FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2017Formula 1 

How big is the chance that they will delay the restart to the point were drivers will go out on inter's and just continue to slide around the track, just like they did at the start of Q1?

Are there any rules to say that Qualy can be scrapped and FP3 result take over like in some other series? Can't watch at the moment because I'm out, how bad is the weather?

Yeah, but skill counts for knowing where the limits are and how to drive, Bottas was going 270, Hamilton 300, the French driver (Gro) was going 310+, arguably because of a lack of skill for driving under these conditions and not knowing the limits. He's just not a very good driver when you see how he developed during his career. There's more to a great racing driver than just driving fast, I think!?
Once the tyres are riding on water rather than tarmac (or, worse, the floor is riding on water and not clear air), it's luck. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you're going (although knowing not to keep the throttle pinned, stamp on the brakes or make wild steering adjustments helps) because you have no control. Skill is not part of the equation. The driver is a passenger.

Grosjean crashed in a straight line, not because he was over the limit, but because he was aquaplaning. At least one of his tyres was riding on water and not responding to any driver input, leading to a spin.

Schumacher did it once too (Brazil, 2003).

Pirelli are claiming the 2017 tires have a +20L per sec @ 300kph water dispersal rate vs the 2016 extreme wets.

Aaaand another delay until 16.00.

Edit

So far there has only been one person who complained about the conditions. All the interviewed drivers and former drivers say that they should drive again.

Will Buxton made a brilliant point. With F2 and GP3 having a busy booking between now and the Italian GP, running qualifying is almost impossible, which is going to put in place a hilarious grid. Marcus Ericcson in 4th for crying out loud!

Got to finish quali, if they do it tomorrow will Romain be able to run? Seems very very harsh that he might not be able too

Got to finish quali, if they do it tomorrow will Romain be able to run? Seems very very harsh that he might not be able too
They may not have the ability to finish qualifying tomorrow. F2 and GP3 both have races tomorrow morning right before the GP. Romain either starts 4th or in the back.

Some fast development from Renault!

145-b.jpg

Once the tyres are riding on water rather than tarmac (or, worse, the floor is riding on water and not clear air), it's luck. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you're going (although knowing not to keep the throttle pinned, stamp on the brakes or make wild steering adjustments helps) because you have no control. Skill is not part of the equation. The driver is a passenger.

Grosjean crashed in a straight line, not because he was over the limit, but because he was aquaplaning. At least one of his tyres was riding on water and not responding to any driver input, leading to a spin.

Schumacher did it once too (Brazil, 2003).
I know, but to me it looked like he was too fast just compared to the other drivers, Bottas even missed the chicane while being quite a bit slower and it looked like Grosjean accelerated again after the first aquaplaning when he should have just coasted and be happy not to have crashed - I only saw it once though, but it just kinda looked like a rookie mistake.

Not to change the subject, but they aren't doing this qualifying today are they? :(

I know I'm watching delayed but they showed the Grosjean aquaplane again and you can clearly hear him trying to stay on the throttle. He doesn't know what to do, and then complains like a child. Every time I hear him complain on the radio he has that same whiney tone in his voice. Not urgency or professional concern, just complaining.

Send the cars out to do some parade laps and move some of the water out of the way.

It isn't raining anymore.

RESTART AT 16.40

Back