Formula 1 2022-23 Off Season and TESTING ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 331 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The Formula 1 2022 season has concluded with the Red Bull RB18 going down as one of the most successful and dominant cars of all time. Will the rest of the pack catch up in 2023?

Use this thread to discuss anything you want to do with Formula 1: News, rumours, Testing or anything else which doesn't fit into discussion of the races or fits in the relevant threads.

Drivers
Constructors
Calendar
Caption Game

2022 results.
Screenshot_20221121-111023.png

2023 Driver lineup
20221121_111257.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221121-111034.png
    Screenshot_20221121-111034.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 15
Seen an interesting article from Amus posted on the sub reddit, not sure how reliable it is.

Honda is expected to enroll for the engine formula from 2026. Maybe we will find out what the plans of the Japanese are at the big title celebration in Motegi in a week's time. In the paddock it is said that Honda enrolls separately and does not enter into a joint venture with RB Powertrains, but develops the complete powertrain on its own and then returns with another team.
Nevertheless, RB Powertrains remains an interesting partner for car companies. In Milton Keynes there is a functioning engine factory with 300 engineers and mechanics, and the prototype of the internal combustion engine is already under test. Sports director Helmut Marko recently hinted that there are other interested parties besides Honda for a cooperation. In the meantime, a clear favorite has apparently emerged. It should be Ford.

So Honda spent all that time building a championship winning engine... To do it all over again from scratch?
Well the 2026 rules are new so everyone is doing it from scratch. Plus there will inevitably be some carryover from the engines they're currently still building for RB.

Any more word of Mick possibly picking up a reserve role? Where could he go after F1; since he apparently said he won’t be going to DTM.

Drivers and their new teams not hanging around.

De Vries being delivered to the Alpha Tauri garage is also hilarious.

Post-season test at Abu Dhabi is complete. Number on the far right is number of laps completed. Looking forward to winter testing. Hopefully Williams bring a great car for Logan. Haven't been this hyped for a Formula 1 season since 2016 when Haas first joined.

1669131062485.png

How about hosting a race in one of those top Caribbean destinations? 😁 I'm sure it would be good for tourism....to a certain extent. I know it's pretty farfetched but I'm thinking it could be a cool!

How about hosting a race in one of those top Caribbean destinations? 😁 I'm sure it would be good for tourism....to a certain extent. I know it's pretty farfetched but I'm thinking it could be a cool!
There may be a Caribbean Grand Prix on the way for 2024.

However, it'll be in Barranquilla in Colombia

From what I heard, there was no plans to replace it so we may be looking at 23 races for the year. Probably should replace it next year or have a backup ready in case China pulls out again.

confirmation

"simulator work, testing sessions and commercial activities" - good deal for Danny, he can stay involved with the latest models without having to travel to all 23 races

confirmation

"simulator work, testing sessions and commercial activities" - good deal for Danny, he can stay involved with the latest models without having to travel to all 23 races
And most likely doesn't have to deal directly with Horner or Max too, so that'll be a bonus as well.

The irony here is that car is worth a lot more money now because he drove it. But let’s break out the tiny violins for a car rental company.

The irony here is that car is worth a lot more money now because he drove it. But let’s break out the tiny violins for a car rental company.
From what I read the rental car company did come out and say that. This is for clarification for those that think this is solely the poster's view.

Last edited:
I’m assuming someone else rented it and told Lewis to do some donuts. I doubt Lewis would do that all his own with his reputation at stake.

Back