Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio De España 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 175 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The Circuit de Catalunya has been on the F1 calendar since 1991 and enters a new era of layouts, with a remodelled Turns 10 and 11 hoping to improve racing at the circuit which finds overtaking at a premium. Round 4 of the season, and only the second one which was on the original calendar, Spain will welcome 1000 spectators into the circuit to watch the race in the fourth chapter of the enthralling "Hamilton vs Verstappen" battle. Which team and driver will come out on top this weekend? We'll find out at the SPANISH GRAND PRIX!
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.675km

Race Distance
308.424 km

Lap Record
n/a (new layout)

Last edited:
I’ll still have the race on since there’s nothing else to watch on Sunday mornings. Not sure how close I’ll actually pay attention though.

Qualifying will at least be interesting considering Red Bull and Mercedes seem fairly close plus the midfield is always a toss up.

Qualifying will at least be interesting considering Red Bull and Mercedes seem fairly close plus the midfield is always a toss up.

When this track suits Red Bull it suits them very well. I just feel that the Mercs still have the straight line edge, this race will be down to how will the DRS zone placements have been judged, imo.

Mazepin is so out of his depth that it isn't funny.

Is it the style of his spins or the frequency of them? To me the greater danger is still his awareness of other cars even when you'd think their presence would be aurally/visually unmistakeable.

After four rounds, here's everyone's average gap to pole:

Hamilton: 0.097
Verstappen: 0.201
Bottas: 0.343
Leclerc: 0.645
Norris: 0.688
Perez: 0.807
Gasly: 0.879
Sainz: 0.932
Ricciardo: 1.024
Ocon: 1.223
Alonso: 1.312
Stroll: 1.402
Russell: 1.504
Giovinazzi: 1.571
Vettel: 1.596
Tsunoda: 1.642
Raikkonen: 1.940
Latifi: 2.229
Schumacher: 2.545
Mazepin: 3.168

A lot of people giving Bottas some stick for his performances, but truth be told, he's doing a better #2 job than Perez since the season started.
I was also surprised to see the time gap between Verstappen and Perez during this Q3. Maybe because he missed the first attempt and he had to play it save with one left? Hopefully they can both be competitive at the from and 'disturb' the Mercedes strategies to spice up the top four? High hopes maybe to see a more spectacular Barcelona GP (and not another snooze train fiesta)

Edit: It became clear that Perez is suffering a shoulder injury

Last edited:
Mazepin's been given a three-place penalty for blocking Norris in Q1 and so has been demoted from last to last.

More importantly, he's been given another penalty point.

Apparently Tsunoda has been making some comments that he might be given a "different" car than Gasly. Not a great thing to say as a rookie 4 races in. Clearly the good drive in Bahrain is starting to get in his head now and he's just overdriving the car and expecting too much too soon.

Also, the last 3 races + this quali have shown Mercedes doing pretty well across 4 completely different tracks & conditions. If Lewis walks away on Sunday we can be pretty confident that Merc got on top of their pre season gremlins. Not a great outlook for the championship.

Congrats to Hamilton on a staggering 100th pole.

All the Alpines, Ferraris, and McLarens made it to Q3? Nice. Should be a good fight!

Mazepin's been given a three-place penalty for blocking Norris in Q1 and so has been demoted from last to last.
I think Mazepin had to pass two slower cars and also he - like Lando - was going fast. Mazepin was preparing for his fast lap. Could he avoid this?
Despite his performance (of maybe non-performance) this season I'm not so sure about this specific incident?

Back