Formula 1 2022-23 Off Season and TESTING ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 331 comments
Pardon my stupid questions, but why all the fuss(es) for something that's 3 years down the road...if it even happens at all?

I feel like I missed some important announcements that are so far off in the future that it just seems like a long-term tease.

Last edited:
So... going back to how it was before this horrendous complex was added anyway?
Yes. Just to have the old problem back that nobody can follow through the two very fast right handers even in the new car generation.

Yes. Just to have the old problem back that nobody can follow through the two very fast right handers even in the new car generation.
The drivers seemed to think they'd be able to follow in the new cars.

Might as well at least try it, can't be any worse.

I may be in the minority, but I've never liked Catalunya, regardless of layout. Then again I don't like most F1 tracks - a bit too boring/sterile, particularly nowdays.

Nice to see the huge principal switch ups...be curious what comes of those. I'm almost relieved Capito left Williams. He did such a great job with VW in the WRC I wasn't sure why he'd take on something as dire as Williams F1.

I’m kind of surprised they can even afford to bankroll a PU. They have not been doing well lately.

I’m not a fan of the brand honestly, they are only good at making trucks over here.

Last edited:
I’m kind of surprised they can even afford to bankroll a PU. They have not been doing well lately.

I’m not a fan of the brand honestly, they are only good at making trucks over here.
Doing pretty well in Europe. Fiesta still seems like absolute hot cakes in the UK.

Maybe they're annoyed that Mercedes-Benz has pushed them down to 3rd place in the wins by engine table.

It's still three years out, so I imagine a number of manufacturers are going to be doing a cursory interest check in the next year or so just so they can get access to the finer details of the new regs early. Once 2026 gets close, most of them will quietly step back from the table as their beancounters tell them whether its worth the investment or not.

Last edited:
Had to wait for Seb to retire - you know he would have just ignored that rule.

Free speech ❌
Dodgy dictator / fossil fuel money :cheers:

Last edited:
Seeing how most of the new venues are in questionable locations, they might as well please the new questionable fans and sponsors. We race as one, except when we're in the desert.

I wonder how soon the FIA decides to take Russian money again and allow Mazepin to race?

I'm on the fence about it. I don't trust the FIA's judgement on what is right or wrong but I also don't like the hypocrisy shown by some of the drivers and fans.

Last edited:
I hope the drivers continue or start making statements anyway. The FIA don't have the balls to suspend a top driver and have them not appear at a GP.

Possible way forward: driver spams the FIA with requests, then lets the world know what got approved, what didn't, and where.

I hope the drivers continue or start making statements anyway. The FIA don't have the balls to suspend a top driver and have them not appear at a GP.
Would be the quickest way to lose a driver.

FIA were clearly watching the football and thought "Wait, you can just ban it? Great idea!"

I can't find anything about this quite in the rules, since no site is actually pointing out the paragraph and section in question. Maybe it's proposed, because the FIA sporting regs don't show anything different.

As an aside, Appendix 4 no longer makes makes me wonder why they changed the point system back in 2009.

ENTRY FEES FOR THE 2022 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

i) The winner of the 2021 World Championship for Constructors will be required to pay a basic fee of US$577,278 plus US$6,926 for each point gained in the 2021 World Championship for Constructors.

ii) Every other Competitor will be required to pay a basic fee of US$577,278 plus
US$5,770 for each point that the Competitor gained in the 2021 World Championship for Constructors.

In both cases the basic fee is due at the time of the application and the remainder by 10 December of the year prior to the year to which this application relates.

Last edited:
Back