Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 562 comments
This could've worked out like this as well.

Lewis starts second and gets a good start, his whipping boy gives him first, lewis powers ahead while whipping boi blocks Max.

Lewis: 1st
Bottas: 2nd
Max: 3rd.

The only thing that stopped this from happening is Lewis's poor start.
O.....k? Not sure what point you're trying to make or what that has to do with what I said. Unless it was just to bash Lewis again.

O.....k? Not sure what point you're trying to make or what that has to do with what I said. Unless it was just to bash Lewis again.
The format can go either way.
Yes Max has "Pole" according to the books, but it could've been Lewis as well.
Lewis could've had pole and odds were that he was going to win the sprint race based off the fact, Wingman and lewis does tend to get good starts and power ahead.

The format can go either way.
Yes Max has "Pole" according to the books, but it could've been Lewis as well.
Lewis could've had pole and odds were that he was going to win the sprint race based off the fact, Wingman and lewis does tend to get good starts and power ahead.
Yes, and I'd have thought it was just as ridiculous if HAM went in the record books as pole. I'm not biased. BOT should have that stat, end of, as far as I'm concerned.

How many drivers are expected to take a a new engine(s) and take a penalty this year? They should just increase the allocation to 4 to avoid all the mess that comes with it for the sake of a couple million $.

If they did, teams would end up using 5.
If what you're suggesting is true and if teams are currently willing to use each engine 25% less (20% if increased to 4) by sacrificing 1 round, that suggests the allocation amount is too low, does it not?

3 also leaves absolutely no room for terminal damage.

I think 4 is a fair amount, considering the continuing push for 23 races. It's almost 1 per 6 races, instead of almost 1 per 8 races. It's true that they would always push the allocation to the limit whether it was 2 or 10, but three does indeed seem a little too low.

If what you're suggesting is true and if teams are currently willing to use each engine 25% less (20% if increased to 4) by sacrificing 1 round, that suggests the allocation amount is too low, does it not?

3 also leaves absolutely no room for terminal damage.
Competitors will always push the limits of what they are allowed, it's the old "give them an inch and they will take a mile (or a kilometer if you're not a Yank)" adage.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be raised either, just that teams using more than the current allocation isn't enough in itself to warrant a change.

I had some drinks with a girlfriend last night and I told her that I was planning to watch the race today, but that it costs me £10 to watch each race... so she sent me a link to a pirate streaming site that she uses to watch races. I said 'thanks!' but obviously I'm not going to use it! All three of my male workmates also use pirate streaming services - one guy actually paid for access to it - to watch whatever sports they want. It's tough when good friends do stuff that you don't like, and I 'jokingly' (although not actually joking) that 'it's people like you that make it more expensive for honest people like me to watch the race!', which always gets a laugh. Sigh.

Last edited:
I had some drinks with a girlfriend last night and I told her that I was planning to watch the race today, but that it costs me £10 to watch each race... so she sent me a link to a pirate streaming site that she uses to watch races. I said 'thanks!' but obviously I'm not going to use it! All three of my male workmates also use pirate streaming services - one guy actually paid for access to it - to watch whatever sports they want. It's tough when good friends do stuff that you don't like, and I 'jokingly' (although not actually joking) that 'it's people like you that make it more expensive for honest people like me to watch the race!', which always gets a laugh. Sigh.
£10 per race?! :eek:
TBH that's not the pirates increasing the price, that's just pure corporate greed. In fact, it's probably that price that's increasing piracy.
F1TV Pro is only €64.99 per year for me. That's like 25% of what you're paying...

Last edited:
£10 per race?! :eek:
TBH that's not the pirates increasing the price, that's just pure corporate greed. In fact, it's probably that price that's increasing piracy.
F1TV Pro is only €64.99 per year for me. That's like 25% of what you're paying...
£9.99 is the cost of a 24-hr pass on NOW TV (Sky TV's on-demand service), so I get to watch a few hours of random sport as well as F1, but yeh... short of signing up for Sky Sports itself, it's expensive to just watch the occasional race (though I can't watch some races anyway due to work and family commitments).

F1TV is not available in the UK as far as I know, which is so stupid. What's annoying is when you fork out that amount for a single race but don't get to watch any of the practice, qualifying etc., which may well be the best part of the race weekend. Fortunately this season has been pretty good in terms of exciting races, but it obviously isn't always the case.

Channel 4 shows practically the entire race later in the evening free-to-air too, so it's only really for a race that I really want to see live.

But you can just use the "gray" way and subscribe to F1TV via VPN and watch afterwards without it from nearly anywhere. Also the only chance to use Race Control App with multiple camera support at once. F1TV isn't available in Germany officially anymore too. And due to EU-rights (which are a bit of a problem for you now) this isn't even illegal or gray in the EU to use this method.

Last edited:
I have to watch an illegal stream because the free to air only shows 1hr of the race or as they call them "Highlights".
So its lap 1, lap 3, lap 4, lap7, lap 32.
I dont know why they get the rights if they dont show it correctly.
Its not like anyone going watch anything else at 11pm.

Or pay $75 per month with foxtel as to do that, you need to get the basics pack then the sports add on.
Not to mention you still get ads with Foxtel, yup you pay high dollar yet you still get ads.

The reason Australia get F1 TV Pro is "Exclusive Rights" or some crap Foxtel has done with FOM.

When will they learn that "Exclusive Rights" ends up screwing them?

Offer affordable access to everyone and more people will subscribe.

Last edited:
Well he did take a shunt into the wall.
Hope the Hondas aren't glass cannons.
As if impacts can damage them that is not a good thing.

Back