Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 327 comments
I didn't see what happened there, did Bottas defy team orders and pit?

Imagine yourself being 23 years young all the pressure on your shoulders and then doing this.

1630854205309.png

Last edited:
The best chance we had for an on track battle for the win was after the first stop where Bottas was holding Max up. Unfortunately Giovinazzi and maybe Russell too came out of the pits between Max and Lewis, and I think it was Gio who held Lewis up the most. The gap to Max went from 1.5 to 2.7ish and by the time Max was on Bottas Lewis was just too far away after trying to close that gap up again.

We didn't see a lot of it because they went to a replay and Ted had said it was Alonso who had held him up, despite him not even being close to a lap down at that point.

Monza will hopefully provide more action all round.

Safety net, I think. If he didn't pit, he probably would've caught up and potentially got 2nd if the gap was there.

I don't like that they lied to him about it being vibrations.
I thought it was the other way around. They had to pit Bottas so that he wouldn't be in the way of Hamilton if he was lapped. Either way, it was a(n expected) slap in the face.

I thought it was the other way around. They had to pit Bottas so that he wouldn't be in the way of Hamilton if he was lapped. Either way, it was a(n expected) slap in the face.
You might be right. All I know is that it was an unnecessary stop to Bottas, and to give an impression of allowing him the fastest lap (b/c why else do you pit towards the end and throw on softs?).

What a terrible performance of the national anthem. Just do an orchestra like Monaco.
We have a pretty boring national anthem anyway, really hard to make it sound interesting. That's what you get with a 450 year old anthem I guess

We have a pretty boring national anthem anyway, really hard to make it sound interesting. That's what you get with a 450 year old anthem I guess
"Valt wel mee toch?" (No, it isn't that bad.) But just don't like people to sing it like that. For me, even the normal 'tape' sounds way more happier.

Perez gets driver of the day for again performing his routine of messing up his own race and overtaking some cars a couple seconds slower a lap than his.
I am rapidly running out of patience with him. Why is it so difficult to qualify in the top 4, and still be in the top 4 at the end of lap 1?

Safety net, I think. If he didn't pit, he probably would've caught up and potentially got 2nd if the gap was there.

I don't like that they lied to him about it being vibrations.
Bottas told the pits he was getting vibrations

So glad I waited to watch this after it had finished, had to watch most of it on fast forward so boring... Still delighted for the dutch a good day in the sun... it wont be orange smoke 2nite in the dam it will be green!

Maybe Monza might give us some decent wheel to wheel action...

Last edited:
Bottas told the pits he was getting vibrations
20 laps prior, yeah 😂

They told him right away not to get the fastest lap then he proceeds to purple both the first sectors then slow up in the third and get FL anyway. I think he was less than pleased with their strategy there.

I would be in complete shock if Max doesn't win the WDC....his win today is just commanding and his overall performance this weekend has just been nearly flawless. That Red Bull car is really working at every track! 👏
It doesn't really need stating but if Silverstone and Bottas' impromptu game of bowling hadn't happened, Max could've been looking at a lead in the region of 50-odd points instead of merely regaining it today (And yes, that's a whole load of if/but/maybe's).

Also, people having a slightly selective memory of Monza the past few years? I imagine it's going to fairly similar today in terms of overtakes, just DRS trains for days!

Well, if ever an F1 race was predictable from the start, that was it. VER was always going to have the pace to win, nobody was going to be able to overtake without a huge pace delta and PER was going to get DOTD by overtaking cars massively slower than him to get a couple of points. Probably the only thing I'd have predicted that didn't happen was someone binning it into the gravel.

Better than a Monaco race, but basically a Hungary race, not much of a step up.

Great atmosphere though, for sure.

Bottas is definitely not going to play nice for the rest of the season if they do things like this, they are just creating a rift between their driver and the team.

Back