FORMULA 1 Gran Premio Heineken D'Italia 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 267 comments
Quite ironic that all the smug Brits are patting each others' backs for a great joke and praising Princess Louise for doing an amazing job without realizing that he was nearly seven seconds behind and falling further before his German boss used his Finnish team mate to save his race.

Speaking of that team mate, damn the man is a joke. I wonder if he still believes he has a bright future ahead of him, surely he's a true Mr. Nice Guy but he couldn't be any more of a puppet if he tried to and he doesn't even seem to realize it himself. He seemingly still buys everything Wolff says to him about equality and fair racing and that he's just having back luck with his strategy choices.

He had his chance but didn't deliver, imho he brought himself in this situation, and i think he realized (some time ago) that he would be in a supporting role unless something drastic happened, and it did not and viola here we are. And i find it hard to believe that anyone with a bit of understanding of this sport does not understand why hamilton won this race.

adb
How do you hit somebody who’s coming from behind? He squeezed him, Bottas refused to go on the green concrete/ asphalt kerb, and they made contact.

You drive into him? you can even see bottas doing a flick before crashstappen hits him..!

I watched the incident with max a few times, but in my opinion Bottas had enough room left to avoid Max's defensive move. Hes shouldnt have gotten that penalty.
Really?

hlnNqvl.png

Speaking of that team mate, damn the man is a joke. I wonder if he still believes he has a bright future ahead of him, surely he's a true Mr. Nice Guy but he couldn't be any more of a puppet if he tried to and he doesn't even seem to realize it himself. He seemingly still buys everything Wolff says to him about equality and fair racing and that he's just having back luck with his strategy choices.

Applause.gif

Bottas is not a racer. As I shouted before, he can block the fastest car on the grid for half a race, but can't overtake a Renault powered car.

adb
How do you hit somebody who’s coming from behind? He squeezed him, Bottas refused to go on the green concrete/ asphalt kerb, and they made contact.

Bottas was along side him when Max continued to drift over, to the point in which contact was made. It’s not difficult

Grosjean DQ'd

And a point for Sirotkin!

And the info about the DQ.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting confirmed the matter related to the leading edge on the floor of Grosjean’s car, with the matter being investigated after the race.

In a bulletin issued by the FIA four hours after the race, the stewards said they found the floor to not be in compliance with the technical regulations, prompting them to request an inspection from the technical delegate.

“The stewards of the meeting have requested, that the technical delegate inspects the floor of car number 08, driver Romain Grosjean, for compliance with Article 3.7.1 d) of the 2018 Formula One Technical Regulations in relation to clarification given in TD/033-18 published on 25 July 2018,” the statement from the stewards reads.

“The reference plane of car number 08 is found not to be in compliance with Article 3.7.1 d) and the clarifications given in TD/033-18 published on 25 July 2018.”

In a later statement from the FIA, it was confirmed that Grosjean had been excluded from the final classification at Monza, leaving Haas without points. As a result, Renault remains fourth in the constructors’ championship.

Racing Point Force India are already 7th in the standings after 2 races.

Incidentally, what do we thing they'll be called next season? Both Racing Point and Force India are placeholders while they come up with something new.

To be honest, Racing Force, sounds pretty cool, and does at least hark back to the Force India days.

Very enjoyable race. Love it when the pace is close on a track like this.

Looked a fair pass by Hamilton on Vettel and I think Vettel knew after watching it. Also Hamilton did a couple of blistering laps after Kimi pitted and could've got ahead there but Mercedes opted for the long game.

On lap one with Vettel gone I wasn't confident of Kimi keeping Hamilton behind, he tends to fizzle out of races with tyres and early pit-stops. Lewis was also in the dirty air of Kimi after re-joining.

Feel sorry for Ricciardo, apparently a clutch issue, not engine.

I'm kinda gutted Kimi did not take the win even though it was obvious he would concede to Seb and gotten second place had the race panned out as the tifosi wanted. Is destiny truly inexorable?

Great drive by Lewis, superb move on VET.

And the info about the DQ.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting confirmed the matter related to the leading edge on the floor of Grosjean’s car, with the matter being investigated after the race.

In a bulletin issued by the FIA four hours after the race, the stewards said they found the floor to not be in compliance with the technical regulations, prompting them to request an inspection from the technical delegate.

“The stewards of the meeting have requested, that the technical delegate inspects the floor of car number 08, driver Romain Grosjean, for compliance with Article 3.7.1 d) of the 2018 Formula One Technical Regulations in relation to clarification given in TD/033-18 published on 25 July 2018,” the statement from the stewards reads.

“The reference plane of car number 08 is found not to be in compliance with Article 3.7.1 d) and the clarifications given in TD/033-18 published on 25 July 2018.”

In a later statement from the FIA, it was confirmed that Grosjean had been excluded from the final classification at Monza, leaving Haas without points. As a result, Renault remains fourth in the constructors’ championship.

It seems that Haas had alerted the FIA to the fact that their supplier would be unable to fulfil the replacement floor by Monza and that Whiting EDIT: Tombazsis had explained that while they understood the directive was in place and that Haas might leave themselves open to protest. Perhaps if Renault had had a better day they'd have got away with it?

With Kimi being 38 years, 10 months and 17 days old, had he won the race today he would have moved up to 13th on the all-time list of oldest Grand Prix winners.

2018-09-03 00.57.16.png

Mercedes' pit crew have been sent out twice in a dummy bluff against the Ferrari. One of them obstructed the work of Ferrari's pit crew. This is btw illegal by the FIA and they have done it in the past, but watch them get away with it!

You drive into him? you can even see bottas doing a flick before crashstappen hits him

Bottas was along side him when Max continued to drift over, to the point in which contact was made. It’s not difficult
He squeezed Bottas, Bottas refused to use every bit of track, his rear wheel touched Max’ rear wheel.
Max didn’t swerve into him, he slowly squeezed him, it was extremely tight but it’s something I would expect from F1 driver, it’s not gentlemen’s racing club.

adb
He squeezed Bottas, Bottas refused to use every bit of track, his rear wheel touched Max’ rear wheel.
Max didn’t swerve into him, he slowly squeezed him, it was extremely tight but it’s something I would expect from F1 driver, it’s not gentlemen’s racing club.
No, Max drifted too far over and hit Bottas.
You can’t move when braking, you brake in a straight line. For Bottas to have been able to avoid Max, he’d have to let off the brakes to move over... and by move over I mean move off the track.

I expect an F1 driver to do what Max did the lap before, squeeze him to he edge without making contact.

Max drove into the side of Bottas and Bottas was fully alongside him, he had no reason or need to yield.

adb

what? slowly? he just went for him, and as usual with verstappen the other guy has to move or we have an accident, problem was there was not anymore track nor time to react. And his manhood, or boyhood, was so damaged by the penalty that he just decided to screw his team and add some more points on his CrashPlan, but hey he is improving, it has been a while since he was stupid like this..

adb
ab3b41270f91694b389202ac4934e1b9.jpg

I think it's also worth showing this image, Bottas was already on the white line... and given the fact it had rained earlier in the morning, if he had tried to go onto the green painted surface. He stood a good chance of spinning (if he was braking on it) and taking both cars out of the race.

ab3b41270f91694b389202ac4934e1b9.jpg

I think it's also worth showing this image, Bottas was already on the white line... and given the fact it had rained earlier in the morning, if he had tried to go onto the green painted surface. He stood a good chance of spinning (if he was braking on it) and taking both cars out of the race.
There's squeezing your opponent then there's this. That's denying your opponent track position.

I often end up watching F1 with my family these days, and we often have a laugh at the fact that the TV commentators often repeat exactly what one of us has just said. My Dad and I have watched F1 for as long as I can remember, but my sister also takes an interest and watches parts of the race. My Mum, however, doesn't follow F1 but sometimes finds herself watching it simply because the rest of us are watching it... bless her, she still often mistakes the formation lap for the start of the race.

But even she could see that Verstappen's move was wrong.

They're both wrong in my mind. Vettel for reacting the way he did and Hamilton for making the move he did which caused Vettel to have to react. Hamilton should have been less aggressive on the first turns of the first lap. You can't win a race on Lap 1 buddy, learn from the GT Sport kids lol

They're both wrong in my mind. Vettel for reacting the way he did and Hamilton for making the move he did which caused Vettel to have to react. Hamilton should have been less aggressive on the first turns of the first lap. You can't win a race on Lap 1 buddy, learn from the GT Sport kids lol
I disagree. Hamilton should only do moves where others shouldn't have to react ? The move was risky and aggressive but fair non the less. Vettel should have reacted better.

Allot of F1 races are won in the first turns or lap.

Back