Formula 1 2018 Rolex British Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 327 comments
They said even it is quali he is under extra control? Hopefully for Seb no impact during quali and race.
I think they are making a lot out of nothing. He’s a top international athlete, aches and pains are par for the course and I’m sure he’ll be fine. I mean, he was fastest in q1 haha

When you look at certain camera angles on track you would think Silverstone is somewhere near a desert. The sand blowing over the track, the heat haze and the "grass" so brown. UK,Silverstone rain prediction 0.0% :eek: .

Q3 surprise us :dopey:

Edit: that gap between 1-2-3 and LeClerc!!!!
Daniel had an issue with DRS flap during first run but why could he not improve in the 2nd one? Or was is good as it was? RBR as expected 5-6

Hamilton great lap 1.25.892... I needed 2:02 this morning around Silverstone. But that was with older asphalt and a Group 5 Zakspeed Capri :D

Last edited:
What an amazing qualifying. Lewis shaking with adrenaline as he got out tells you how tight it is between Merc and Ferrari in qualifying.

Lovely pole lap. He missed some apexes, but he was on the power so early and so cleanly on the exits that I think it didn't matter... he was right where he needed to be to nail those corner exits. Vettel had a chance to go faster, but that second lap didn't come together. Shame. His first lap was amazing. Kimi's last lap was a cracker, as well, just couldn't seal it in that S3.

Going to be an interesting start to the race tomorrow. Bottas at a disadvantage, but he's looking to do a long first stint, and the Red Bulls aren't looking so hot, so he's in a good position, anyway.

-

Also, LeClerc. Wow.

-

Also, also, five Ferrari engines in the top ten. After six last race. Damn.

What an amazing qualifying. Lewis shaking with adrenaline as he got out tells you how tight it is between Merc and Ferrari in qualifying.

Lovely pole lap. He missed some apexes, but he was on the power so early and so cleanly on the exits that I think it didn't matter... he was right where he needed to be to nail those corner exits. Vettel had a chance to go faster, but that second lap didn't come together. Shame. His first lap was amazing. Kimi's last lap was a cracker, as well, just couldn't seal it in that S3.

Going to be an interesting start to the race tomorrow. Bottas at a disadvantage, but he's looking to do a long first stint, and the Red Bulls aren't looking so hot, so he's in a good position, anyway.

-

Also, LeClerc. Wow.

-

Also, also, five Ferrari engines in the top ten. After six last race. Damn.
If I remember seeing Kimi didn’t seal it in S2 I saw he had Purples in 1 and 3 but my eyes could be deceiving me.

If I remember seeing Kimi didn’t seal it in S2 I saw he had Purples in 1 and 3 but my eyes could be deceiving me.

That is correct. He messed up S2 and lost the majority of the time there. With his purple S3, I thought he was going to leapfrog Vettel or even Lewis. Speaking of Lewis, I know it's probably been said already but that was an insane lap he put down :bowdown: Hoping he will be able to convert that to a win tomorrow! :)

That Leclerc...he's starting to make it a habit. I like to see new F1 drivers shine like that, it's even better since he's not even in a top team.

That Leclerc...he's starting to make it a habit. I like to see new F1 drivers shine like that, it's even better since he's not even in a top team.

He's certainly a fantastic driver, but I love the car he's driving more than anything.
I was fortunate to see him driving the car in person yesterday, and the sauber for me has to be the sexiest machine on the grid. I'm a massive fan of the Alfa red on white paint job.

I predict a future championship battle between him and Max in 2020/21 or so.
The calculated consistent Monegasque vs the mad persistent Dutchman.

And sadly, probably no Stoffel.

I blame McLaren's absolute non progress. They probably tricked him into believing that Honda was the devil and to blame for everything, and now he also realises the car is still just as **** as that engine was.

I’m not sure, I think the drivers both knew the chassis wasn’t “the best on the grid” last season. But it kinda doesn't matter, Alonso has dragged that ******* into the points far more often than Stoffle... if Alonso is on his way out the team need a driver they can rely on, Stoffle just isn’t that guy... with both Noris and Russle showing real talent in F2, I don’t think McLaren will be desperate to hold onto dead weight

Alonso is an alien plagued by bad team moves. You can't compare him with Stoffel.

What Stoffel needs is a sign of improvement. That will respark his talent. If that improvement stays out, you can be Hamilton, Senna or Schumacher, that car is at best good for points.

George Russel is a Mercedes junior driver though, not McLaren

His debut was in a McLaren so there's a relationship there but it would obviously require Mercedes' permission for him to drive for them in a race. Imo it would make good sense for Mercedes to loan him out for a bash, he can learn some racecraft without risking a Mercedes :)

Unfortunately for Stoffle, the only person you can really compare him to, is his team mate.

While that may be true. When you compare him to another rookie in the form of Gasly at Toro Rosso, Stoffel performance looks to be in a bit of decline. He started the season in the points but since Azerbaijan, Gasly has been outperforming him and finished (when he does finish that is) in much better positions.

The fact that Stoffel is in a bad car is no excuse to losing 0-10 with Alonso in qualy. Where he is at the moment with a lot of young talent coming in from everywhere bar RB, he can’t underperform, especially as apart from Bahrain 2016 there were no special performances from him that would suggest he’s the real deal. And even despite Renault saying they would be interested in him, every race his stock will be falling unless he gets closer to Alonso and beats him few times in a season

If Alonso leaves can Carlos take his seat now that RedBull switches to Honda or he must be left at Renault? I like Carlos, feel he has talent to be a champ, as Ocon too (Ocon instead of Bottas would be something). And LeClerk at Kimmis place would make 2020 season fun.

If I was Carlos I would take the Renault seat over Mclaren.

They are a works team with a large budget and they are constantly taking staff from the big teams.

If Alonso leaves can Carlos take his seat now that RedBull switches to Honda or he must be left at Renault? I like Carlos, feel he has talent to be a champ, as Ocon too (Ocon instead of Bottas would be something). And LeClerk at Kimmis place would make 2020 season fun.

Red Bull have him loaned out they can reclaim him if need be. As for taking Alonso's seat, I don't see why. The STR is arguably a more consistent car than the McLaren, and an even more consistent car than that is the Renault.

I think people need to accept the fact that McLaren are to blame more so for their woes, they started around the time they dropped the ball with having arguably the best 2012 racer. From there it's been a steady dark decline, with plenty of fingers pointed else where, and only few calling it like it is. McLaren's fault.

A little bit of a WTF moment in the Porsche Supercup, as people were still on the grid and the lights went green for the formation lap.

Paddy apologized for both Williams drivers their accident. BEcause of new rear wing/aero package something went wrong when DRS flaps in. 60% downforce loss which is not normal according to the team technical staff.

Williams, and in particular Paddy Low has apologised to Stroll and Sirotkin for sending them out with a car that lost 60% of its downforce when the DRS was closed.

They've changed the rear wing, and both cars will start from pitlane.

Williams, and in particular Paddy Low has apologised to Stroll and Sirotkin for sending them out with a car that lost 60% of its downforce when the DRS was closed.

They've changed the rear wing, and both cars will start from pitlane.
luckily we have the same source and share the same info. Otherwise us Dutchies will be seen as not thrustworthy ;)

Enjoy the race & Ziggo Sport. And don't forget to refuel :cheers:. It's hot!

PS Only for the Ziggo sport watchers: Rene Froger as guest :eek:

Back