Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 213 comments
Better race than last weekend for the battles down the field but another non-event at the front. These Mercedes updates better be good.

Last edited:
Not a bad Sunday.

Still always good to see a Honda on the top step, even if I'm not a Max fan.

Great drive by Norris! Ricciardo was a rockstar for keeping the Ferraris at bay as long as he did. Almost kept Sainz behind. Nice points haul today, though.

Surprised and pleased that Merc let Bottas free.

Except for Tsunoda having those brainfarts, I lost track of the AlphaTauris. Stop making Gasly do all the heavy lifting, bro.

Heartbroken for Russell.

I liked the race even though Max killed it. Alonso and Russel showed how good the racing can be when the guys aren’t forcing each other off track. All three penalties given out for this were fully deserved. I hope this sets a precedent for future races but I doubt it.

Ready for indycar now.

Last edited:
Pretty sure they wouldn't have won in 2009 with the unreliable und underpowered Honda engine instead of the Merc one. Not sure why becoming champions is always considered the outcome if Honda had stayed in 2009.
Was a big Honda and Jenson fan back than. My flag from this era still hangs in my gaming room with a picture of Jensons car from the win in Hungary and my Teamshirt in black/white/red and that beige/green spots. I even had the privilege to visit the factory in Brackley in 07 or 08. But I never thought they would've won this 2009 championship as Honda instead of Brawn-Merc.

Pretty sure they wouldn't have won in 2009 with the unreliable und underpowered Honda engine instead of the Merc one. Not sure why becoming champions is always considered the outcome if Honda had stayed in 2009.
Was a big Honda and Jenson fan back than. My flag from this era still hangs in my gaming room with a picture of Jensons car from the win in Hungary and my Teamshirt in black/white/red and that beige/green spots. I even had the privilege to visit the factory in Brackley in 07 or 08. But I never thought they would've won this 2009 championship as Honda instead of Brawn-Merc.
Should have clarified, I was talking about winning this year as an engine supplier.

2d3qzm2zm7971.jpg

SJXKSWv.jpg

VqGCnNP.jpg

Must feel good for Max (and Lando lol)

Last edited:
Stewards are investigating Vettel and Raikkonen for their crash, and Sainz, Perez, Ricciardo, Leclerc, Gasly, Giovinazzi, Latifi, and the consent dodger for failing to slow past the crash...

... AND Russell and Raikkonen again for a turn four incident.

11 drivers in total under investigation!

Stewards are investigating Vettel and Raikkonen for their crash, and Sainz, Perez, Ricciardo, Leclerc, Gasly, Giovinazzi, Latifi, and the consent dodger for failing to slow past the crash...

Wouldn't it just be Russell's luck if someone ahead of him got a penalty sufficient to promote him into the points, only to then also receive a penalty himself that puts him back into 11th??

They seem to be having fun penalizing everyone today.

Considering that's more drivers being investigated over a specific incident than can be counted on one hand, a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to at their next meeting? That seems to be the modus operandi for mass infringements anyway...

Where did this European love of smoke flares come from? As soon as kids learn to walk they're taught how to pop a smoke flare? Or maybe before they can walk.

Seems only Latifi and Mazepin got punished.

2d3qzm2zm7971.jpg

SJXKSWv.jpg

VqGCnNP.jpg

Must feel good for Max (and Lando lol)
The Dutch GP is going to be fun.

Also, it's time to sack the stewards! Let people race! If someone tries to make a risky move around the outside and goes off the track, don't penalize the guy on the inside!

Last edited:
Where did this European love of smoke flares come from? As soon as kids learn to walk they're taught how to pop a smoke flare? Or maybe before they can walk.
I'm amazed they're allowed since the smoke kept drifting across the track!

I'm a happy McLaren fan today, very happy. If Ricciardo keeps making me look like a nob for panicking on a Saturday I'll continue giving him the nod. If he can get his head around getting the Q pace out of the car, we will be in fine shape.

With a Verstappen DNF and a sub-par race for MB, the drought can end this year. I have now officially doomed the season.

If anything, it highlights how inconsistent and unreliable Bottas has been through the season - two good races of late may not be enough to save him. Ultra-consistency from Norris, but then we knew that.

I guess it was a better race than the Styrian Snoozefest. Great to see Lando do some proper work, but I'm sad we're not getting a proper Max/Hamilton fight. Instead of Red Bull catching up...Mercedes Benz just kind of fell off a cliff. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to find a track where Lando can actually put some pressure on Max for some kind of actual racing.

Last edited:
Back