Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 562 comments
And now, the shoe-mpagne!

Happy Red Bull GIF by Formula 1

Lewis, don't use the "I backed out on lap 1" argument, you came on the radio and said Max pushed you off. That won't help.

Edit: Now Toto is claiming it was a professional foul by Max. Come off it, two rivals not wanting to back out is not a deliberate action wanting to crash.

Last edited:
Bonkers race! Super happy for Ricciardo and Norris! Nice chunk of points for their WCC.

Nice recovery from Bottas. I've been a bit mean to him over the years, but he drove well.

Ferrari was quicker than I thought. Solid drives.

Oh! Russell got a points? Nice!

Feel so bad for Gasly and Tsunoda. Didn't even get a chance to fight.

No comment for Max and Lewis.

fakeedit: Glad Ricciardo rememberd the shoey.

So if a podium gets him a drive, does a win give him ownership?

Thrilled to see McLaren get a 1-2, hopefully they can cap off the day with another win in Portland!

Better hope he doesn't like it TOO much and sign a contract with Penske to drive in Cup next year!

I really don’t know how much meaningful wheel-to-wheel racing we’re going to see for the championship. Every time they battle, Max goes all-or-nothing like it’s the last turn on the final lap. There has to be a bit more give-and-take, pick your battles type attitude or it’s just going to be a retirement every time.

Max doesn’t want to compare Turn 1 and Turn 4 bc Lewis kept squeezing and squeezing even though he squeezed Lewis and made him take the sausage curb.

Meanwhile George Russell picks up two points for 9th, his third ever Williams points finish and third in four races, and nobody cares any more.
Because its becoming normal for him.

Max should get a penalty if anything just for sheer accrued incidents. He's been too aggressive all year with Lewis and it finally bit again for a second time. As the result was a DNF for both, it's time for the book to be thrown at him.

About the incident. Max is more of a car length behind at the end of the braking zone for the first apex. Lewis would have seen him at this point, but there's a point where he has to look at the apex and turn in with however much speed he decides with on cold tyres. The next time Lewis would see him is after or during the first apex when he starts to prepare for the second, at which point Lewis did not commit to that second apex kerb as he normally would. I'm not sure Lewis can do much more than what he did to try and avoid contact.

Stupid move from Max and totally avoidable. I will wait to see Lewis' onboard before decided Max is totally 100% at fault but as he is quite clearly predominantly at fault, he should receive a penalty as Lewis did at Silverstone.

Nice to see Max went to check Lewis was OK too /s

I really don’t know how much meaningful wheel-to-wheel racing we’re going to see for the championship. Every time they battle, Max goes all-or-nothing like it’s the last turn on the final lap. There has to be a bit more give-and-take, pick your battles type attitude or it’s just going to be a retirement every time.
So true. If he yields at Silverstone he loses a maximum of 7 points to Lewis maximum. Here, he can keep himself in the race. His hot head could have very easily taken just himself out of the race again and lost more points to Lewis.

Last edited:
Back