Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 58 comments
It causes issues in checking the amount of fuel used. If you claim to have started with less fuel than you actually do, you could use more fuel than allowed, and they wouldn't be able to know.
I get that fuel use is impacted but:
-They measure the actual amount of fuel (as proved by the discrepancy)
-There is a max flow rate, which is monitored by electronics and sent to the FIA

I get that fuel use is impacted but:
-They measure the actual amount of fuel (as proved by the discrepancy)
-There is a max flow rate, which is monitored by electronics and sent to the FIA
- They don't always measure it, only random checks
- Ferrari is being accused of tampering with their fuel flow sensor

My thouths on Abu Dhabi race:

Best cure to imsomnia

Did sainz kill the tv director's dog?What did he do to deserve this lack of race coverage?

Hamilton didnt race he was at the boxes playing gt sport,his car was on auto pilot

Poor Kubica

Ferrari is somthing else.

Good god this track is boring,its flat and wide and generic and bloody boring

Hamilton being quiet and Verstappen almost having a meltdown about his car was some good unintentional comedy

Hulkenberg voted driver of the day, he finished 12th but its his last race, Kubica was second in the vote!

Norris: "Are you crying :lol:" <loses it>
What I wouldn't give for a Netflix show of just Team Radio and the driver's room discussion after the race.

That was so cool to see Verstappen, Leclerc and Hamilton talk about driving and who got a run where, etc. Those moments excite me so much. Drivers talking to drivers about driving. It's so pure, void of the political team drama or championship nonsense. It's just "hey, how'd you get that run out turn 3?"

What I wouldn't give for a Netflix show of just Team Radio and the driver's room discussion after the race.

That was so cool to see Verstappen, Leclerc and Hamilton talk about driving and who got a run where, etc. Those moments excite me so much. Drivers talking to drivers about driving. It's so pure, void of the political team drama or championship nonsense. It's just "hey, how'd you get that run out turn 3?"
Only Lando would already be brilliant

Lewis ending the year with a grand slam....such a dominant finish. Talk about doing it in style. I gotta say, I was expecting this to be very boring but there were some good highlights in that race. Sainz clinching P6 in the driver's standing at the end was definitely a good point. I'm glad he managed to make that last pit stop work.

Oh my god, KID GET OUT OF THE SHOT!!

Why do people have this "oh hey look! I'm on the TV! I'm part of the thing!" mentality when a camera is nearby? You're not part of the show, you're just random background movement. Stay to one side or go about your day. They're not gonna talk to you. Do you see anyone else doing what you're doing? No. So awkward looking...

Obviously after a standard stewarding 8 hour delay it will be declared boys will be boys as ferrari are a protected species lol... I doubt Hamilton will join the prancing horse circus the way they're run, despite them rimming his piles this weekend.
No one thought Hamilton would go to Mercedes when they were in the condition they were but look at them now? I feel like he might try to make it his goal to bring his work ethic to the team and get them winning again

TBH, Hamilton going to Ferrari is the red team's only hope of a championship. If Lewis can't do it however, nobody can. Just look at Ogier at Citroen in the WRC this year.

No one thought Hamilton would go to Mercedes when they were in the condition they were but look at them now? I feel like he might try to make it his goal to bring his work ethic to the team and get them winning again

I get the feeling he would have still won the championship if he drove a red car this year, probably depends on what Toto decides to do as he's being touted as the next to run F1.

TBH, Hamilton going to Ferrari is the red team's only hope of a championship. If Lewis can't do it however, nobody can. Just look at Ogier at Citroen in the WRC this year.
I believe Ferrrari can put their hopes on Leclerc as well, but only if they actually make a decent car.

LeClerc keeps the podium spot. The team is fined 50,000 euros for infringement of the sporting code. The team was off by ~5kg, which seems massive for F1.

LeClerc keeps the podium spot. The team is fined 50,000 euros for infringement of the sporting code. The team was off by ~5kg, which seems massive for F1.
It's almost like the car has a problem sticking to the fuel flow rate or something...

I wonder if they're going to investigate all Ferrari data since the summer break. Pretty sure they'll lose quite a lot of points and wins.

I think Carlos’s nickname should change from Chili to Ghost Pepper, or just Ghost for short. He’s fire, but you never see him :lol:

For everyone who missed it, his last lap pass for P6 in the championship (sorry, can’t find any offboard, or how he set the move up).

Edit:
LOL someone in the comment is asking Sainz if he can stream his own races on YouTube next year :lol::lol:

Last edited:
A whole extra tenth of a second for 5kg of fuel...

They declared that they have less, 5kg less than what was found, so they were carrying extra weight. Cheating hijinks or just typical Ferrari screw-up?

Last edited:
A fairly typical Abu Dhabi, shocking race direction meant we missed most of the actual on track battling.

I can't see Lewis moving to Ferrari being positive for either outfit. Ferrari would only serve to let Lewis down and Lewis battling Leclerc would only seek to undermine Ferrari's successful academy driver program, of which Leclerc is a graduate. I think their best possible setup is poaching Riccy and teaming him up with Leclerc. He's fast and sensible and would be a good mentor for Leclerc.

They declared that they have less 5kg less than what was found, so they were carrying extra weight. Cheating hijinks or just typical Ferrari screw-up?
Could be an easy mistake, but it's so stupid and typical Ferrrari to do it when they are already under scrutiny to **** this up.

Could be an easy mistake, but it's so stupid and typical Ferrrari to do it when they are already under scrutiny to **** this up.

I'm not so sure...

b3mbr604lb241.jpg

Back