Formula 1 2022-23 Off Season and TESTING ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 331 comments
FISA-FOCA War II

86e.png

Maybe we can get him to wear sliding skirts, because he's already self-leveling the sport.

FISA-FOCA War II

86e.png
Now it seems like someone went digging for an old comment he made, claiming women who think they're smarter than men "are not in truth".

Let's be honest, his views on this are likely the same and people want him gone after his valuation comment. :lol:

If he's still around come March I'll be genuinely surprised.

Red Bull teasing a new livery, which I'm sure will be exactly the same as the last 18.

Alfa Romeo will be hoping to have a well done season with Stake on board as their new title partner.

Whilst Orlen jump ship to AlphaTauri, actual new livery inbound?

Last edited:
Sport1 reports that Liberty Media are ready to sell the F1 rights.

If it goes to the desert, I'm cancelling my subscription.

A lot of nonsense stories being run by the motoring press for clicks, as they wait for the car reveals and some actual news. Silly season in full spring.

I do find it funny that people will happily ignore all the sponsorship money coming from the Middle East and keep watching, but someone from there buying the media rights is apparently the absolute final straw. I mean, they already own one of the most historic teams but we don't hear about anyone boycotting McLaren.

Sport1 reports that Liberty Media are ready to sell the F1 rights.

If it goes to the desert, I'm cancelling my subscription.
And that probably would mean a move AWAY from the hybrid era. Unless the Saudis want to hedge their bets.

Now they aren't having to suddenly include or remove elements of the Russian Flag, it looks like a livery which has been designed to fit it's elements in properly. Yes, I'm not a fan of liveries with proper colour that then decide to use big areas of black carbon, but this one's alright.

Edit: more photos added to the first post.

Last edited:
Wait, is this a livery reveal of the VF23 scheme on the VF22, or a car reveal of the VF23?

Just the livery. Their car reveal isn't until first day of testing.
Haas are doing a Shakedown at Silverstone on 11th February apparently, that will be the car reveal whether they like it or not

I'm pretty sure we'll only see Livery and Photoshop-Launches.

I just doesn't make sense under the budgetcap to show a real car with all the secrets when you're running out of budget with huge upgrades and show the world your car for the first race weeks ahead of testing. Testing ends 6 days before FP1 and is only 3 days so no time for big updates between launch, testing and racing.
Especially since marketing budgets are free from the budgetcap and you can spend as much as you want on Modelcars, Photoshop or huge presentations in New York showing a real car losing engineering time carrying it around, photoshoots, etc. would be quiet inefficent and kind of dumb.

Last edited:
Don't all F1-grade circuits already have to have on-site medical centres to get that FIA certification?
Yes and kind of no. F1 is way more focused on the nearest hospital and the helicopter instead of equal high standard medical centres on every track. Already starts with the fact that aside from the personell in the medical car all other staff is provided locally by the track/race organisers. Regarding equipment f.e. x-ray and ultrasound equipment is only recommended in F1 on track medical centres. They also have to provide staff, cardiac equipment etc. for only 2 serious casualties at a time.

Like everything else it's all free available infos on the FIA website.

Last edited:
It just feels like I am looking at the laziest effort at a livery. To my eyes it needs more colour around the sidepods and engine cover.
Or even a lighter shade of black on the lower half.

The 2009 Brawn looked quicker standing still with next to no sponsors.

I hope a few more sign up to back this team and inject a bit of oomph into the colour scheme.

I blame millenials. It's the F1 marketing team's equivalent of a gender reveal party.
  • You will not post or link to content that is obscene or sexually oriented.
  • You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.
  • You will not use the forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.
I feel this one is relevant as well. Somehow. :lol:

• You will not use the forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, pirated commercial multimedia files, “cracks”, or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer software or systems.

Latest Posts

Back