Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 206 comments
Honda have bought BAR to make Button champion within 5 years, eh?
Maybe. But I just don't think Honda has the ability to build a championship winning car. His best option is to go to Mclaren. They'll normally be competitive. It's just reliability.

If I recall correctly, this was the year that Killer Valteri would show his killer skills.

Turns out that he is about as murderous as an earth worm.
He's sometimes been called Kovalainen 2.0 but that's not entirely fair. While the end result is the same there's a marked difference - Kovalainen was a fast guy who got screwed majorly by the team both at Renault and McLaren. Bottas manages to do it all by himself.

No I'm not joking. I genuinely don't know why they're there. Never seen them piled up like that in any other races so I assume it's related to the typhoon somehow. Question is why?

You read spyrrari's message? So in the pics they are on the pallets after being delivered to the teams, then they pick them up from the piles and use how they see fit?

No I'm not joking. I genuinely don't know why they're there. Never seen them piled up like that in any other races so I assume it's related to the typhoon somehow. Question is why?
It’s not the pallets they are trying to weigh down ;)

The sand bags are probably to be used to stop water ingress, they are delivered to the teams on pallets. You seemed to have missed that obvious fact hence why people think you are joking.

Do we know if there'll be a qualifying session yet?

EDIT: Formula1.com is still showing quali as 2-3am UK time, is that for definite? I'd like to plan just how little sleep I'm going to get :)

Do we know if there'll be a qualifying session yet?

EDIT: Formula1.com is still showing quali as 2-3am UK time, is that for definite? I'd like to plan just how little sleep I'm going to get :)
Yes, 2am UK time is when it's scheduled. If they still cancel it it'll be closer to the time.

Its been dry for hours already....
Prediction is sunny ,25c and windy...

So quali and race should be bone dry!

Unfortunately...whas hoping for some rain in either quali or race!!!
But track should be as green as gras for quali,so things may be tricky and or surprising?... hopefully !!

Going to bed,alarm clock is on!!!

Spy.

Curious to know if the drivers take all the risk with a 'clean' (or better said: dirt) track in Q1. Then a quick nap and it's race time.

Edit: Ouch Kubica. Red flag

Last edited:
Qualifying is on the ESPN News channel. Just started and Kubica had a huge accident red flagging the session. I was trying to get it to work the app but switched over to see his car already parked on the side

Anyone else in Canada able to watch the qualifying? I was really looking forward to watching this but it's not on TV.

Last edited:
I’m a fan of this crosswind out of the Casio triangle. (Do they still call it that?)

A proper challenge for the drivers and it’s already catching people out. You never want drivers to crash, but I love the idea that even the final corner doesn’t give drivers room to breath

Back