Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 562 comments
Also likely Hamilton didn't get a good tow from Bottas, they seemed further apart than need be.
..and obviously Bottas didn't have a tow either. So if both Mercs get one in the second run, they can find 3-4 tenths.

Bottas back on "pole" for Q3 with Lewis behind him. Feels like it's been a while since I've seen that, but it usually plays out in Lewis' favor on Sunday.

Last edited:
Expect him to part like the Red Sea and block Verstappen tomorrow as once again Verstappen's in a 2v1 fight...

And now all that Bottas needs to do is fight Hamilton every lap of the sprint race.

But he won't cause he's a bitch.

Expect him to part like the Red Sea and block Verstappen tomorrow as once again Verstappen's in a 2v1 fight...
And the two McLarens behind him, so he's effectively in a Mercedes powerplant sandwich.

And now all that Bottas needs to do is fight Hamilton every lap of the sprint race.

But he won't cause he's a bitch.
So what does that make Perez for doing Max a solid and running first in line for most of his quali runs?

It's teammates being teammates and helping out the guy who's in the running for the championship...

And the two McLarens behind him, so he's effectively in a Mercedes powerplant sandwich.
Yeah, but I only see Lando maybe putting pressure on Max. I like Danny, but I feel like he's still not consistently there with the car.

They should've accepted Mercedes are faster and give Perez the tow on the final runs. He's now 9th and we all know he'll just go backwards tomorrow.

Bottas really has little to race for, for himself, tomorrow. He's starting the full race at the back so he's racing purely for pride and 3 points max, the latter of which are pretty meaningless to him.

Has Bottas ever actually successfully blocked Verstappen?

I am, once again, completely gobsmacked that this BS continues to occur in quali. Someone is going to be hurt eventually and it looks like utter crap on the coverage.

When are the FIA going to fix this?

I am, once again, completely gobsmacked that this BS continues to occur in quali. Someone is going to be hurt eventually and it looks like utter crap on the coverage.

When are the FIA going to fix this?
When someone is injured or worse. It's the FIA way.

Mind you, blame can't be entirely placed at the FIA. The teams all complain about it whilst simultaneously still doing it themselves. Ironically nobody wants to be the first to blink and not mess around.

Bottas really has little to race for, for himself, tomorrow. He's starting the full race at the back so he's racing purely for pride and 3 points max, the latter of which are pretty meaningless to him.
It's more about denying Max the points than to secure points for himself.

It's more about denying Max the points than to secure points for himself.
I know, I was referring to the post saying that BOT won't fight with HAM. He has little reason to do so, over a couple of points, so no reason he won't try to play the team game.

Just caught the quali highlights on YouTube, and as always Qualifying at Monza once again became an absolute cluster🤬. I'm with @-Fred- in that Monza qualifying should be a 1-lap shootout. At some point someone will absolutely get hurt, and watching the cars que up waiting for someone to blink is just not fun to watch, especially after last year.

Still, a few surprises to be had this session, one of which being Bottas on pole not too far ahead of Hamilton. Unfortunately due to the nature of this weekends format that's a bit moot, but still good to see. Ricciardo getting P5 behind Norris is also good to see. Monza has always been one of his stronger tracks, but considering how the first 2/3rds of the year has gone for him, it's still very pleasant to see. Gasly grabbing P6 ahead of the two Ferraris is also awesome. I hope other teams are taking notice of him, because I feel like he's outgrown the AT at this point given his speed.

On the flipside of Gasly's performance, Checo put in another poor performance finishing P8 in qualy, 1 second behind pole. I really like Checo, and I know that RBR historically has been week at power-focused tracks, but that just doesn't look good, especially since he's 2 places behind a "teammate" who's in an objectively inferior car.

Two weekends ago it was carpets, this weekend it's wallpaper:

241562202_567319897811555_6149232286685072072_n.jpg

If max gets an engine swap, he will start last for the sprint.
If he gets 10th at the end, does he start 10th or last because of an engine change?

Last edited:
If max gets an engine swap, he will start last for the sprint.
If he gets 10th at the end, does he start 10th or last because of an engine change?
Power Unit penalty only takes effect during the race, no? Hence why Bottas isn't starting last in the sprint, but will in the race?

Last edited:
Back