Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 236 comments
It’s kind of late for Drugovich to be in the car now, I don’t think he’s done any running in the evening during tests so he will go into qualy blind. They really shot themselves in the foot here.

Last edited:
FP2 compared to last season.

4ds4vykmtjla1.jpg

uw5t3vnj26o81.jpg

Last edited:
It’s kind of late for Drugovich to be in the car now, I don’t think he’s done any running in the evening during tests so he will go into qualy blind. They really shot themselves in the foot here.
He's had more time in the car than Stroll at this point, even if it wasn't under floodlights.

Another session that is not really representative of true pace but Max on hard tires is only half a second slower than Alonso on soft 🤔. I think we have yet to see the sheer pace of that red bull. I'm really hoping that they are not so far ahead that the other team can't catch them early on the season...otherwise this will be yet another red bull runaway season.

Another session that is not really representative of true pace but Max on hard tires is only half a second slower than Alonso on soft 🤔. I think we have yet to see the sheer pace of that red bull. I'm really hoping that they are not so far ahead that the other team can't catch them early on the season...otherwise this will be yet another red bull runaway season.
Alonso's time is also 3 seconds slower than the times they were doing yesterday, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

True pace will be shown in qualifying. But I do think Alonso will be up there somewhere.

Edit. Final qualifying sims done with 10 minutes to go, Alonso pipping Verstappen, nothing in it really. Verstappen had an untidy final sector though.

Last edited:
I think Alonso just might get us happy and eager for the race. What I'm hoping for is that Max and red bull don't runaway with it so with the impressive Alonso and Aston Martin combo, a 4 way team battle for the championship will set this up for one of the best season that I can recall watching.....so let's go! I'm officially super hyped 😆

Anyone have insight into long run pace they did in FP3? Didn't watch, so I'm wondering if race program runs would show a different order.

So that's the new thing this year? Red flags for the smallest of things.
A chunk of carbon right in the middle of the corner after a massive braking zone from high speed, seems pretty dam justified to me in qualifying.

Mercedes have just woken up.

Where is the Mercedes pace coming from?? They are genuinely in this if those lap times are anything to go by! This is the closest I've seen the top 10 times in a long while. And Hulkenberg is also still in the mix with the Haas!

Where is the Mercedes pace coming from?? They are genuinely in this if those lap times are anything to go by! This is the closest I've seen the top 10 times in a long while. And Hulkenberg is also still in the mix with the Haas!
The pace was hidden in the sandbags

Leclerc was saving tires. And we're back to the regular program, red bull on top just with Alonso sneaking in between the top 3 teams.

Perez just completely destroying the competition, saying the car is not that great for qualy and should be better in the race.

Last edited:
Good start to the season, I think. A fairly tight field spread, especially Q1.

Glad to see AMR really pull themselves up the grid and giving a car to Alonso that he can possibly reach podiums or even wins (so far). I hope their race pace follows suit.

Happy to see Perez close the gap in quali but disappointing to see that Merc isn't closer. I'd rather see 4 teams duking it out for podiums. Maybe race strategies will see that, though. Looking forward to the race tomorrow.

Aston's long run pace was also better in testing, as was Red Bull's. I think Ferrari will struggle, their car was eating tyres in long runs so probably why Leclerc was saving a set, maybe going for a 2 stop, assuming the standard strategy will be a 1 stop.

Back