Formula 1 2022-23 Off Season and TESTING ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 331 comments
Given Ferrari's performance, they should more or less clean-sweep that whole team (excluding maybe general mechanics).

Given Ferrari's performance, they should more or less clean-sweep that whole team (excluding maybe general mechanics).
Honestly I think the only person at Ferrari who should actually be on the chopping block is Inaki Rueda, Ferrari's Head of Strategy. All the bad and dumb strategy calls Ferrari have made over the last few years are very much on his shoulders. It's a wonder that he's still there, honestly.

They will replace binotto with a ceo it is said.

Ferrari are really out of touch.

Im really done with them 😡

I don't think he deserved to go, it was everyone else around him who was letting him down. However, we all know Ferrari by now - they have an incredibly bad finger-pointing culture there, and it's the figurehead who gets pushed first because they're unwilling to look further down the chain.

I don't think he deserved to go, it was everyone else around him who was letting him down. However, we all know Ferrari by now - they have an incredibly bad finger-pointing culture there, and it's the figurehead who gets pushed first because they're unwilling to look further down the chain.
Binotto was chief finger pointer

Binotto-Leclerc-Silverstone-GP-2022.jpg

The races have been discussed in their threads, I doubt that anything new can be discussed about them. And besides that, it always turns into a childish school yard fight between the groups of 'fan bois".

So was Ferrari trying to get him to resign or did they bungle this badly?

Seems the popular rumor and apparently the big hope is that Fred Vasseur will come over from Sauber Romeo to take the role, since he's got extensive history with Leclerc.

Be interesting to see what happens if he doesn't end up there, in the same way that it's interesting to watch a house gradually fall into a giant sinkhole that is.

Ferrari is a joke but I don’t think binotto should have been booted. They were moving in the right direction and building stability. They actually hit the new regulations pretty well unlike Mercedes who will probably be stronger next year.

Change something, it doesn't immediately result in perfection, change it again. This is an excellent way to alienate your core fanbase.

The pro wrestling version of controlled, borderline-scripted F1 for television is well underway. Gimmicks and nonsense galore. Go all out and have a mandatory safety car period to keep everyone close. Do it, race for 2 hours only for the last 5 laps to matter.

Last edited:
Imagine being so stupid as the head of a rulemaking body for an internationally popular flagship championship that you openly float the idea of deliberately adjusting the outcomes of individual events therein like it is Mario Kart Wii. At least when NASCAR throws caution flags for no reason they can pretend that it's not scripting preferred race results.

Last edited:
Back