Formula 1 2018 Rolex British Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 327 comments
DK
I just thought the FIA would decide it's unsafe, personally I think it spices things up nicely.

Exactly. The cars nowadays are safe enough for a bit of experimentation. Perhaps the FIA realises that F1 needs that bit of danger added back into the sport. Look at Alonso rolling in Australia. Apart from minor injuries he was fine. And that was pretty much a full speed crash.

Hamilton's been talking about how bumpy the track is, saying it's bumpier than the Nordschleife and he has no idea how anyone could do such a bad job of resurfacing...

Lewis thinks the drs zone is too dangerous...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137255/hamilton-turn-1-drs-an-unnecessary-danger

....so, should circuits be made to have no challenging sections where drivers “might crash”?

Also, and perhaps it’s because I’m a sheer genius, but couldn’t drivers solve the problem by going slower through the corner??

Next thing the drivers are going to ask the FIA to start applying the brakes for them.

On-track speed limiter.
We laugh now, but just wait, that’s coming.

Le Mans lost its straight in 1990 because the FIA decided it no longer would endorse any circuit with a straight longer than 2km.

What happens if, in 2025, the FIA decide they will no longer endorse any circuit or race where cars reach speeds of 250km/h or more? I just picked a random number, but you get the point.

Unless we halt progress, the cars are going to keep getting faster....so does that mean we’ll get to a point where for each 5 seconds of lap time teams find over 5-10 years, we’ll need to add another chicane to every circuit?

Or is this it...have we reached the pinnicle, and lap times will forever be frozen where they are right now??? The faster we go, the more dangerous it gets.

I have never seen the grass more brown at Silverstone - and I have watched F1 since 2002. Is the UK going through a particularly dry summer or what?

The speed and sparks these cars are producing through the high speed corners though - it's just insane. Will be sad to see next year's cars get slower again (I know it's in the name of safety, but still).

Funny fact which I did not know until now. McLaren director DeFerran is the father in law of Stoffel. Let's see if that helps him or not for next season :scared::lol:.

WOW that was a very hard crash of Hartley....Luckily after about 10 secs he says he's ok.
Huh?? how can that left front tire swap like that?

Edit: after watching some replays --> very strange to see that left front suddenly flips over. Like something exploded in the suspension and hit a aero piece. Looks like a straw how fragile.

Last edited:
The way this is going, Williams are going to want to repaint their car so nobody realises what team it is. They're lucky there aren't 11 teams this season.

Thanks Lance. Everyone English and Swedish hates you.

I truly believe if Lance more closely emulated Leclerc's demeanor and composure while working as hard as possible to simply beat his teammate consistently he could work his way out of Williams and into a better team. However, I think he simply lacks the motivation/will to do such. I think the fact that Stroll has such a massive safety net provided by his father that it actually takes away from his personal drive to succeed as he doesn't have as much to lose as compared to some of the other drivers in their early career who came from more modest backgrounds like Lewis or Ocon. (relatively speaking).

Back