Formula 1 Eyetime Großer Preis von Österreich 2018

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 304 comments
I didn't see the GP but I'm glad Max got the win, he has had a rough start to the year and a win at Red Bulls' home track is bound to keep his stock up. Following the coverage on the news, he just seemed to keep his head down and good things happened.

Last edited:
Taking off the orange tinted glasses for a moment, but this is the sort of drama F1 needs.

Mercs gone poof. Merc with the failing strategy. RBR not flawless. The hardest tyres not hard enough. Vettel screwing himself.

Can we go back to Austria next week?

It also means the title fight is within one point.
Though I think, the best drama would have been Riccy winning the race, it would give him a more realistic shot at the title and would mean the team would have to focus more on him than perhaps Max..

... Riccy winning the race, it would give him a more realistic shot at the title and would mean the team would have to focus more on him than perhaps Max..

But why? Verstappen has shown a commitment to the team by signing for them. Ricciardio (as much as I think he has no credible options outside Red Bull) has not yet signed for them.

But why? Verstappen has shown a commitment to the team by signing for them. Ricciardio (as much as I think he has no credible options outside Red Bull) has not yet signed for them.

He would have had more points had he won, Max had a poor start to the season but is now coming back strong. As it stands I don't really think they are in a position to challenge for the title, but if Dan had got his 3rd win and without Lewis & Bottas getting any points at all it puts him within a shout of the title.

DhF8GBjW0AApH6d.jpg

Imagine if Riccy had gotten that win and had a decent finish last weekend as Max did.

He would have had more points had he won, Max had a poor start to the season but is now coming back strong. As it stands I don't really think they are in a position to challenge for the title, but if Dan had got his 3rd win and without Lewis & Bottas getting any points at all it puts him within a shout of the title.

DhF8GBjW0AApH6d.jpg

Imagine if Riccy had gotten that win and had a decent finish last weekend as Max did.
RIC has his hands full with Max, let alone title fight with better cars and similar or better drivers in Vettel and Hamilton

adb
RIC has his hands full with Max, let alone title fight with better cars and similar or better drivers in Vettel and Hamilton
Don't disagree with you, was just making the point about it making the title hunt more exciting :P 👍

Don't disagree with you, was just making the point about it making the title hunt more exciting :P 👍

That's not good for Red Bull if Ricciardio has committed to another team by the point that he (theoretically) enters the championship fray.

That's not good for Red Bull if Ricciardio has committed to another team by the point that he (theoretically) enters the championship fray.

Why? Full on silly theoretical mode:
Riccy wins the drivers title for Red Bull and then leaves.
Red Bull get more press and prestige, they paid Danny relatively little, which makes him excellent value and now their new wonder kid that they’ve backed pretty openly to be the new hotness, has not got to worry about his team mate!

Back to reality:
Riccy hasn’t anywhere else to go though. Ferrari don’t want him and neither do Merc. The only option is McLaren... which would be bold, to say the least.

Yeah, I know what you meant, just saying that imo it wouldn’t mean much right now. But sure could be exciting, although 1 point gap and lead change every week is more than enough exciting for me :D
Edit:
Regarding eyetime, well a data-minin... um I mean social media start up with enough money to sponsor GP before making money is sure gonna end well

Kimi critics in meltdown mode now. He's 3rd in the championship, a retirement or two away from being in the hunt with Vettel and Hamilton.

Kimi critics in meltdown mode now. He's 3rd in the championship, a retirement or two away from being in the hunt with Vettel and Hamilton.

Yeah, but he's rubbish - right? :D

I've always been a fan of Kimi but I have said recently in these august forums that I think he's gone off the boil somewhat. With that said I now wonder if the Ferrari has been demonstrating a sensitivity similar to the pre-B-spec Mercedes in that the car can't be set up to suit both of the team's drivers at once. We've been used to a significant yo-yo in top pace between Hamilton and Bottas, maybe the same phenomenon has been at work in the equally bleeding-edge Ferrari?

Now we may be seeing both of the top cars at a point where the two teams are able to extract the maximum for both of their drivers.

Back