin, it's over.
Merc 1-2 shouldn’t be too much of an issue... and honestly Red Bull look more likely at finishing second than Ferrari do.

It’s never over until it’s over, but it looks like all Vettel can do is make Lewis wait for it.

Max: he could have waited for me to come back on the track

What the hell? Who in their right mind especially a racing driver thinks that a guy who is at race speed should wait for them to return to the track? Max screwed up, it's his fault, he didn't control the car so...this entitlement of his is getting to be too much even for me.

If Vettel finishes anywhere aside 1st or 2nd in Austin, it's over.

He might want to brush up on what he was hired to do then.

Ferrari have given Vettel by enlarge the best car for large portions of the season. Their strategy hasn’t been the best, but Vettel has been poor while Lewis has gone from strength to strength.

Next year is going to be messy at Ferrari

Ferrari have given Vettel by enlarge the best car for large portions of the season. Their strategy hasn’t been the best, but Vettel has been poor while Lewis has gone from strength to strength.

Next year is going to be messy at Ferrari

Lewis is far from perfect. He's made some major mistakes pushing too hard in Q3 this season. It's just that the gap to Ferrari is now big enough that this doesn't hurt him.

But he's definitely been more composed in wheel-to-wheel than Vettel has been.

Lewis is far from perfect. He's made some major mistakes pushing too hard in Q3 this season. It's just that the gap to Ferrari is now big enough that this doesn't hurt him.

But he's definitely been more composed in wheel-to-wheel than Vettel has been.
No one person is perfect, but this season he’s pulled it out when he needed too.

His Silverstone quali lap, Hockenheim, Monza, his Singapore quali lap... he’s stepped up his game and risen to the challenge of a faster Ferrari and surpassed them.

Since the double mechanical DNF (his only of his season thus far), he’s not finished lower than second.

2018-10-07 09.49.06.jpg

I can just hear Lewis from out of frame shouting 'Oi, Seb! Don't be kicking my car, man.'

Max: he could have waited for me to come back on the track

What the hell? Who in their right mind especially a racing driver thinks that a guy who is at race speed should wait for them to return to the track? Max screwed up, it's his fault, he didn't control the car so...this entitlement of his is getting to be too much even for me.

Yes,but what i think Max whas trying to say is(and i agree...) that if Kimi held back a second he could have passed Max on the inside of the exit of the chicane...Max would have had a very poor exit speed,and none of this touching would have happened...!!!!!!

So for me it whas also not very smart from Kimi to try the outside line...knowing Max would never be able to hold the inside of the corner with the dirty tyres.

Ah whel...one of those things!

Very enjoyable race to watch though,plenty of overtaking going on thru out the field!!

Vettel... you idiot :banghead::banghead:

Spy.

It was surprisingly a good race(Besides at the front)

The last sector sets up a good overtaking opportunities in the chicanes or at the main straight.

Idiotic move by Seb "big fan of him", but I can understand his view. He's racing Lewis not Max, and it's at all or nothing stage.
He's gone for a small opportunity that presented itself ( that's what racing should be about) Yes it was aggressive, and yes he would've known that Max was penalized and will pass him later. But until then, he's race was likely to be dictated in when the Red bull is pitting and that could hurt his aim to try to win it.

Back