Formula 1 Aramco Großer Preis Der Eifel 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 214 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Named after the mountain range the circuit sits in, the Eifel Grand Prix will be the 4th title of a Grand Prix run at the Nürburgring, as the German circuit makes a welcome return to the F1 calendar for the first time since it pretty much went bankrupt in 2013. After a pretty dull Russian Grand Prix, the return to a scenic, high-speed and undulating circuit with history like the Nürburgring is a welcome change for F1 fans as we get to see the cars on this brilliant circuit. Overtaking is possible all over the track, with battle likely to last for many corners, so if cars get close, it could be extremely entertaining. Throw in it being October, and the "German Siberia" could throw up weather conditions we're not used to seeing F1 cars race in. This return may end up being a one-off, so enjoy it while it lasts as we get ready for the EIFEL GRAND PRIX!
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.148km

Race Distance
308.617 km

Lap Record
1:29.468 - Michael Schumacher (2004)

Last edited:
Here's Ollie Williams with the weather...

IT'S GONNA BE COLD!

Seriously though, this is going to be the chilliest GP for a long time, around 8 degrees celcius on Saturday and Sunday with a chance of showers.

Sadly it probably means Mercedes are going to walk it without having to worry about cooling issues. All teams are going to struggle for tyre temperature though, don't think we're going to be seeing any crawling out laps this weekend.

I don't want wet races anymore, because they're no longer races, just safety cars and red flags galore. People have dreams of snow but don't think for a second the stewards will let anyone on track if it does. Still, graining, greasy tyres should make things a bit different.

Definitely not cold enough for snow, and hopefully any rain is just light showers. Heavy rain at Nurburgring is just un-driveable.

I hope for a dry track on Friday, just to see the pace these cars can achieve. I like the GP venue's flow so much, and I think this year's cars can make it so enjoyable to watch.

Nice to see this iconic track back. One of my favorites ever. But it seem it will be a little slippery.

4i5dfv.jpg

Last edited:
I just hope that they allow the cars to race in the wet, I'm sick of modern F1s treatment of races when they see a little drizzle.

:ill:

View attachment 963557

Meanwhile, Lewis appears to have disguised himself as a bag of chips.
I stood up for Lewis' last outfit - the "my shirt has taken over my outfit" looks, but man, this one is bad. He might have pulled off the really weird shirt and trousers suit thing but the day-glo beanie really bathes the whole thing in a deep layer of tacky.

I like Lewis but he purposefully acquired and wore those clothes so, I don't know, man, is he human? Like can we be sure?

The session has started, but because the medical helicopter can't fly the pit lane is closed until at least 11:30. There's no F2 or F3 so you'd think they'd have the flexibility to push the session back by 30 minutes, at this rate Schumacher and Ilott won't get any track time at all.

Last edited:
I stood up for Lewis' last outfit - the "my shirt has taken over my outfit" looks, but man, this one is bad. He might have pulled off the really weird shirt and trousers suit thing but the day-glo beanie really bathes the whole thing in a deep layer of tacky.

I like Lewis but he purposefully acquired and wore those clothes so, I don't know, man, is he human? Like can we be sure?
I wouldn't be surprised if he is being paid by Christian Dior to wear it. Well, either Christian Dior or Harry Ramsden.

-

Going to be an interesting weekend, not least because of the chilly temperatures. Might have to think about watching this one live.

Last edited:
I just read that the teams only have three sets of Extreme Wet tyres per car? Did somebody forget to look at the month/location?

EDIT: And that's it, what a massive disappointment for the young Schumacher, but the less track time the teams get before quali the better the spectacle might be.

Last edited:
I just read that the teams only have three sets of Extreme Wet tyres per car? Did somebody forget to look at the month/location?

That's normal allocation, and specified by the FIA/FOA. It is utterly daft that no one thought to increase this, but so was having a German GP in October....

Interesting discussion from the Sky team about having a spec engine and allowing the engine manufacturers to develop their own ERS systems got me thinking. If you want to do the best, you could either go for a spec 2.4l turbo'd V6 with the manufacturers developing an MGU-K and scrap the MGU-H (which has no place in a road car), or how about allowing the manufacturers to develop the 1.6l turbo engines and keep a spec MGU-K system and MGU-H; this way, there's more to develop in the ICE for road car use.

From what I understand, the development of the MGU-H is by far and away the most expensive and complicated part of the entire PU, so by removing this from the development costs, it becomes more attractive to other PU manufacturers - something we desperately need before the unwinnable DTM-style arms war becomes untenable for everyone.

Last edited:
Extreme wets shouldn't even be needed this weekend, the only forecast for rain is light showers, nothing heavy.

Plus they are saving the tires anyway. No driving in fp2 also for the first 30 min (at least)

i like it, less data usually provide better races

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that Ilott and Schumacher didn't get to run this morning, but now I'm hoping we get nothing for FP2 as well. If FP3 is a washout too then qualifying will be the first running for everyone. Though I fear if it gets to that point they may just cancel the race lest the drivers not go in having scanned the entire track with a fine toothcomb.

I'm disappointed that Ilott and Schumacher didn't get to run this morning, but now I'm hoping we get nothing for FP2 as well. If FP3 is a washout too then qualifying will be the first running for everyone. Though I fear if it gets to that point they may just cancel the race lest the drivers not go in having scanned the entire track with a fine toothcomb.

FP3 should be fine, things are forecast to be much better tomorrow, even a bit of sun.

EDIT: Latest forecasts are showing sunny intervals and a low chance of any rain at all. Clear, dry and cold rest of the weekend, essentially.

Last edited:
In half an hour, there is a Full Race replay of the 2011 German Grand Prix on the F1 Youtube Channel to make up for no track action today.

Plus, this whole weekend is live on Youtube in certain European countries, so that might also be part of the reason this is happening.

If the situation gets too bad to drive with F1 cars, I'd love for them to have a go in identical road cars, 1984 style. Not gonna happen though.

Also a single practice session before quali should be the norm. Overpractice and too much data is a big contributor to boring races. Not gonna happen either because of potential lost ticket sales on Friday.

Last edited:
A new medical evacuation plan has been formed. A staging point with better weather will be used about 5 mins away from the track. Casualties will go by road ambulance to there and then on to the nominated medical facility by helicopter. F1 are confident that this will keep them within the 20 minute scene-to-hospital requirement even if the weather at the circuit is too bad for the helicopter to operate there.

Last edited:
Stroll is unwell (they haven't said what with) so he's absent from FP3 and possibly qualifying. Huelkenberg is apparently in Cologne if Racing Point need to bring him in last-minute.

EDIT: And Vettel's just got his first spin of the weekend in.

Last edited:
Back