Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Der Steiermark 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 203 comments
Shame that Perez can't get to Bottas.
It's the usual problem, need a big pace advantage and it's not there. Pretty much all overtakes this race have been by cars with big performance gaps.

Norris must be getting very bored in his races, comfortably best of the race with no challenge.

Most races are fairly dull so I've accepted that. You need special conditions like rain or a jumbled up grid which we don't have

I'm glad I chose to batch cook this week's dinners whilst the race is on. I'd hate to think this last hour would've been wasted otherwise.

Without trying to sound dramatic, beginning of the end for a tight championship battle in my opinion.

Also RB knowing how to take a point off a rival by pitting Perez unlike Merc with Bottas last week. Will be impressive if they pull this off and end up taking Bottas.

Man, Ferrari really bouncing back. Commentators said McLaren were racing their race against Ferrari, Danny hasn’t seemed to do them any favors.

I bet Pierre Gasly doesn't share that sentiment
Yeah I always find it odd when a driver who drops down the field through their own mistake then catches back up gets DOTD.

Although I suppose in this race there isn't really anyone else to vote for.

How has Mazepin lost 40 seconds to Schumacher again? He was running with him for most of the race

Hamilton nabbed fastest lap as a consolation prize, but Mercedes was not catching Verstappen.

Well, when it comes to good races, we can't all be winners. Can't have good races without bad ones and all that. Even MotoGP had an unremarkable race by its own lofty standards today so, yeah.
At least this increases the possibility of the most feelgood title win for years.

I bet Pierre Gasly doesn't share that sentiment
I can appreciate that.....but then again, while all the drivers did put on a show, he is the only driver who made up positions while coming from the back of the field. For me, watching his overtakes were the only redeeming factor of this otherwise very boring race.

Welp, that was a race. Congrats to Max and RBR for the win. Some squilly lines to top it off. Considering how well RBR have been doing recently, the next 2 races will imo be a make-or-break time for Mercedes, as Red Bull are building up a decent gap, to the point where at least the WCC might be decided relatively early.

Otherwise definitely a highly undramatic race. Biggest losers were sadly Ricciardo and Russell.

So glad I can record the 90 minute races and then fast forward through the boring parts. Took me <10 minutes to watch the 3-5 minutes of 'action'.

Back