Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 141 comments
Driver of the day? Perez - he's made 3 places, while the top 3 have made no places between them... /jk

Ver Red Bull GIF by Oracle Red Bull Racing

Superb drive from Max though he was pushing his luck a bit with the barriers... great strategy from RB too, even if Aston Martin hadn't got the call with Alonso's tyres wrong, Verstappen would likely still have won. Well done to Alonso and Ocon too, impressive all weekend.

Last edited:
Very exciting qualifying. Mostly dull dry race. Chaotic in the wet, but I was surprised there wasn't more carnage.

I felt bad for the F40 parked on the bow of that yacht. Hope they covered it up.

Pretty happy with the double points finish for McLaren.

Should be a nice chunk of points for my FF1 team, 2 drivers, 1 chassis & 3 engines in the top 5

Last edited:
Very exciting qualifying. Mostly dull dry race. Chaotic in the wet, but I was surprised there wasn't more carnage.

I felt bad for the F40 parked on the bow of that yacht. Hope they covered it up.

That F40 was the most impressive thing I saw all day. Love the location of the race. Single file with little passing areas does make a dull watch.

"I'm going to buy a Ferrari F40. Always wanted one of them."

"Brilliant choice, and then we can drive it around the streets of Monaco pretending we're F1 drivers ourselves."

"No, I'm sticking it on the boat."

"What the ****"

"I'm going to buy a Ferrari F40. Always wanted one of them."

"Brilliant choice, and then we can drive it around the streets of Monaco pretending we're F1 drivers ourselves."

"No, I'm sticking it on the boat."

"What the ****"
Putting mileage on it would decrease its value, but using it as the masthead for your floating egregious display of wealth presumably does not. At least it was out where people could see it and not hidden away in a climate controlled garage, so there's that.

Last edited:
Putting mileage on it would decrease its value, but using it as the masthead for your floating egregious display of wealth presumably does not. At least it was out where people could see it and not hidden away in a climate controlled garage, so there's that.
not sure with the salt water

I get it about the F40 but it would be my guess that they could care less about that kind of stuff?

A ridiculous race. Grandfather clause or not, the cars are simply too big for such a small track. It looks like they're driving around a kid's playset.

not sure with the salt water
I mean, if you can afford a yacht and one of the most sought after Ferraris to place on its bow, then you can probably afford some proper rustproofing to be applied to it as well. Or one would hope at least.

From what I read Aston Martin were not expecting that much rain based on what their radar was showing, when they decided to go for the mediums.

In the end, they probably gave red bull some breathing room, but most likely would've still ended 2nd. Though it would've been nice for somebody to apply some pressure.

So in 2026 we'll have Mercedes, Ferrari, Aston Martin Honda, Red Bull Ford, AlphaTuari Ford, Sauber Audi, Haas Alfa Romeo Ferrari, McLaren Mercedes and Alpine Renault. Have I got that right?

So in 2026 we'll have Mercedes, Ferrari, Aston Martin Honda, Red Bull Ford, AlphaTuari Ford, Sauber Audi, Haas Alfa Romeo Ferrari, McLaren Mercedes and Alpine Renault. Have I got that right?
Plus Williams Mercedes and potentially Andretti Cadillac Renault.

Back