FORMULA 1 Emirats grosser preis von Deutschland 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 350 comments
I guess "the hate" comes from the extreme arrogance that Hamilton puts on display, and his team boss does a great job on being second best arrogant in the team. Remember "the hunger" interview when he gave the reasons why he would win against Nico Rosberg? This hunger came from someone who dates Pussycat members, swims in money and records his own music in a state of the art home studio..? The Mercedes team and Hamilton seems so entitled to winning that it is natural to want to see them fail. The only seem likeable and approachable when the PR team has done their job..

Now that being said, i think that Hamilton has issues, not surprising since he hardly had any chance to live anything close to a normal life. And i am pretty certain that somewhere in there behind his defensive arrogance is a guy that can be a cool guy... The difference to Rosberg is spectacular, Rosberg does commentary with the german tv station RTL, he is relaxed and a cool dude, totally in balance with himself, today he met Hamilton, but Hamilton didn't "see him". He ignored him and looked the other way and try to avoid him :)
[/MEDIA]

You say arrogance, I say it is all a matter of personal perception and/or what people don't like about him or his personal life choices. For me, I could care less about the personal life of the drivers because what I'm watching is Formula 1 Racing, so whatever happens on the track is the only thing I care about. Am I entertained, was the racing good, was it another processional race, did the drivers put on a good show, is F1 going downhill or is it still exciting?????? That's all that matters to me.

Also, as far as I can recall, every top drivers on that grid has displayed that "extreme arrogance" you mentioned in some way or another. When Vettel was winning left and right, he's had his moments. Same can be said for Kimi and Alonso at diverse point of their career. Heck, you mentioned Rosberg, I'd even put him in there too (especially when things were getting very heated between him and Lewis), he's not racing in F1 anymore so it's very understandable for him to be relaxed and cool. I don't recall seeing him like that when he used to race against Lewis, maybe in the instances where he won. People seems to be OK with it coming from those guys (nah it's just an emotional outburst) but they can't stomach it coming from Lewis.

In any case, everyone is entitled to their opinions and I'm in no position to tell people who they can and can't hate. All I'm saying is that, FANS OF THE SPORT, regardless of who you support, like or hate should give the drivers the credits where credits are due instead of downplaying (it's the car, it's a top team with tons of money, it's this or that) their achievements because they "hate" them. I'm not a fan of Lewis but for once in the last 3 years I actually want him to win this season just because of that.

This hunger came from someone who dates Pussycat members, swims in money and records his own music in a state of the art home studio..?

Yes, I'm quite jealous too, hopefully I control it more than you :D

Which part of "loads of money, playboy lifestyle, expensive hobbies" do you think is historically the most unusual for an F1 driver?

Their excuse was that it was under the Safety Car....

REALLY?! :censored:ING REALLY?!
Which is a reasonable aspect to bring up. There was no incident in that corner and cars would be going much more slowly. Therefore, the risk of him doing so was reduced.

Question I keep asking any time someone online or in reality, so vigorously bashes an athlete to an almost sickening level.

Same here....I was totally speechless after seeing some comments on twitter about Lewis yesterday after his car failed during qualifying. Simply unbelievable!!

Yes, I'm quite jealous too, hopefully I control it more than you :D

Which part of "loads of money, playboy lifestyle, expensive hobbies" do you think is historically the most unusual for an F1 driver?

What? Who talks about jealous Take your ****** troll **** somewhere else

Which is a reasonable aspect to bring up. There was no incident in that corner and cars would be going much more slowly. Therefore, the risk of him doing so was reduced.
The only risk would have been if there was a car coming through the final corner as Hamilton re-entered the track.

You say arrogance, I say it is all a matter of personal perception and/or what people don't like about him or his personal life choices. For me, I could care less about the personal life of the drivers because what I'm watching is Formula 1 Racing, so whatever happens on the track is the only thing I care about. Am I entertained, was the racing good, was it another processional race, did the drivers put on a good show, is F1 going downhill or is it still exciting?????? That's all that matters to me.

Also, as far as I can recall, every top drivers on that grid has displayed that "extreme arrogance" you mentioned in some way or another. When Vettel was winning left and right, he's had his moments. Same can be said for Kimi and Alonso at diverse point of their career. Heck, you mentioned Rosberg, I'd even put him in there too (especially when things were getting very heated between him and Lewis), he's not racing in F1 anymore so it's very understandable for him to be relaxed and cool. I don't recall seeing him like that when he used to race against Lewis, maybe in the instances where he won. People seems to be OK with it coming from those guys (nah it's just an emotional outburst) but they can't stomach it coming from Lewis.

In any case, everyone is entitled to their opinions and I'm in no position to tell people who they can and can't hate. All I'm saying is that, FANS OF THE SPORT, regardless of who you support, like or hate should give the drivers the credits where credits are due instead of downplaying (it's the car, it's a top team with tons of money, it's this or that) their achievements because they "hate" them. I'm not a fan of Lewis but for once in the last 3 years I actually want him to win this season just because of that.

I am not invested in any special drivers this season or for many seasons. That stopped with Alesi and to some extent Schumacher. I hope Magnussen delivers and I would rather want Ferrari to win than Mercedes. But I never found vettel to be especially cool or likeable, he does seem different this season, maybe something changed.

You seem very angry. I imagine you're absolutely fuming after Hamilton's win today.

He deserved it after his troubles and he drove a flawless race unlike vettel that threw it away.

And had he lost it by stewards it would have been unfair IMHO.

So no and sorry to disappoint you

Can we just sit back and fell at least a bit sorry for Ricciardo as well ? He started from LAST place and he made all the way up to P6 , only for his race to be destroyed by engine failure :/

So is each GP going for the ugliest trophy award or something?

It sure seems like it...I think someone here said, this one looks like some grade schoolers put them together and I have to agree....there seem to be some unspoken championship going on for ugliest trophies this season. This one looked very odd. The king kong trophy from France out was not a good one either.

Can we just sit back and fell at least a bit sorry for Ricciardo as well ? He started from LAST place and he made all the way up to P6 , only for his race to be destroyed by engine failure :/

Ricciardo is the driver I've been rooting for for a while now and I still do. The many retirements he's had from engine failures between last season and this season is just so unfortunate :(. I can't help but think that if he had a more consistent car or if he was in a Mercedes or a Ferrari, he would really shine but Alas!! While it took him much longer to move up the field compared to Lewis, things were going really well until then. Imagine if he was in that mix with all the chaos that was brought in by the rain...that race could have been even better.

He isn't fighting for the championship so sadly he isn't getting that much attention.

Verstappen har a pretty good race but when he isn't crashing himself or other racers he seems to go out of sight.

FIA International Sporting Code states: "Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating the pit entry and the track by a car entering the pit lane is prohibited."

From the Race Director Event Notes: 8.2 For safety reasons drivers must stay to the right of the bollard at the pit entry when entering the pits.

And from the F1 Safety Regulations: 39.5 No car may be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person at any time whilst the safety car is deployed. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.

I thought immediately Hamilton would be given a some sort of penalty. I don't know which penalty would it be but for sure those type of moves (into the pit lane too late and out of it a couple of seconds later) is prohibited.

The rules are being bend and thrown out of the window quite regularly recently. The FIA is looking more and more like FIFA where they skew the rules depending on how much money is at stake and how the big names can be impacted by their correct application.

AJ
, well off the racing line, at an inappropriate speed under SC conditions (as mentioned by @jake2013guy), and the driver was temporarily blinded,

I mean that's pretty much what Porsche is saying, is there an echo in here? He's basically saying that Hamilton and his team failed on safety ground, as well as crossing the pit entry line and thus when told to stay essentially sped as well.

In my view I'm fine with the reprimand because it essentially informs them to be more mindful, which I'm sure they're aware of even before being summoned. Hamilton was on the radio asking about it because he knew he did wrong and so did the team. This is why the FIA saw fit to reprimand, rather than just outright throw the book at them for confusion, however the way it went about to me is still an issue.

The rules are being bend and thrown out of the window quite regularly recently. The FIA is looking more and more like FIFA where they skew the rules depending on how much money is at stake and how the big names can be impacted by their correct application.

FIA only punishes back runners, never the front runners and if they have to punish the front runners, a mere slap on the wrist is the punishment.

FIA only punishes back runners, never the front runners and if they have to punish the front runners, a mere slap on the wrist is the punishment.

Exactly. Front runners who should be the examples, can get away with braking the rules more often than not.

I thought immediately Hamilton would be given a some sort of penalty. I don't know which penalty would it be but for sure those type of moves (into the pit lane too late and out of it a couple of seconds later) is prohibited.

The rules are being bend and thrown out of the window quite regularly recently.

So rules you don’t know are being thrown out of the window?

A lot of people bringing up the Baku penalty, but those pit lanes are monumentally different. Not only that, Lewis didn’t cross the entry line, he cut over the grass after that line. And then to round it off, it was very clearly a miss-communication between the team and driver under SC conditions.
The FIA’s reprimand was fair and balanced. The team didn’t do it to trick another team and didn’t do it dangerously.

To be honest, a time penalty after the fact would be massively unfair. The race ended with Lewis 4.5 seconds ahead of Bottas, who would have dropped back as he had a gap to Kimi. If they where going to penalise him, it would/should have come in the race and even then would have been negated by team orders/Lewis banging out fastest laps after fastest laps.

I think the FIA gets a lot of ****, but I think for the most part they are pretty fair and pretty good. It's so hard to get racing rules/enforcement right. Every situation is different and every race unique and it's easy to throw criticism (as I have too), but I think they're doing pretty well compared to most series

Last edited:
So rules you don’t know are being thrown out of the window?

A lot of people bringing up the Baku penalty, but those pit lanes are monumentally different. Not only that, Lewis didn’t cross the entry line, he cut over the grass after that line. And then to round it off, it was very clearly a miss-communication between the team and driver under SC conditions.

The FIA’s reprimand was fair and balanced. The team didn’t do it to trick another team and didn’t do it dangerously.

Uhm, no. It is the team's fault that they messed up Bottas' pitstop.

Lewis' action was indeed not dangerous and it was admitted by the team, I still can't understand how that should not get penalised by +10 seconds.

If Lewis would have gone into the pits, then he would certainly not have won the race. So there is certainly an advantage gained.

Uhm, no. It is the team's fault that they messed up Bottas' pitstop.

Lewis' action was indeed not dangerous and it was admitted by the team, I still can't understand how that should not get penalised by +10 seconds.

If Lewis would have gone into the pits, then he would certainly not have won the race. So there is certainly an advantage gained.

Why wouldn't he?
Kimi pitted the lap after Bottas did, and Lewis on fresh tyres would have been allowed and able to pass Bottas...

Back