Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 562 comments
''hypocrisy and exposed'' with no explanation sounds like the twitter mindset to me, I don't really care for it because it's primative nonsense.

There is always going to be idiots on social media who cares.
It was literally the next sentence in my comment, but you must have missed it. Now you're calling people idiots, that's not at all reflecting this Twitter mentality you're referring to?

Before anything else, what a great day for Danny, Lando and the entire McLaren team. I do think it was their race to lose even without the big incident of the day. Not surprised with Bottas and his pace since he did get an engine change. Wonder if Stroll will get a post-race penalty. Russell's luck has taken a turn to where getting points isn't a huge surprise anymore.

Now, I will say that the Lewis/Max collision reminded me of a somewhat similar incident involving Lewis years ago.

There's a reason why drivers cut chicanes if they end up off track rather than try and continue to follow the racing line; the rejoin. In GT Sport of all things, because the game resets your car if you try to cut the corner after going off, drivers will do what Max did today and end up wiping out whoever is besides them. You'll get the next apex sooner and have a much more acute angle to turn. Never ends well. Won't get into who is to blame but I'm surprised Hamilton did what he did because he should've known that Max wasn't going to give in the slightest. Abundantly clear at this point and not surprised if this isn't the last time we're talking about yet another incident between the two.

Must point this out and - and it's incredible saying this - but thank goodness for the halo. I'm not sure if I heard right but I think Lewis said the tire put pressure on his neck. I'm glad we're having this conversation rather than something much more dire.

Max was still on the track though, what Maldonado did was just stupid and Max would be 100% at fault had he been off the track, but he wasn't.

It was literally the next sentence in my comment, but you must have missed it. Now you're calling people idiots, that's not at all reflecting this Twitter mentality you're referring to?
Do you really want me to respond to this, how do you think it will go?

Daniel's wish comes true. Present of Zak for winning this Monza GP.

1631463131795.png

Roo
3 place grid penalty for Russia and 2 penalty points on his licence for Max.
Ultimately I feel it was a racing incident but I can also see why Max gets a penalty there. That pass was never going to work and was always going to result in a collision.

Between this and the tennis a lot of words are coming back to bite people on the arse aren't they?

Edit: posted just as the news broke. Yep that looks fair to me.
Sorry to go a little off topic but what was being said about the tennis?

As a life long mclaren fan this is a great day.

Max getting a penalty is not surprising as it was a move against Hamilton, blessed doesn't like it when other racers bite back.
Should be interesting when Russell joins merc next season 👀
Love a bit of drama between championship contenders, bottas never quite delivered that.

Just watched the race, my 2 cents are that it's a reverse of the Silverstone crash. Both contributed to it but this time Max was more at fault because he should have backed out, although HAM should have given him more space.

It really was pretty much the same as L1T4, except on that occasion HAM did the sensible thing and backed off whilst Max, as usual, did not. Once he was forced off the track he essentially just drove straight into HAM, who was giving him space once he got to the T2 apex. So as I say, both did things wrong but ultimately MAX caused the contact by not backing out.

I mean, where is he planning to go at this point?

Formula1 2021 Italian Grand Prix Race 1080p50 HDTV DD2.0 x264-wAm.mkv_snapshot_00.46.32_[2021....jpg

He's never going to make the corner even if HAM gets magically taken away by aliens, and he knows full well where HAM is. Poor judgement again from VER even if he wasn't entirely to blame.

Great result for McLaren though, long deserved they got back up there and they didn't just inherit it either.

EDIT: If you look at the L1T4 incident it's not exactly the same because the gap between the two corners of the chicane is much greater but this is the line HAM would have to take to mirror the accident. But he didn't, he did the sensible thing.

nop.png

Last edited:
Oh also forgot to add, those sausage kerbs on apexes really need to go. Go back to grass or just flat tarmac and properly penalise people if they cut the corner, not with a death trap. How many more lucky breaks do we need from accidents involving them before we get rid?

He had been magnificent all weekend.
This Bottas should have been here the last 5 seasons, but he only shows up for 1-2 races per season. He has the driving skills to take it to Hamilton like Rosberg did but somehow drives like an absolute weenie for most of the races.

This Bottas should have been here the last 5 seasons, but he only shows up for 1-2 races per season. He has the driving skills to take it to Hamilton like Rosberg did but somehow drives like an absolute weenie for most of the races.
Yes, "somehow".

If he had taken the fight to Hamilton from the start, they could not have denied him hos championship fight.
I am firmly of the unprovable belief that after Button and Rosberg, Hamilton has politicked with Mercedes-Benz for an easier, less threatening teammate. Hamilton even had the upper hand on Button and Rosberg most of the time they were his teammate anyway but still ran him close. Too close.

Like how Barrichello wasn't on Schumacher's level anyway in a fair fight but whether it was written into his contract officially or not, everybody knew what was really going on.

Anyone else notice that Ocon got given a penalty for squeezing Vettel in the braking zone at turn 4 but Leclerc didn't for the exact same thing against Hamilton 2 years ago? The start of the Leclerc penalty evasion. :)

Screenshot_20210912-154459_YouTube.jpg

20210912_194043.jpg

Anyone else notice that Ocon got given a penalty for squeezing Vettel in the braking zone at turn 4 but Leclerc didn't for the exact same thing against Hamilton 2 years ago? The start of the Leclerc penalty evasion.
I also couldn't help note GIO got a penalty for an unsafe rejoin in front of a Ferrari today but when Sainz flew back onto the track at Silverstone and forced GAS to swerve, nothing.

This is why we need the same stewards at each event.

Something else I should mention, I really don't like this trend from FOM of "glamorising" the dangerous side of F1. They keep showing replay after replay after replay of these incidents in recent years, on this occasion showed the slo-mo of HAM with a wheel on his head three whole times.

Sure, I know that if the worst happens they wouldn't do that on any incident where there is injury or worse, but it just feels like they're doing too much of "HEY, LOOK AT THIS AMAZING CRASH, ISN'T IT AMAZING! LOOK HOW CLOSE TO HIS HEAD IT WAS! THIS IS F1" for my liking. Combine that with their desire to see as many standing starts as possible because they know crashes and incidents are far more likely then and I really don't like the way they're going.

Last edited:
Back