Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 327 comments
Bottas is definitely not going to play nice for the rest of the season if they do things like this, they are just creating a rift between their driver and the team.
And I welcome it wholeheartedly. Say what you will about his performance since being at Merc, but his treatment from Merc at times has been less stellar, so I don't blame him for acting against them in retaliation at times. I just wish the performance that came from those moments was his consistent pace all the time, because he'd have a lot better results if it was.

I think he was pretty compliant. He let Lewis pass and then backed off on the fast lap. It doesn't seem like there's too much drama in it.

“I was just playing around really,” he added, “because obviously Lewis needs that one extra point more than me. He's fighting for the world championship in the drivers’, and as a team, we're trying to get the maximum points, so that’s how it is.

“I knew Lewis was going to stop as well, that information I had and I knew that with a decent amount of lifting in the last sector [from me], he will get it, so no drama.”

Mazepin is such a 🤬 driver, let alone person. I can't wait for Mick to get out of that garbage team; he should be at Aston with Vettel, but that'd mean getting rid of Stroll (which isn't going to happen anyway) but I actually like Stroll, so there's the difference.

Bottas' faux denial reminded me of Rosberg for a minute, although with Nico...it wouldn't have been a joke :lol:

What an awful track for F1 cars. With all the changes in F1 to improve racing, this is completely the opposite. The banking is good but the rest is just too narrow and not long enough for good racing. Bad move taking the sport to this track. Monza should be good for an actual race this time, not a procession.

What an awful track for F1 cars. With all the changes in F1 to improve racing, this is completely the opposite. The banking is good but the rest is just too narrow and not long enough for good racing. Bad move taking the sport to this track. Monza should be good for an actual race this time, not a procession.
I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know but there is only one reason they came back to Netherlands.

Sadly I don't think they have any plans or money to build a new purpose built circuit there, so we may be stuck with Zandvoort as long as Max is around and successful.

Maybe my memory is failing but I believe when this all started they had the intention to build another track at Zandvoort for F1 since they didn't wanted to remodel the old one and destroy the heritage. Then came Assen where Charly Whiting already inspected the track back in 2017 or 18 to validate little changes which had to be made for F1. And then suddenly Zandvoort was confirmed and the rumours of a banked last turn started which finally were made (very close to the first F1 date in 2020).

Monza will most likely be a drs train.

With the small wings they will run the drs will not gain them nearly as much as any other circuit.

I see McLaren doing well though. Ferrari will most likely struggle with their weak ass engines.

Mercedes knows that every single point matters for this championship. Of course they are gonna try to get it for Lewis
So instead of him showing his skill an earning it, it's a let Micheal pass for the championship.

Last edited:
When we were celebrating Max' victory at that same moment his father Jos had to fly with a helicopter to a hospital for immediate treatment. Imagine that when you won at a 23 year young age and your father has to go to the hospital.

Luckily Jos is ok now. He had apparently immediate stomach inflammation (not sure if that's the right medical term)

So instead of him showing his skill an earning it, it's a let Micheal pass for the championship.
Eh? HAM had already earned the fastest lap point until Mercedes decided to faff around with the late pit stops.

When we were celebrating Max' victory at that same moment his father Jos had to fly with a helicopter to a hospital for immediate treatment. Imagine that when you won at a 23 year young age and your father has to go to the hospital.

Luckily Jos is ok now. He had apparently immediate stomach inflammation (not sure if that's the right medical term)
Someone on Twitter described it as "stitches in his stomach", by which I assume they meant stomach cramps, as stitches would either imply he'd ran after a heavy meal, or was having emergency surgery.

Eh? HAM had already earned the fastest lap point until Mercedes decided to faff around with the late pit stops.
But would Bottas have beaten it being on softs?
Yes.
Would hamilton have then beaten Bottas.
Hard to say.

But would Bottas have beaten it being on softs?
Yes.
Would hamilton have then beaten Bottas.
Hard to say.
It would've come down to the last sector.

Bottas set purple times on the first two sectors and aborted in the third sector, and on Hamilton's fast lap he set green times in S1 and S2 and purple S3. So it's really hard to say.

It would've come down to the last sector.

Bottas set purple times on the first two sectors and aborted in the third sector, and on Hamilton's fast lap he set green times in S1 and S2 and purple S3. So it's really hard to say.
But Bottas did lift on the final sector, so seeing as Lewis had green S1 and S2 times.
He would not have made Fastest lap if Bottas did not lift.

Last edited:
But Bottas did lift on the final sector, so seeing as Lewis had green S1 and S2 times.
Where was this energy for Max's free win last weekend? For someone who complains every time Lewis mentions tires, you've spent a lot of time moaning over a single point.

Honestly I don't know. I only paid attention to the status of their sector times and not the actual times. Since Lewis hit green times in the first two sectors chances are he wasn't far off Bottas' times, so it really does come down entirely to the final sector and considering that Lewis went double green and then purple in the third sector and took almost half a second out of Bottas' FL time I think it's even money on who would have gotten it had they both been allowed to race full tilt.

You think Bottas really dumped half a second in the final sector, considering he set the FL by quite some margin already?

Where was this energy for Max's free win last weekend? For someone who complains every time Lewis mentions tires, you've spent a lot of time moaning over a single point.
For Max, Seeing as how Mercedes screwed him the last 2GPs he deserved it.

As for Lewis complaining about tires, He says it so often, then does fastest lap after fastest lap.
Its a bit like the boy who cried wolf.
Does anyone on the grid even believe him when he complains about tires?

As for Bottas, there was no real need to pit Bottas and why make him "Go Slow"?

For Max, Seeing as how Mercedes screwed him the last 2GPs he deserved it.

As for Lewis complaining about tires, He says it so often, then does fastest lap after fastest lap.
Its a bit like the boy who cried wolf.
Does anyone on the grid even believe him when he complains about tires?

As for Bottas, there was no real need to pit Bottas and why make him "Go Slow"?
So you're completely biased, and have dedicated your days to crying about some guy on the TV. It's a free world I guess.

That was indeed a block by Mazepin on his teammate.
Mazepin again trying to shove Schumacher into a wall at high speed...
I didn't see this at the time (forced to visit the outlaws), but I've just caught up with it.

That's as close to actual attempted murder on a race track as I've seen - all the railing from Whinger Spice notwithstanding - in a long time. Well, since Baku, and it was the same asshole then too.

Steiner haas to do something about this, and it's unfathomable that their #2 is even going to race the rest of the season, never mind next year as well and with the same team-mate.

Sad part is that isn't the first time Mazepin has done that. It's "his" move, did it multiple times in F2 and presumably whatever he raced in before that.

Sad part is that isn't the first time Mazepin has done that. It's "his" move, did it multiple times in F2 and presumably whatever he raced in before that.

Maybe he learnt it from Michael Schumacher 😬

I'm not condoning it btw, and yes something must be done about it.

Maybe he learnt it from Michael Schumacher 😬

I'm not condoning it btw, and yes something must be done about it.

It's entirely possible, but he doesn't do it as well as MSC. He drifted smoothly and gradually across as he had the instinct to know which way Rubens was going. MAZ just waits to see which side they go and then yanks his wheel that way at the last second.

Both terrible of course, but MAZ is far, far less subtle about it.

So, I actually enjoyed watching this circuit, is it the best racing circuit for these cars, no, but then where is at the moment.

It was an interesting strategic race with good racing moments. Next season will be its real test.

Back