Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 213 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 heads to the Red Bull Ring for the first of its two Grand Prixs this year, but it's holding it after this time. After hosting the first ever Double-Header in Formula 1 history, the Red Bull Ring is hosting its second Double-Header in a season where that is not needed any more. The Styrian Grand Prix last week was the first race this year, so therefore the Austrian Grand Prix can still be held on its original date. Off the back of a pretty dire Styrian Grand Prix, we return to Red Bull and hope weather and/or softer tyres will liven things up. The Hamilton vs Verstappen dogfight is living up to the hype, even if it is being fought between the strategists at the moment. Neither driver has taken it too far yet and they're both respecting the fight ahead of them. Red Bull have won 4 races in a row, so can Mercedes fight back? Who knows, but we'll find out at the AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX!
1624471826877.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.318km

Race Distance
306.452 km

Lap Record
1:05.619 Carlos Sainz (2020)​

Last edited:
Formula 1 heads to the Red Bull Ring for the first of its two Grand Prixs this year, but it's holding it after this time. After hosting the first ever Double-Header in Formula 1 history, the Red Bull Ring is hosting its second Double-Header in a season where that is not needed any more. The Styrian Grand Prix last week was the first race this year, so therefore the Austrian Grand Prix can still be held on its original date.
Are you alright bud? Do you want a little lie down? Can I get you a nice cup of tea and then maybe you can just mong out to some Snow Patrol? :P

I'm hoping this won't be a complete repeat of last week's snoozefest, except for Lando, I'd be quite happy to see him bang in another solid 5th place without too many questions being asked of us in the strategy. I'm not entirely optimistic the tyre compound will make the difference though - unless something disrupts the Dutchman's perfect momentum, I fear we may be in for a bit of a deja vu weekend.

Are you alright bud? Do you want a little lie down? Can I get you a nice cup of tea and then maybe you can just mong out to some Snow Patrol? 😛

I'm hoping this won't be a complete repeat of last week's snoozefest, except for Lando, I'd be quite happy to see him bang in another solid 5th place without too many questions being asked of us in the strategy. I'm not entirely optimistic the tyre compound will make the difference though - unless something disrupts the Dutchman's perfect momentum, I fear we may be in for a bit of a deja vu weekend.
In Austria, 2 comes before 1.

While it would be nice to perhaps see a track run in reverse, I think some of the information gleaned from last week will help teams improve.

If Lewis manages to win this, there's every chance he'll get his 100th win at Silverstone.

Last edited:
Räikkönen shows his displeasure at having to swerve to avoid a slowing Mazepin entering the pits:

20210702_115744.jpg

To be fair to Mazepin on that one it's a result of the pit lane entrance being awkwardly on the racing line apex.

He did clumsily get in the way of HAM though.

Last edited:
it's a result of the pit lane entrance being awkwardly on the racing line apex.
True. I wasn't criticising but Räikkönen clearly felt strongly about his view of it.

So Monaco is still the only weekend Mazepin didn't spin at. This is getting beyond a joke now.

I always look forward to Hamilton’s fashion statement before fp1. Hopefully he’s not paying for these outfits.
I'm guessing it was sent to him as a gift. Lewis has been hanging around fashion designers a lot over the past few years, I'm sure (& others probably have the same assumption) that's the industry he goes into once he retires.

Sadly the weather forecast isn't offering up a high chance of rain for the race. I hope something dramatic or unexpected happens this weekend to make it entertaining. If it goes as expected it will be awesome for the dutch fans in attendance this weekend just the tonic for them after the dreadful year we've all had. It seems that Max has got the "good package" at the right moment in his career lets see if he can capitalise while the goings good. The Mercs are unpredictable and just a few degrees difference in track temperature or changes to tyre compound could bring them straight back into the mix. Im feenin for some good wheel to wheel action between Lewis and Max, not sure if we will get it...

Im keen to see George Russell have a good weekend, he was really unlucky with his power unit last time out... There's been a quote from Bottas that he will definitely have "Mercedes powered" drive next year, which leaves the door open for a Russell / Bottas swap around... George Vs Lewis is quite a mouth watering prospect to me, many of the old guard have struggled against the quality young drivers coming through. Im delighted Lewis is confirmed for two years more, the question is who will be with him?

More dumbness from the FIA in the F3 race. It's like they forgot all about Jules and other reasons the VSC was brought in and we've gone back to the "it's off the racing line, it'll be fine under yellows" of the 90s.

Spoiler in case you want to watch the race.

The VSC did come out shortly after this clip ends, but that would've been too late for the driver on the track if anything went wrong.

Last edited:
To give an idea of how fast the cars are now, Mazepin's time is a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton's Q2 time from 2016.

It's annoying watching Ricciardo struggles so much to get that McLaren working. Especially when you see what Norris is doing with it cause it seems to be quick. If he could get up to speed, I'm sure that battle with the Ferrari would be even more intense.

Feel bad for Alonso there, I think Seb might be getting a birthday present from the stewards... get in there george!

Last edited:
Yeah, Alonso got screwed there. With the field so close, he loses a few positions.

edit: woah boy, that reaction

Last edited:
Back