Formula 1 DHL Turkish Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 316 comments
Great racing spectacle today from start to finish. I'm pleased for Perez, Vettel and Leclerc especially.

Last edited:
What a joke. The only guy who deserved a podium was Perez.
tenor.gif

Hamilton is such a nice guy, trying to make it sound like the sack of potatoes known as Bottas could have caught him in the points if he had a bad stop. :lol:

The second time for the force india/racing point team they get a pole position but only a 2nd place.

Congratulations Lewis Hamilton!

Last edited:
I thought so too, but the numbers at the bases were correct. :confused:

ninjaedit: Nevermind... I need sleep. :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, what a race. No one else mattered other than Lewis today. That is a drive of godly status. The way he controlled those Inters...man totally deserved that 7th title.

I grew up watching Michael so he will always be my hero, but I can't deny Lewis has his own aura as well. I was actually watching his first race (Melbourne 2007) live. I remember that overtake round the outside of Fernando on T1, and sitting on the last corner I saw him waving to the crowd after the finish going into the pits. He was pumping his hands, looking really happy under that yellow helmet. I never could imagine 13 years later, that he would match Michael. I'm glad he does it, because his skills totally deserves it 👍

Even though I wasn't expecting Stroll to win this race but I gotta say, I do feel sorry for him. I had projected Max to be the winner since the Merc seems like they were nowhere in terms of pace but he just went and pulled a move that had he been a bit more patient would have probably had a different outcome.

It was good to see the old heads use their experience today and come out on top, there was some naivety in the younger drivers particularly Lance and Max they just cant seem to think a long game... Sadly I think Alex is a goner... If Sergio doesnt get a drive next year it would be a crime...

Last edited:
Haven't done one of these for a while...

Hamilton: I'm not exactly his biggest fan, I haven't been an outright supporter of his since 2008, and I was pretty pissed off when he took the lead, but he made almost no mistakes throughout the race. I'm not gonna deny the mastery we're seeing just because I don't like the guy, though I'd probably be a little more enthusiastic if he hadn't won nine races already this year. We've gone from saying on Friday and Saturday that they can't get the tyres to work at all and he goes from being 30 seconds behind Stroll to over a minute ahead at the end, essentially by turning them into slicks. There is clearly even more to that car than meets the eye. A+

Perez: Really strong drive, no errors, but last year's Mercedes is not going to win against this year's Mercedes. How we could end up with Latifi and Mazepin on the grid next year but not Perez is beyond me. A+

Vettel: My driver of the day, this is the Vettel of old that I love! Like Hamilton he clearly excels in conditions like this; China 2007, Monza 2008, Brazil 2012 and Germany 2019 back that up. He needs to show he still has it, next year can't come soon enough! A+

Leclerc: Basically nowhere in the first half of the race, but then his pace ballooned all over the place but he kept making rookie errors at costly moments. B

Sainz
: Made a fantastic climb through the field. A

Verstappen
: He really shouldn't be making these many mistakes at this stage of his career, pace was generally good but lacks in patience which gave him all those spins. B

Albon
: His spins and errors are somewhat numbed by his teammate doing the same thing. He wasn't miles behind, but could've been miles ahead. He's lost his seat, and I'm not massively bothered by that. Red Bull need both drivers pushing Mercedes, give it to Perez or Huelkenberg. B

Norris
: Like Sainz he climbed well but just a bit slower. B

Stroll
: Oh dear. Did everything right at the start, but clearly lost his mojo after pitting when you see the difference between him and Perez. He went to hero to zero and hasn't really improved his reputation much for me. B

Ricciardo
: Nice balletics. D

Ocon
: Also nice balletics: D

Kyvat
: Meh. C

Gasly
: My provisional driver of the season, but also meh. C

Bottas
: GTFO out of Formula 1. F

Raikkonen
: Quali was great, the race not so much. D

Russell
: He went really deep on the inters but was just not competitive. D

Magnussen
: I didn't expect them to get him gooing again after almost losing a wheel in the pi, not that it mattered if he finished or not. He started well but te car is just too slow. C

Grosjean
: Another spintastic driver: E

Latifi
: Within ten laps Latifi was almost a lap behind without having pitted. He doesn't deserve his seat next year, but y'know, money. F

Giovinazzi
: Alfa Romeo had a great Saturday. He didn't last long but probably wouldn't been somewhere near Raikkonen. D

Thank you to F1 for showing that we can still have wet races that aren't ruined by safety cars and red flags. Every substitute track this year deserves a place on the calendar next year. But no, we have to waste our time in Sochi and Saudi Arabia instead.

Commentators have made note of it before, Lewis is just an absolute master at tire management in an era where that's such a major factor to the series.

One thing I found really questionable today was the stewards leaving the MV pit entry violation investigation go until after the race. In a comparable wet race at hockenheim they penalised Lewis straight away... definitely some inconsistencies there either he violated the rule or didnt its not like a racing incident which requires more consideration either...

One thing I found really questionable today was the stewards leaving the MV pit entry violation investigation go until after the race. In a comparable wet race at hockenheim they penalised Lewis straight away... definitely some inconsistencies there either he violated the rule or didnt its not like a racing incident which requires more consideration either...
I really dislike it when they leave such black and white infractions to after the race. I can understand doing it when they need to deliberate over a really complicated incident but something that is either he did or didn't should be dealt with as quickly as possible.

I'm not a Lewis fan by any stretch of the imagination and I thought I was a poor sport about it. Seems like some people should stop watching F1 (or commenting on forums about it) if seeing his continual success causes them so much anguish and anger.

Well they've dealt with it for 6 straight years if there's any excuse for their behavior

Back