Formula 1 DHL Turkish Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 316 comments
I'm a Lewis fan but I don't need to see any more evidence to call Lewis the GOAT.

Great drive from Vettel, his experience showing. Only reason I'd give Hamilton DOTD over him is Vettel not rejecting the team call to pit him. Leclerc with the new tyres was going quicker but he was in a totally different race at the time.

Everyone else, apart from Perez, looked very ordinary. Poor from Stroll and Max.

@Frank McGank your posts here are pathetic. I only wish I could you ignore you when I'm not logged in. God clicking his fingers to give Lewis more grip? :lol: Delusional.

Last edited:
My driver of the day is Vettel. He didn't put a single foot wrong, improved 10 spots, and had a rocket start. Imagine if he had a better car... like a Racing Point? Oh wait... :D

My driver of the day is Vettel. He didn't put a single foot wrong, improved 10 spots, and had a rocket start. Imagine if he had a better car... like a Racing Point? Oh wait... :D
Stroll would have been had he won the race... Checo HAS an argument since he stayed in 2nd place almost the entire race.... LeClerc nearly could have bagged it had he stayed in front of Perez (or Vettel, for that matter).

Ah. Repeated history. First Schumacher, then Vettel, now Hamilton. Expected the responses.

Congrats to them though.

Alsp poor Stroll got way too much hate. Holy ****.

Well they've dealt with it for 6 straight years if there's any excuse for their behavior

To be fair, and I've said this before in the past, Mercedes and Hamilton have been playing by the same rulebook as everyone else for quite a while now. Hell, the FIA has on numerous occasions altered the rulebook in an effort to slow down Mercedes. Despite this, Mercedes consistently put in their best personell and resources, are shown to be probably the hardest workers on the grid, and as such get the best results each race weekend. And that's while being part of a grid that I would consider exponentially more competitive than what was seen during the Schumacher era. If detractors truly "have" to get mad at somebody, perhaps they should be upset with the other teams for not being up to snuff (particularly Ferrari and RBR).

The phrase "don't hate the player, hate the game" springs to mind.

In any case, congrats to Hamilton for his 7th title. Truly a remarkable achievement, and it's been awesome seeing history being written this year. Gutted for Leclerc, though. One unfortunate lock-up on the last lap cost him the podium. :indiff:

Last edited:
Beautiful race :D Great race for Lewis to win the 7th championship 👍

That was a great display of skill especially from the top 10. Even Albon had a good drive. Stroll dropped off at the end, but it seemed like he couldn't make the tires work after the change. I was expecting Albon and Vettel to perhaps have a drive similar to Bottas, but they proved or re-proved their worth.

Massive fail from boat-as. He couldn't make the tires work. He couldn't make the throttle work. That's something that Lewis always has on Bottas. He manages his tires better and can make them last longer.

Binotto is not with the team, both Ferraris in podium contention... Coincidence? :lol:

Hamilton is really on another planet as far as talent goes... 52 laps old inters and he still wins by 30 seconds. Absolutely ridiculous, in the best possible way.

What a way to win his 7th title for Lewis. Easily driver of the day for me.

I wonder if for 2021 we can petition to give Bottas seat to Max as a one off before the 2022 regs. We might not ever see them really go at it on similar hardware as well before he retires but really I'd just like to see it for 2021's sake.

#GiveBottasSeatToMax

To those who'd unseat Bottas today I say; good luck finding anyone who will do better.

Lewis is in a form such as we have never seen. He absolutely cannot be written off in nearly any situation. Today's win proved his mastery and his perfect approach to the race weekend. He hasn't allowed himself to be complacent or celebrate little victories. You could see it all spilling out as he drove to the podium. A beautiful moment.

Bottas is the compliant teammate Mercedes' approach demands. They were burned by the nastiness of Rosberg/Hamilton and they're locked into this way of doing things. Now they have another constructor's and driver's title to show for it.

Bottas gives them continuity and certainty. What MB are best suited to do now is follow the old adage - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With all that said, if Perez has no seat next year, we riot, right?

It was such a weird race in terms of how the track surface and tires were working, but it was also fun to watch.

That was one of Hamilton’s best wins, he won in style.

Last edited:
It was such a weird race in terms of how the track surface and tires were working, but it was also fun to watch.

That was one of Hamilton’s best wins, he won in style.

It was a "sliding" scale today higher downforce won out early in the wet providing extra grip, but the same extra downforce became a hinderance as the track dried and the tyre wear was greater. The Mercs clearly are designed around optimum tyre loads/heat for duration and this only came to the fore as the track dried and the inters warmed up... The difference between Valteri and Lewis seems to be down to adaptive driving skills... Lewis' internal gyroscope is honed to such a degree that he could take the maximum out of the continually changing variables whereas Valteri was spinning regularly as the conditions changed. I loved the way the more experienced drivers got to show their cunning today, unlike poor Max who let his emotions blind him yet again stabbing away at his pedals in frustration. Whether you like Lewis or not his zen like calm is something to be admired it allows him to objectively react to everything around him, and achieve the best outcomes...

I wanted to see someone else win - it would've capped off an absolute classic but of course that wasn't to be. The momentum was constantly swinging, which made the race extremely engaging to watch. Soo many drivers were in contention to pull off something special, but none were able to capitalize like Hamilton did. He drove away from the field and made the tyres work, contrary to what most of us were thinking at the time. Call it cheating, call it luck, WHATEVER - I don't care. The results speak for themselves and we cannot take that away. The best drivers always succeed no matter what hurdles, prejudices, concerns, issues and anxieties face them. In fact the most successful people in life do the same thing. They put all their stresses behind them and get on with it. Hamilton has had his fair share of trials and tribulations, but he never sits on it, never rests and never gives up. Neither does his team. That is something to admire and respect.

Sidenote: If it wasn't for Niki Lauda convincing Hamilton to join Mercedes, his career could've been very different. Thanks to him, Hamilton is a 7 time champion.

Interesting fact:

Lance Stroll has led more laps than Max Verstappen in 2020.
https://www.statsf1.com/en/2020/stats-tour-en-tete.aspx

My opinion of Lance definitely went up as a result of this Grand Prix. Yes, he made a mess of his 2nd set of tires. But he showed speed, judgment and car control under pressure. I've got to think he has the intelligence and capacity to learn and improve. I now look forward to following his career more closely.

Back