Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 327 comments
Was it only crazy in the morning then? Someone shared this photo on Reddit saying it's the road from the train station to the track.

Edit* Oh lord, did anyone catch the photo David Coulthard uploaded today? Cheeky bugger.

That looks Covid-proof 😱

You're gonna have to share Coulthard's thing though

saying it's the road from the train station to the track.

Does appear to be..

1630677819211.png

1630677929323.png

That looks Covid-proof 😱

You're gonna have to share Coulthard's thing though
Even though he took it on a public beach, I'm afraid it'd probably break the AUP. You can find it towards the very top of the subreddit, though.

The 1:12.779 that currently tops the FP1 leaderboard is an average of 210.67kph (130.9mph), which is 1kph quicker than the Hungaroring, and only a fraction faster than Max's pole lap at a wet Spa.
Silverstone averages 246kph and Monza around 264kph for reference
Yeah not the first time the circuit have got the estimated lap times quite a way off. They did the same when we went back to Imola IIRC. I hope the teams internal sims were more accurate!

Was it only crazy in the morning then? Someone shared this photo on Reddit saying it's the road from the train station to the track.

Edit* Oh lord, did anyone catch the photo David Coulthard uploaded today? Cheeky bugger.

Oh wow, that is ridiculous. We didn't see anything like that at all.

Edit.

Yeah, this is pissing all over the Covid measures.

Last edited:
That picture is no worse than anything you would have seen at a regular Dutch beach in the 1970s or 1980s. When people weren't so anal around nudity. :D

I was there today, and it was indeed extremely crowded. Especially around the food courts. You had to wait in line for something like 30 minutes to order something.
And on the grandstands everyone was bunched up. No distancing or nothing, and i haven't seen one person wearing a mask either.
And that's only with two thirds of the crowd that was allowed to come. I can't imagine how packed it would have been with everyone there.😳

Having said that, it was awesome lol. Amazing atmosphere, it was like a giant party.
And i have to say, all the facilities were very good too, better than at many of the other GP's that i've been to.
Just wish they handled the massive crowds around the food courts a little better, cause everything else was pretty much on point.
Anyways, can't wait to go again on Sunday, it's gonna be epic.😁

IMG_9077.JPEG
IMG_9083.JPEG
IMG_9085.JPEG
IMG_9125.JPEG
IMG_9126.JPEG
IMG_9140.JPEG

Last edited:
If he misses Monza as well he retires with 349 race starts.

Jackie Stewart eat your heart out

Will Max get a grid penalty? Under red flag he passed Lance Stroll during free practice on Friday.

Last edited:
Will Max get a grid penalty? Under red flag he passed Lance Stroll during free practice on Friday.
Pretty straightforward, if he had time to slow down and didn't it's a penalty, if he didn't have time to slow down or was too dangerous to slow down it shouldn't be a penalty.

Pretty straightforward, if he had time to slow down and didn't it's a penalty, if he didn't have time to slow down or was too dangerous to slow down it shouldn't be a penalty.
Based on the replays added with the analysts comments Max did slow down but because he was on a fast lap and Stroll was driving really slow the best and safest way was to not brake suddenly but release throttle and a consequence was passing Stroll. After that the best was to let Stroll pass back again, that didn't happen. Probably a reprimande?

Edit:

1630750128129.png

Last edited:
Max does not get a penalty from P2 red flag issue as he was right near the light panel when it went red, so he would've had no time to react.

Im jealous of the drivers this weekend, the track looks amazing to drive, sadly its likely as boring as Monaco for actual racing though... I get the feeling this weekend will be resolved by someone beaching / hitting a wall and gifting the lead to someone with a well timed pitstop...

Back