NUMBER
OF LAPS

CIRCUIT LENGTH
5.793KM

RACE DISTANCE
306.72KM

LAP RECORD
1:21.046 BY RUBENS BARRICHELLO (2004)

Never really enjoy Monza, but I'm hoping to see Vettel and Hamilton go at it again. Also wonder if/when we'll see any of the mid-season driver changes if they occur.

Hate this circuit, so bland and not challenging. Very short race normally and with even faster cars it will be shorter. Can see a Ferrari 1-2 here followed by merc.

Haha, we remembered to start the thread before FP1 had started :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, who's ready for a race worse than Monaco. All the history, but it's just as hard to overtake here, it just has straights to make you think they can overtake here. At least at Monaco you know there won't be overtaking, but the walls are close enough that there's always the possibility of a crash and something interesting.

I genuinely cannot remember an interesting dry Italian GP that I have watched ever. The only thing that is interesting is the start into such a tight chicane, but unfortunately, apart from Tonio Liuzzi, the drivers are much better behaved than every online lobby ever.

Anyway, it's time for the "How many drivers will take a grid penalty for an engine change at Monza" sweepstake?
I'm going for 7.

Also, wasn't the circuit layout supposed to have changed like 3 years ago? What happened to that? The layout they proposed looked interesting and showed more promise.

I'm looking forward to an extremely boring race because that will mean Vettel will win it.

Haha, we remembered to start the thread before FP1 had started :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, who's ready for a race worse than Monaco. All the history, but it's just as hard to overtake here, it just has straights to make you think they can overtake here. At least at Monaco you know there won't be overtaking, but the walls are close enough that there's always the possibility of a crash and something interesting.

I genuinely cannot remember an interesting dry Italian GP that I have watched ever. The only thing that is interesting is the start into such a tight chicane, but unfortunately, apart from Tonio Liuzzi, the drivers are much better behaved than every online lobby ever.

Anyway, it's time for the "How many drivers will take a grid penalty for an engine change at Monza" sweepstake?
I'm going for 7.

Also, wasn't the circuit layout supposed to have changed like 3 years ago? What happened to that? The layout they proposed looked interesting and showed more promise.
Ya what did ever happened with those proposed changes?

It’s weird, this is the most competitive F1 season in recent memory, but I’m almost over it already. Maybe not over it, but just “meh”. I think it was the summer break that killed momentum for me.

Discussion of F1 on this site is way down, websites like JA on F1 are running articles on MotoGP....for me, it feels like the season has fizzled out. Hopefully an exciting race in the upcoming rounds will rejuvenate me.

Ya what did ever happened with those proposed changes?

It’s weird, this is the most competitive F1 season in recent memory, but I’m almost over it already. Maybe not over it, but just “meh”. I think it was the summer break that killed momentum for me.

Discussion of F1 on this site is way down, websites like JA on F1 are running articles on MotoGP....for me, it feels like the season has fizzled out. Hopefully an exciting race in the upcoming rounds will rejuvenate me.

Really, I find that surprising. Not fizzled for this Ferrari fan and most likely most others. We actually have a shot at the title this year. Of course, the past decade or so has shown that if anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory it will be Ferrari. But I have genuine hope this year, we have the fastest car, best on most circuits yet we still have to play catch up. After years of complete Merc dominance we actually have a battle on our hands and your bored already...what the heck do you want?

Really, I find that surprising. Not fizzled for this Ferrari fan and most likely most others. We actually have a shot at the title this year. Of course, the past decade or so has shown that if anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory it will be Ferrari. But I have genuine hope this year, we have the fastest car, best on most circuits yet we still have to play catch up. After years of complete Merc dominance we actually have a battle on our hands and your bored already...what the heck do you want?
I’m not a fan of any one particular team or driver, I could care less who wins. I just want to see good racing, and between DRS, dirty air, and grid penalties, along with two tiered F1, we haven’t really got much of that at all this year. How many laps have Hamilton and Vettel battled on track this year?

Like I said, it’s mostly the 3 week break that did it for me. If something exciting happens, I’ll get back into the swing of things (but Belgium wasn’t it lol).

But like you kind of say, Ferrari have a shot at winning Monza for the first time in years.....and yet I still can’t get ubber excited about the race this weekend.

I generally don't get excited for F1 races. At this point in time (i.e. the past...many years) I enjoy F1 for the personalities and the team trickery and watching the see-saw between top teams, but have little interest in the racing. If I'm watching an F1 race and there is some actual on-track action it's always a welcome surprise. I enjoy the drama around driver swaps, and innovation, and pouty companies when confronted with new regulations. I enjoy the political climate and the bankrupting of teams and silliness.

I just don't enjoy the racing hardly at all. For that, I go to IMSA, more or less.

Yes. Home early so can watch FP2 this afternoon.

Good for Renault they did not put the spec C on their own engine. Was that the reason for Daniel his car issues? Or other cause?

Reminds me of the good old days when I got one of the first Renault Laguna's with the very innovative fully remote electronic keyless card. Glad it came with a mechanical version as well. Nothing changed :lol:

Edit: 5 minutes into FP2 --> ouch Ericsson WOW. Very strange accident with a lot of debree. He's ok. Have to look some replays. Chicane goes to the right but his car went 90 degrees to the left?

Last edited:
Incredible the way the car was ragdolled through the grass. It dug in the same manner as the last 2 flips in Formula 1, Alonso in 2016 and Kyvat in 2015.

Cropped some photos of the crash.

Attachments

• marc1.jpg
    marc1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 18
  • marc2.jpg
    marc2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 18
  • marc3.jpg
    marc3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 17
  • marc4.jpg
    marc4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 16
  • marc5.jpg
    marc5.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 16
  • marc6.jpg
    marc6.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 16
  • marc7.jpg
    marc7.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18
  • marc8.jpg
    marc8.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 16
  • marc9.jpg
    marc9.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 17
Wow that is close at the top...and very fast!

Edit: Yes!! well done Kimi.

Vettel not really happy with his P2 and that Kimi had a tow.
Seb: "we speak after"

Last edited:
Back